• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] "Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
This is the place to show off any cards or other Pokemon TCG related merch you just got!

Rules and Guidelines:
  1. Consecutive posts are permitted. Spamming, however, is not.
  2. YouTube videos must be related to the topic and must be embedded into your post using the [youtube][/youtube] tags with the portion of the url after "v=" going between the YouTube tags. Any improperly embedded videos will be deleted.
  3. Any blatant advertisements will be deleted without warning. This includes YouTube videos.
  4. Have fun and be civil!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Haven't posted in awhile, haven't been buying much since Sun and Moon came out, I really want the new full arts of old XY trainers and exs in The Best of XY such as Hex Maniac, Blacksmith, Regirock and Jolteon to name a few, but I don't really want to buy the Japanese boxes so hopefully they are released in English soon.

Not sure what I posted last time but so far this month I've pulled Ilima FA, Primal Kyorge FA, Scizor FA and Gallade FA, also Lapras GX, and exs of Genesect, Camerupt, M Pidgeot, M Lucario, M Blastoise(Evolutions), M Charizard(Evolutions) and Thundurus.

The M Pidgeot is mocking me as it's the only full art I haven't pulled from Evolutions.

Went to Walmart today and they marked down a ton of their ex boxes, mainly any box that has 4 packs in it is 17.98 instead of 19.98.

I got 4 boxes including a M Latios Box and a M Rayquaza Box and 2 Kingdra Boxes, also got 12 Roaring Skies packs.

I opened a Kingdra box and it had a Raticate Break and Raticate in the same pack, a Zygarde Ex and a holo Alolan Dugtrio. So I guess if Raticate Break was a good card that would have been a good prerelease pack. Also pulled the Gallade FA, I think that's my 5th of that and some holos so yay to no weighing.

Years
So I went to a prerelease over the weekend for Guardians Rising. Because I played all 3 rounds, I earned an additional 3 packs, but I only went 1-2, so I did not earn any more packs for doing good.

My prerelease pack had the prerelease Mudsdale in it.

Within the boosters, I pulled Sylveon GX, Vital Dance Oricorio, reverse holo Bewear, Energy Recycler, Enhanced Hammer, Rescue Stretcher, 2x Field Blower, Choice Band, reverse holo Whiscash, Mimikyu, normal Whiscash, Mallow, reverse holo Brooklet Hill, Wailord, and Aqua Patch.

They also gave us each 4 league promos at the end in an XY Pikachu, League Cup Nest Ball, League Primarina, and League Incineroar.

I also bought a bunch of singles while there:

Jungle Prerelease Clefable (slightly miscut)
Erika (Gym Heroes holo)
reverse holo Darkness Energy from EX Emerald
BreakPoint Prerelease promo Trevenant.
Pokemon First Movie stamped Mewtwo Black Star Promo 3
League promo Pikachu XY202
RC30 Gardevoir EX (Full Art)
FA Pokemon Ranger

Haven't posted in awhile, haven't been buying much since Sun and Moon came out, I really want the new full arts of old XY trainers and exs in The Best of XY such as Hex Maniac, Blacksmith, Regirock and Jolteon to name a few, but I don't really want to buy the Japanese boxes so hopefully they are released in English soon.

Not sure what I posted last time but so far this month I've pulled Ilima FA, Primal Kyorge FA, Scizor FA and Gallade FA, also Lapras GX, and exs of Genesect, Camerupt, M Pidgeot, M Lucario, M Blastoise(Evolutions), M Charizard(Evolutions) and Thundurus.

The M Pidgeot is mocking me as it's the only full art I haven't pulled from Evolutions.

Went to Walmart today and they marked down a ton of their ex boxes, mainly any box that has 4 packs in it is 17.98 instead of 19.98.

I got 4 boxes including a M Latios Box and a M Rayquaza Box and 2 Kingdra Boxes, also got 12 Roaring Skies packs.

I opened a Kingdra box and it had a Raticate Break and Raticate in the same pack, a Zygarde Ex and a holo Alolan Dugtrio. So I guess if Raticate Break was a good card that would have been a good prerelease pack. Also pulled the Gallade FA, I think that's my 5th of that and some holos so yay to no weighing.

5 Gallade FAs? Crazy.

Years
Did open a Sun and moon (1) Elite trainer box this weekend (Sun).

Not best pulls, but not to bad with 2 Espeon and some good Rev Holo.
Becouse of I did order from states I dont think I will get my guardians rising booster box before in 2 weeks time.

Video for all the pulls:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
Through a bizarre twist of fate I have pulled 4 Lapras GX in my past 14 packs. I spent so long trying to get my first 4, I now have 8 of the things haha.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened the other Kingdra Box and got a M Gallade FA lol.

