• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011

A brief intro about the new script help concept

I've been following the Script Help thread since it began and after months of posts the conclusion I came was only one: there needs to be stricter and better rules. I'm not saying it will be really easy at first, but it's something it needs to be done.​

Rules, what about them?

I'll post them in an unsorted order because any of them must be followed and all of them have the same importance. Of course, all forum rules apply.

General Rules

• Always search before asking: someone may have gotten the same problem before you, therefore you would get the answer in no time.
  • Whenever you need a particular script example, just decompile some similar scripts and try messing around with them.
  • If you need help, ask for it nicely and never demand it.
  • If you don't get an answer soon, just wait patiently. If someone knows the answer, you'll get it posted eventually.
  • Do not ask the same questions over and over again.
  • If you want to say thanks, do it via VM/PM instead of spamming the thread.
  • This is not a script request thread, so you have to post your scripts, clearly explaining what they're supposed to do and what happens instead.

Posting Rules

• Make sure you took a close look at the scripting tutorials before posting.
  • Always include all your scripts inside spoilers. This way people don't need to waste time scrolling the thread instead of trying to help.
  • Whenever you're posting your script, a couple of screenshoots or a video are useful to understand the problem. If you can, always use at least one of them.
  • Don't forget to include what ROM you're using. Flags and movements are different from game to game, for example.
  • While posting, always include the script type.

Available types are:
    • Person event - those scripts that get executed when you talk to someone
    • Signpost
    • Trigger - walkable, green "S" on AM
    • Level script ¹

So, for example, if someone needs help with a level script someone that doesn't know anything about them wouldn't even try helping.

• Don't forget to specify what's the script editor you are using.
  • Whenever you see someone is missing some data from his post, report it rather then giving a generic answer.
  • Avoid answering if you're not truly sure about what you're saying. Wrong answers won't help anyone: even worser, someone may really think what you said is true. It's not about discouraging people from trying to help: it's about discouraging wrong knowledge.
The code below shows you the structure to use when asking for help here. You're not forced to follow it exactly as that, as long as you include all needed information.

Code:
[span="font-family:consolas,courier new,lucida console,monospace"][PLAIN][b]Game: [/b]
[b]Type: [/b]
[b]Editor: [/b]
[b]Script: [/b]
[spoiler]Script goes here[/spoiler]
[b]Screenshots and/or videos: [/b][/PLAIN][/span]

¹ To view the full level script, do the following:

Spoiler:
Note: the rules listed above are subject to change without further notice.

Useful Links

Of course, if you're using XSE, reading the guide is a must ;)​

Change Log

This is the place where the updates to this post will be stored.

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
Years
i just wanna know how i'd go about including a a script that means i cannot open a door untill i've spoken to birch after i beat may/brenden?

i want to basically lock the door till after birch has given me the pokedex, and the character's mom has given him/her the running shoes?

[edit]would i have to put a person script on the door, but with no player icon, and make it so the person script disappears after i have said item?[/edit]

Last edited:

пзо

zzirRusty
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2010
i just wanna know how i'd go about including a a script that means i cannot open a door untill i've spoken to birch after i beat may/brenden?

i want to basically lock the door till after birch has given me the pokedex, and the character's mom has given him/her the running shoes?

[edit]would i have to put a person script on the door, but with no player icon, and make it so the person script disappears after i have said item?[/edit]

What we would do here is:

#Org @Start

Setflag 0x1000

For the battle script, you know, the battle with brendan/may.
To keep the door locked we would

#Org @Start
Checkflag 0x1000 -

This cheks if the Setflag 0x1000 is Done yet. Make sure you dont use the same flags twice..

That was the battle..
Now the Running shoes:

#Org @Start
Setflag 0x82F

Now that should activate the running shoes..

#Org @start
Checkflag 82F

That checks if you have the running shoes activated..

Now the Pokedex.

#Org @start
Setflag 0x829

That Sets the Pokedex, you now have the pokedex in your menu.

#Org @start
Checkflag 0x829

Checks if the Pokedex is activated..

So here we are.

---
Pokedex Script

#Dynamic 0xoffset

#org @start
checkflag 0x829
if 0x0 goto @hey!
if 0x1 goto @end
end

#org @hey!
lock
msgbox @icant
boxset 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @back
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @icant
= I can't go in there without\nmy pokedex

#org @back
#raw 0x00 0xFE

#org @end
release
end

---
Running shoes Script

#Dynamic 0xoffset

#org @start
checkflag 0x82F
if 0x0 goto @hey!
if 0x1 goto @end
end

#org @hey!
lock
msgbox @icant
boxset 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @back
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @icant
= I can't go in there/nwithout my running shoes.

