• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: Implementing the Battle Tower/Frontier into Firered.

Nurse Barbra

Sunday + Rain = Craptaciluar.
Years
Title says it all. The first im going to be working on is the battle tower.
A few people have tried this in the past but have had no luck because of the special commands such as "Special 0xE1" and just say its impossible. But NOTHING is impossible and with that it ends my speech.
I will update this frequently with any new info i find.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE 1:
I started by copying and pasting the original script from emerald's battle tower into Jpan's hacked engine.
I got the following multi choice result:

Old Amber (yes) --------------------------> Helix Fossil (lvl50) (goes to a black screen)
Exit (This leads to a missingno. battle)|->Old Amber (lvl100) (goes to a black screen)

After checking through some variables, it can easily be solved with the multichoice script in Jpan's engine.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
Well step one would probably be just the simple idea of copying of the hex idea from emerald and pasting it into firered. Then if that doesn't work (which it probably won't) you just have to script the entire thing or asm it all.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
Well I'm sure it might be possible to implement one. Just make a gym kinda area, then script everyone, and make the scripts where you can rebattle them when you enter again. Though you would have to prevent leveling up, items, allow rental Pokemon... all that would probably be hard to script, and you'd have to do it with asm since it would be hard for anyone to script.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Hey Barbara, it's me White from PHO. anyway, I think a Battle Frontier would be impossible without ASM, but Trainer Tower isn't that off from Battle Tower.

Nurse Barbra

Sunday + Rain = Craptaciluar.
Years
well i figured out the battle tower.

It would need ALOT of variables, the specials from the trainer tower and some fancy scripting.
The script itself needs to be assembled but ill do that on a later date.

Back