• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Sprites Extracted Gifs

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2023
I have wrote a quick utility in C# to quickly extract many gif files into multiple frames because everyone knows gif files sucks. I needed this for my C# engine as I plan on having animated Pokemon in-battle and XNA would probably scream at me for feeding it gifs.

These are all in original size, they have not been resized or anything

I will extract more sprites soon such as shinies, back sprites and trainers

Warning: This is absolutely massive and all files together total up to about 500,000 files

Gif Files

Frontal (NOT SHINY)
Frontal (SHINY)
Back (NOT SHINY)
Back (SHINY)
Trainers
Misc
All-In-One Pack (MASSIVE)

Separated into frames

Frontal (NOT SHINY)
Frontal (SHINY)
Back (NOT SHINY)
Back (SHINY)
Trainers
Menu Icons (NOT SHINY)
Menu Icons (SHINY)
Misc
All-In-One Pack (MASSIVE)

Utility used for the extraction
Virus Scan for those who fear

Note:
- It was made for my own personal usage
- Requires .NET 4 (downloadable here)

Example of frames for Pikachu
2zKrb

Simply load them into your animation provider or something. You might have trouble with white space if you render them at a static X and Y location on screen, since some of them have more white spaces, I'm not sure ...

Also, unless you really hate your user base, you should definitely package all of these sprites into your own data storage file that your engine read so that you only distribute one single file containing all of these sprites.

Credit:
sprites.pokecheck.org (All of the gif files)
Me (Writing the utility program)

Hopefully this helps!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2023
Updated my post with the rest of them, I will upload a zip file including absolutely everything.

CrossZero

Master Bonder
Years
Awesome, i'll download it to see your C# ultility did.

Could be usefull if some one animate them with photoshop so they are not .PNG images, so they become .GIF images. I'll do it if i have some free time.

Thanks for the good job.

See ya​

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I am in it! I am going animate these! And it is summer too so I will have free time!

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
You can already find the .gifs out there. No need to animate them. Look for P-Sign's Ultimate BW kit. The point of Oxysoft's post was the still images because .gifs slow down the game so much. You can animate them if you want to but its a waste of time since they are already done

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
You can already find the .gifs out there. No need to animate them. Look for P-Sign's Ultimate BW kit. The point of Oxysoft's post was the still images because .gifs slow down the game so much. You can animate them if you want to but its a waste of time since they are already done

When I download the file it is blank...

Back