• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

B/W only team for a forum tournament

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Here's a team I build yesterday, just for a simulator tournament with some friends of mine. Just keep in mind I can use only 5th Gen Pokèmon, and NO Pokès from #643 to #649 except Landorus.
I'm not very able with competitive game, I'm just giving it a try.
Rate it!

Accelgor @ Choice Specs
Nature: Timid (+Spd,-Atk)
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 240 HP/252 SpAtk/18 Spd
- Energy Ball
- Bug Buzz
- U-Turn
- Death Gambit

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Nature: Sassy (+SpDef,-Spd)
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP/60 Def/196 SpDef
- Toxic
- Ingrain
- Leech Seed
- Rest

Chandelure @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk/252 SpAtk/252 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Nitro Charge

Zoroark @ Life Orb
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Night Daze
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Nature: Adamant (+Atk,-SpAtk)
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Brick Break
- Earthquake

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly (-Spd,-SpAtk)
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Hi Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
an Accelgor lead works best with Spikes, Focus Sash, Bug Buzz, Focus Blast, (idr 4th move halp). i would use that over Specs.

Ferrothorn should not be stalling with Rest and Toxic. I would prefer the following set:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature- Iron Barbs
252 HP/ 60 Def/ 196 SDef

Stealth Rock
Leech Seed
Thunder Wave/ Gyro Ball
Power Whip

This keeps you from being complete set up bait to Taunt users, gets SR in the mix, and Leech Seed recovery support is always nice.

Sweeping with Chandelure will not work with Nitro Charge and Balloon. Try a Scarf set or a Substitute Calm Mind set.

Zoroark prefers Dark Pulse >> Night Daze for superior accuracy.

Mienshao wants Fake Out >> Acrobatics as a standard.

I'll come back if I spot anything else.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Since Mienshao is the last Pokemon in your team, it'll have to swap spots with Haxorus or else your opponent will see through Zoroark's Illusion (when Zoroark comes in masquerading as Mienshao, it will take more damage than Mienshao would (Zoroark loses 1/8 of its HP upon entering battle while SR is up; Mienshao loses 1/16 when it comes in).

And speaking of Haxorus, a super effective Brick Break does less than a neutral STAB Outrage. Dragon + Ground provide good coverage already, so replacing Brick Break with Dual Chop (to break Substitutes), Dragon Claw (for reliable STAB) or Taunt (to prevent set ups) is a good idea, IMO.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Since Mienshao is the last Pokemon in your team, it'll have to swap spots with Haxorus or else your opponent will see through Zoroark's Illusion (when Zoroark comes in masquerading as Mienshao, it will take more damage than Mienshao would (Zoroark loses 1/8 of its HP upon entering battle while SR is up; Mienshao loses 1/16 when it comes in).

And speaking of Haxorus, a super effective Brick Break does less than a neutral STAB Outrage. Dragon + Ground provide good coverage already, so replacing Brick Break with Dual Chop (to break Substitutes), Dragon Claw (for reliable STAB) or Taunt (to prevent set ups) is a good idea, IMO.

Brick Break is actually useful to hit Ferrothorn, but if you feel that your team is ok with beating it then go ahead and go with above suggestions.

Back