• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gigalith versus [Excadrill]

Who do you pick?

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
6G8J7.png

blue

gucci
Years
Although both are great Offensively & Defensively, I prefer Gigalith. For one I've used Gigalith in White and it helped me out alot with it's high Attack & Defense, Excadrill I'm going to be using in Black as I've heard great things about it too but my vote is for Gigalith.

Years
Excadrill all the way, has good typing, awesome attacks, good Speed and Attack stats, excellent abilities and not to mention Iris (one of my fave Best Wishes anime characters) has one herself that's totally badass!

Yeah, I'm on Team Excadrill. Sorry Gigalith fans, but pure Rock-types with pitiful Speed just don't make it onto my team.

Excadrill is so badass awesome it got banned to the Uber tier, giving itself a rival in Garchomp. Coupled with Sand Rush, a beneficial nature and a sandstorm user, you have one heavy hitter.

Vsjester13

Former battler
Years
I can't help but say that my vote goes for Gigalith i always liked slow Pokemon and it's awesome design wise and compared to Excadrill at least it can live after a Ground type move (AKA Earthquake) so yeah my vote goes to Gigalith (and the fact that it's like the Geodude line makes me like it even more).

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
WHY ARE PEOPLE VOTING FOR THE FUGLY FUGMONSTER THAT IS GIGALITH!?

Excadrill is one of the best Pokemon to come out of Unova for so many reasons: look at how cool and stylish and funky it is; look at its awesome typing and cool moveset; look at its amazing Attack and HP stats; and don't you just want to pet it slightly? If you tried to pet Gigalith, you'd probably need a tetanus shot afterwards... yeesh!

Mentalii

Back
Years
Wow, I prefer Excadrill, and by far. I don't especially like it, but I appreciate its double type. And, we needed another mole Pokémon.
Concerning Gigalith, it's just one of the many awful-looking Pokémon of the 5G, it and its pre-evolution. Seriously, a gemstone Pokémon, it was a good idea, but Gigalith only looks like a monster drawn by a kid (anyway I though of that when I saw it the first time). And, we have way better rock-type Pokémons... Even if Excadrill isn't especially strong, it's double-type is almost undivided.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Excadrill all the way. Its design is cool, and it has a high base 135 Attack, despite being only 2 feet tall. It can also sweep through most teams in Sandstorm thanks to Sand Rush.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
While Gigalith has by far the cooler shiny sprite, I went with Excadrill. When I look at it and think of its power, I just think how cool it is. I tried to use Gigalith competitively once and it just dragged me downnnn. D;

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
Excadrill just positively destroys. I don't know what else to say about him other than that. There's not a single offensive based requirement that he does not excel in.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Y'all are crazy, Excadrill can easily defeat Boldore and is much more powerful :3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This is a question? Excadrill all the way. Much stronger, faster, and just...a better Pokemon to use, imo. I think it looks better too.

Years
I don't care about stats. Gigalith actually looks cool and reasonable as a Pokemon. Granted, it's a rock but a -sentient- rock. It still work as a rock with that design. Excadrill...has a spike extending from it's head...why...just why...

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
I've never used either, but I prefer Excadrill in terms of stats, design (though I think Gigalith's is also pretty cool) and typing.

Years
What's weird about the two subjects here was that their pre-evos were the only Shinies I ran into so far in Black.

I encountered a Shiny Boldore in Twist Mountain, but sadly ran away.

I did end up catching a Shiny Drilbur in Chargestone Cave. He is now an Excadrill.

So, I see Team Excadrill is currently outranking Team Gigalith. I know that Excadrill's attack diversity is much better than Gigalith.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
I love excadrill cause of its typing (steel types are the best) but this round i went with looks. Gigalith looks so hardcore just look at him! If it were a battle between the two I'm pretty sure he would lose (unless excadrill uses dig for some reason and giga goes for the eq) but judging by looks the spikes and sharp rocks goes well on him. excadrill on the other hand has random red splotches and the horns on his knees looks off. Gigalith all the way

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Excadrill. There's absolutely no contest here in my mind. It's 500billion times better in battle and looks 800% cooler. Plus it's a freaking mole omg cute. <3 Also I adore Steel types and Ground types but I love fast Pokemon so yeah, it quadruple wins. :3

Back