#org @back
#raw 0x00 0xFE

#org @end
release
end

putting them together is your job. [Its sooo easy]
And I never included the Battle with May/Brendan.. that would go into too much detail.
--
You should inderstand it now, if you dont, just read a tutorial.
This is the best one in my opinion:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146174
Its called "Seth The Rom masters XSE scripting Tutorial"

Hope you Exel!
And good luck Scripting!

Years
note:i want the mum to go to you and then the text but it does the text before the movement.

Game: fire red
Script Type: person script

Script:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016

Theres a reason that this new thread was made. Its to avoid posts like this that don't provide enough information. Please use the form in the first post before you post. It'll make it easier for everyone.

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
note:i want the mum to go to you and then the text but it does the text before the movement.

Game: fire red
Script Type: applymovement script

Script:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Ok i'll put th wrong things in bold
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x900
if 0x0 goto @go
end

#org @go
lockapplymovement 0x1 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @talk'"Hey [player] how are you ? yes i kn..."
callstd 0x6
setflag 0x900
release
end

#org @move
#raw 13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 3 'Face Right
#raw FE 'End of Movements

#org @talk
= Hey [player] how are you ? yes i know\nit's cold in the dempsi region.\poh yeah pro.oak wants to see you\n about something.

That should work as you want it to and it should save bytes
also if your mums not giving you a pokemo you shouldn't use flag 828

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Ok i'll put th wrong things in bold
Spoiler:

That should work as you want it to and it should save bytes
also if your mums not giving you a pokemo you shouldn't use flag 828

Nothing is wrong there but it's always safer to use flags from 0x1000 onwards.
Also, usually flags are used to skip something that got executed already, like you can see in the script below:

Spoiler:

treecko99

The one and only
Years
I am trying out a yes/no script I found in a tutorial, but I am having some trouble. Originally it said I was missing #define or parameter tags so I added them to the places that needed them and then complied. When I tested out in the rom "Yes or No?" appeared and so did the box. When I answered the rest of the text didn't appear but I was able to walk around.

Game: Fire Red
System: XSE
Type: Yes/No Script

Script:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I am trying out a yes/no script I found in a tutorial, but I am having some trouble. Originally it said I was missing #define or parameter tags so I added them to the places that needed them and then complied. When I tested out in the rom "Yes or No?" appeared and so did the box. When I answered the rest of the text didn't appear but I was able to walk around.

Game: Fire Red
System: XSE
Type: Yes/No Script

Script:

Spoiler:
Lolwut? What are the define for? Anyway, I've optimised the script to save time. It should work now.

Spoiler:

treecko99

The one and only
Years
Lolwut? What are the define for? Anyway, I've optimised the script to save time. It should work now.

Spoiler:

Thanks for the help, but now I am back to my original problem.
It won't let me compile because "Error 13 'type mismatch' on line 8
Missing #define or parameter.
Line: compare LASTRESULT 0x1" pops up.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Thanks for the help, but now I am back to my original problem.
It won't let me compile because "Error 13 'type mismatch' on line 8
Missing #define or parameter.
Line: compare LASTRESULT 0x1" pops up.

Strange - it compiles for me...And when I test it in-game, it works perfectly too!

treecko99

The one and only
Years
Strange - it compiles for me...And when I test it in-game, it works perfectly too!

Okay I added #define to the script you gave me and now it is working. Just one problem. No matter what I pick it says I picked no.

Spoiler:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Okay I added #define to the script you gave me and now it is working. Just one problem. No matter what I pick it says I picked no.

Spoiler:

Then try compare lastresult 0x0 instead of 0x1...Initiative, much?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Try "if 0x1 goto".

:\ I'm really stuffed over this. It works perfectly on my ROM.

Hey, remember to take the start offset from the compiled script and put THAT into the person's script offset in A-Map.

treecko99

The one and only
Years
Try "if 0x1 goto".

:\ I'm really stuffed over this. It works perfectly on my ROM.

Hey, remember to take the start offset from the compiled script and put THAT into the person's script offset in A-Map.

Unfortunately that failed aswell. It just game me the same thing...with the additional messed up text.

Thanks for your help anyway. Hopefully I'll figure out what is wrong sooner or later.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014

Spoiler:

The #define before the two commands is useless, and won't do anything. It also compiled perfectly with me. :\

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I need a bit of help with a trainerbattle.
The script works fine, so does the battle but when I am in the trainer's sight, the trainer doesn't move towards me so I have to talk to him to battle.
What is wrong?

Trainer's settings in A-map

Spoiler:

Trainerbattle Script

Spoiler:

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back