• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together 2013

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years

PokéCommunity Get-Together 2013

The Get-Together is a community-wide event where every member is invited to get together and have fun! It doesn't matter whether you are a new or old member; the Get-Together serves to unite the community. The events will take place in a dedicated event forum, available to all during July 5th to July 8th. We have many events for everyone to participate in, which are hosted by members of the community.

Check out the new section by clicking on this link.

Core Events
Skype Hosted by Bloodex, Harlequin, Meganium90, and Twihiki_Amias
Your friendly neighborhood Skype chat.

iSketch Hosted by Miss Doronjo and Twihiki_Amias
Doodle Pokemon-related things and see if others can guess what you're drawing!

Radio Nights Hosted by Antemortem and AWsquared
Come and join your fellow music listeners and chill out to your favorite tunes on the official PokéCommunity Radio!

Trivia Event Hosted by Lady Gunner and Harlequin
Test your skills on all sorts of general non-Pokémon related trivia.

Creative Events
Art Competition Hosted by ANARCHit3cht and Meganium90
Sharpen your pencils and show off your artistic expertise in this contest.

Small Writing Competition Hosted by bobandbill, Cosmic Fury, and Cutlerine
Write a short story based on this year's theme! It can be Pokémon themed, based on another fandom, or an original fiction.

Singing Contest Hosted by Lady Gunner and ANARCHit3cht
Grab the mic and start recording your beautiful singing voice to top this event!

Game Concept Design Hosted by Maruno, ZachLMedia, and Para-Dox
Your chance to exercise your creative muscles and come up with a great idea for a new Pokémon game. Points for originality!

Prettiest Profile Contest Hosted by BinaryPeaches, Twilight Sky, vaporeon7, and DeltaSalamence
Think you're good at designing profiles? Show off your artistic flare in this contest.

Pokémon Design Contest Hosted by Para-Dox, Zeffy, and vaporeon7
Ever imagined a neat Pokémon in your head, but didn't get around to designing it? Here's your chance to show it off!

Pokemon Events
Egg Swap Hosted by Forever, Kip, and vaporeon7
Quickly swap your eggs around with other traders in a set period of time.

Trade Raffle Hosted by Mac and twistedpuppy, prizes distributed by tabor62 and Iloveeevee
Welcome to the Trade Corner Raffle Extravaganza, where there are prizes to be won and fun to be had!

Battle Server Tournament Hosted by Wolflare and ForeverDash
Battle to your heart's content in this tournament! Chill out on the battle server, make a few teams, chat some, or do whatever. You may lose some battles, but hey, the important thing is having fun, right?

Wi-Fi Battle Tournament Hosted by Wolflare and Griffinbane
Get your team ready on one of the Pokémon games, then duke it out to see how impressive it is!

RSE/DPPt Secret Base Contest Hosted by Sydian and Curious.
Ever want everyone to see your awesome base? Here's the contest for you! Curious and Sydian will be judging your secret bases in RSE and DPPt!

GSC/HGSS Bug Catching Contest Hosted by Sydian and Curious.
In this event, Curious and Sydian will be judging the best Bug that you catch in either GSC or HGSS.

Pokémon Anime Caption Contest Hosted by EternallyAnna, NecrumWarrior, and ZachLMedia
Come up with creative captions for the provided anime screenshots!

Pokémon Anime Livestream Marathons Hosted by EternallyAnna and NecrumWarrior
Join us for a selection of episode arcs from across the generations.

Pokémon Anime Movie Nights Hosted by Olli97 and ZachLMedia
Grab some snacks, sit back, and enjoy watching some of the great Pokémon movies with us.

Gaming Events
Retro Gaming Event Hosted by Brendino and JNathan
Are you a huge fan of retro games like Pacman? Then this is the event for you!

Video Gaming Events Hosted by Nuke, Griffinbane, Krazzikk, OokamiReki, and TwilightBlade
A variety of PC and console games are available here for you to get your gaming fix.

Minecraft Event Hosted by Curious. and Hiroshi Sotomura
ssssSS...

Yu-Gi-Oh Singles and Tag Tournaments Hosted by AlexOzzyCake and Francois
It's time to duel, so get your game on and let's rev it up!

Last edited:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
A huge chunk of the Skype chats I've been involved in the past have centered around the Australian/NZ/Southern Hemisphere members and well, Bloodex doesn't live in a timezone where he can host a Skype call when we're most active. Usually Nica would do such a thing, but since she has since gracefully departed from the forum/the Get-Together as far as I know, I'd love to host the Skype call at the times when Bloodex is sleeping. I mean, he can't exactly be awake all the time, lol.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
We should have a PC Scavenger Hunt and maybe a Trivia contest that is not about Pokemon? I would gladly host those competitions though!

Reactions: Her

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I would like to volunteer my services in hosting the Pokemon Anime Livestream Marathons and Caption Contest.

I can also donate Pokemon for the Trade Raffle if it's not gonna all be RNGed.

Last edited:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
We should have a PC Scavenger Hunt and maybe a Trivia contest that is not about Pokemon? I would gladly host those competitions though!

!!!!!!!!!
Yes, a trivia contest would be wonderful!!!!!!!! If this goes ahead, I'd like to also put my name forward for that (if Lady Gunner would let me do so).

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Boom. This stuff's nice...
Seems like a lot of activities this year.
I'll have to volunteer or the Graphics & Pixel Art, I just have to (Great to see Logie hosting!).

And then I'm going to try to try out the Battle Server and the Anime Watch-Along, but I'm only a first-timer.

Most of these sound exciting!

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I think I'm going to ask Nica and Kip about getting together for egg swapping again. Hope it does happen!

Years
I think it would be cool if we could get someone to distribute pokemon to those taking part in the get together as a token of participation. Nothing serious, just a lv1 pokemon perhaps decided upon via poll as the 'get together mascot' with the OT name of PC2013 (can you have numbers in an OT name?). It'd be like our own little event pokemon.

Anyway I'd be happy to host or be involved in a Fifa 13 tournament if the events don't strictly have to follow a pokemon theme. Otherwise I'll be pleased to participate in the various other events.

Years
The fact I work most of the week sorta makes me not able to host an event. Oh well.

But I might probably still take part in a few events, and maybe battle a bit on the Showdown server! The battles look like fun to do, even if I only do randbats there.

Anyways, I'll be expected to attend like always.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Every Get-Together needs an Egg Swap. :mudkip;):

Haven't spoken to Nica about it yet but I'm sure she'd be up for co-hosting this with me. ^^

Years
Would it be conflicting to have an anime caption contest and an anime snapshots contest, like in past events? :s I would like to help in those or even possibly help out in the bug catching contest :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
In the 2011 get together, there was an Emblem Sketchers competition where members design their own emblems. Hoping that doesn't conflict with the other art events, I'd like to volunteer for that event if that is approved. :D

I'd do skype again this year, but I'm afraid school will be a factor for me so no skype for me this year :(

I guess I could help Maruno out with his competition.
Also Retro Gaming event?

Retro Gaming event needs to happen too! :D I'm also up for volunteering for that too.

Back