I went to another Walmart and they too had stocked some packs of Roaring Skies, bought the 12 they had and the first 6 I opened had Shaymin FA, Rayquaza Ex, Swellow H, M Latios Ex and Jirachi H, out of the last 6 I pulled Deoxys H and Gallade Ex, so not sure what happened but I suggest buying loose Roaring Skies packs at Walmart. Only downside was the Shaymin has really bad edgewear, like it looks like someone took it and scrapped all 4 sides onto the edge of a table. It's only my second ever Shaymin FA pulled though.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I opened my first Guardian's Rising packs. I opened an ETB and a couple Vikavolt blisters. Not sure if this set has 2 3 pack promos or just Vikavolt but my local Target only had that one. I ended up recreating something that happened in SM1, aka I pulled 2 secret rares in one purchase, one in an etb and the other in a 3 pack.

Spoiler:

Since early XY I've been pulling the secret rares early in the set's release, the silver Dialga was only my 3rd ultra rare in Phantom Forces. This time the Max Potion was in my 2nd pack of the set. The Rare Candy was in the 7th pack of the etb.

Years
So I opened a Steam Siege 3 Pack blister with a Zapdos in it.

Pack 1: Samurott, Yveltal BREAK
Pack 2: Ampharos, Claw Fossil Anorith
Pack 3: Xerneas, Greedy Dice

Happy about pulling the Break.

Today I opened my first Guardian's Rising packs. I opened an ETB and a couple Vikavolt blisters. Not sure if this set has 2 3 pack promos or just Vikavolt but my local Target only had that one. I ended up recreating something that happened in SM1, aka I pulled 2 secret rares in one purchase, one in an etb and the other in a 3 pack.

Spoiler:

Since early XY I've been pulling the secret rares early in the set's release, the silver Dialga was only my 3rd ultra rare in Phantom Forces. This time the Max Potion was in my 2nd pack of the set. The Rare Candy was in the 7th pack of the etb.

Dude, that's some crazy early packs luck.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I also bought a Sun and Moon ETB when I got the Guardians Rising ETB and packs and opened it the following day and it had my first hyper rare, Lunala.

I don't know why but these cards look kind of dirty compared to the xy full arts, I think it's because the ridges are smaller. The Lunala doesn't have that gorgeous rainbow glare the silver Dialga from Phantom Forces had either even though the card is colored in a rainbow print.

To be honest seeing it in person I notice the ridge design is kind of boring as well. On the older cards the ridges on the Pokémon would follow the Pokémon's design and make them 3d like and then in the background you'd have another design to make them standout. But on the hyper rare Lunala the background design is pretty much the same as the design on Lunala... Like the pattern matches the background design and doesn't really fit Lunala's design.

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
Pulled a Full Art Metagross GX, regular art Metagross GX, Secret Rare Rare Candy and Secret Rare Aqua Patch in my last 12 packs of GUR

Years
Just did a quick open of an evolutions pack I earned on the TCGO. Dugtrio was the rare. Charizard Spirit Link was the reverse, and there was also Potion and Venusaur Spirit Link in there for trainers. Not much in the way of interesting cards, though.

I also bought a Sun and Moon ETB when I got the Guardians Rising ETB and packs and opened it the following day and it had my first hyper rare, Lunala.

I don't know why but these cards look kind of dirty compared to the xy full arts, I think it's because the ridges are smaller. The Lunala doesn't have that gorgeous rainbow glare the silver Dialga from Phantom Forces had either even though the card is colored in a rainbow print.

To be honest seeing it in person I notice the ridge design is kind of boring as well. On the older cards the ridges on the Pok?mon would follow the Pok?mon's design and make them 3d like and then in the background you'd have another design to make them standout. But on the hyper rare Lunala the background design is pretty much the same as the design on Lunala... Like the pattern matches the background design and doesn't really fit Lunala's design.

I've yet to pull any of the FAs with ridges so I'm having a hard time visualizing what you're talking about.

Years
Wanted to try out a Japanese booster box so I did get my hands on the SUN & MOON ISLANDS AWAIT, that is some of the base for the new english set guardian rising.

Happy with the pulls, did put one of the cards in the pile to send to PSA. :)

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened some Sun and Moon packs from Dollar Tree, got a duplicate Illima FA.

Today I opened 12 packs of Breakthrough and Roaring Skies and pulled a full art Giovanni's Scheme which was 1 of 2 ultra rares I hadn't yet pulled from the set, the last being the blue Mewtwo full art.

Years
Opening a Guardians Rising ETB right now.

Pack 1: reverse holo Roadblock Sudowoodo, Poltergeist Trevenant, Altar of the Moone, Choice Band
Pack 2: reverse holo Drampa, Heliolisk, Max Potion
Pack 3: Swellow, Enhanced Hammer, Multi Switch
Pack 4: Vanilluxe
Pack 5: reverse holo Lilligant, Garbodor
Pack 6: Alolan Ninetales GX
Pack 7: reverse holo Supernatural Dance Oricorio, normal rare Supernatural Dance Oricorio, Max Potion
Pack 8: reverse holo Altar of the Sunne, Alolan Ninetales GX

YEAH BOI a pretty nice ETB overall.

EDIT: Pack 8's Alolan Ninetales GX is actually the secret rare, WOO!

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Got the Tapu Koko ETB as sleeves are sexy.

Managed to get a Max Potion, Rescue Stretcher, 3x Field Blower, Brooklet Hill, Phantump, RF Vulpix, RF Victini, RF Aqua Patch and Turtonator GX.

Happy with the GX, it was one of the five that I wanted outside Lele (those being Drampa, Sylveon, Turtonator, Ninetales and Lycanroc). Going to make a Fire deck that doesn't auto fold to Water mons now.

On PTCGo, those 8 packs netted me a Sylveon GX and a few others.

Years
Opened a locked Steam Siege booster on TCGO just now. Rare was Magearna EX, nothing else interesting in the pack. Bit of a nice run of luck for me the past two days.

Got the Tapu Koko ETB as sleeves are sexy.

Managed to get a Max Potion, Rescue Stretcher, 3x Field Blower, Brooklet Hill, Phantump, RF Vulpix, RF Victini, RF Aqua Patch and Turtonator GX.

Happy with the GX, it was one of the five that I wanted outside Lele (those being Drampa, Sylveon, Turtonator, Ninetales and Lycanroc). Going to make a Fire deck that doesn't auto fold to Water mons now.

On PTCGo, those 8 packs netted me a Sylveon GX and a few others.

Nice ETBs there physically and virtually.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Went on a hunt for the Mega Powers Collection the only place that had it was TRU, we had a 20% off one item coupon that doesn't start until Sunday so decided to wait until then to get it.

Instead at Target I bought a Knock Out Collection and a couple Swampert tins, as they contain Roaring Skies.

In the Knockout Collection box I got a full art Malamar Ex, in the 1st tin I got a M Heracross Ex and in the 2nd tin I got a full art Xerosic. Nice cards, I hadn't pulled those cards in awhile. I miss the old xy sets.

Years
So, instead of using my $50 off one item GameStop coupon on a console or controller, I opted to use it on a Mega Powers Collection box.

BreakPoint booster: Trevenant BREAK, Fighting Fury Belt
Ancient Origins booster: reverse holo Double Type Golurk, ancient trait Metagross, Dangerous Energy, Ace Trainer
BreakThrough booster: reverse holo Glalie Spirit Link, Full Art Mewtwo EX, Fisherman
Roaring Skies booster: full art Shaymin EX, Healing Scarf
Primal Clash booster: reverse holo ancient trait Medicham, ancient trait Rhyperior
Fates Collide booster: Lugia BREAK, Kabutops, Dome Fossil Kabuto, Double Colorless Energy
Steam Siege booster: Clawitzer BREAK, Probopass, Special Charge
Evolutions booster: Electrode, Double Colorless Energy, Charizard Spirit Link

The full art Shaymin is very nice. 2 ultra rare+ cards in 8 packs again, too.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I got the Mega Powers Collection today, wasn't the best box. All the promos in all the boxes they had were very faded, like they didn't use the right amount of ink. Not the best pulls either so wasn't really worth the money, oh well.

I kind of hate the fact Pokémon releases all these special cards in English in 50-70 dollar boxes with old inventory they are trying to get rid of. Plus the poor quality prints of the cards. The price is definitely in the number of packs.

I mean the Mewtwo and Mew full art reprints they released awhile ago were very well made. And the box had a lot of stuff to match the price.

Hopefully the full art trainers get better treatment and prints.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
I got the Mega Powers Collection today, wasn't the best box. All the promos in all the boxes they had were very faded, like they didn't use the right amount of ink. Not the best pulls either so wasn't really worth the money, oh well.

I kind of hate the fact Pokémon releases all these special cards in English in 50-70 dollar boxes with old inventory they are trying to get rid of. Plus the poor quality prints of the cards. The price is definitely in the number of packs.

I mean the Mewtwo and Mew full art reprints they released awhile ago were very well made. And the box had a lot of stuff to match the price.

Hopefully the full art trainers get better treatment and prints.

I've only gotten the Zygarde EX (I'm rebuilding the deck) and mine looks great, I wonder if yours are just from a defective batch? Contact TPCI if they seem that way and ask for replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back