• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My attempt at a team

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
So, I have made a team that I am thinking is decent. :3 I am by no means a hardcore pokemon trainer. I JUST got into natures and breeding for certain moves with Pokemon White (I am not wanting to get into the EV and IV and HPV and HIV or whatever that stuff is...). :3 So anyway, I would like to hear some opinions on what I have brought together as my team. :3

Swampert
Quiet nature (+Special Attack, -Speed)
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
-Hydro Pump
-Hydro Cannon (Thinking of replacing with Surf)

Metagross
Adamant nature (+Attack, -Special Attack)
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbutt
-Magnet Rise

Salamence
Mild nature (+Special Attack, -Defense)
-Hydro Pump
-Flamethrower (Thinking of Fire Blast)
-Outrage
-Fly

Blaziken
-Stone Edge
-Sky Uppercut
-Flare Blitz
-Shadow Claw (Basically have for dealing with Psychics but it is not that good, so thinking of changing to Blaze Kick)

Torterra
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake
-Leech Seed
-Crunch

Dusknoir
-Thunder Punch
-Shadow Punch
-Pain Split
-Giga Impact

So what does everyone think? I have not thought about items that much, most likely just going to go with the item that boosts their STAB moves. :3
Looking forward to getting some input, to see if I should change my team or not lol.

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
So, I have made a team that I am thinking is decent. :3 I am by no means a hardcore pokemon trainer. I JUST got into natures and breeding for certain moves with Pokemon White (I am not wanting to get into the EV and IV and HPV and HIV or whatever that stuff is...). :3 So anyway, I would like to hear some opinions on what I have brought together as my team. :3

Swampert
Quiet nature (+Special Attack, -Speed) (Adamant) Nature
-Ice Beam (Stone Edge/Avalanche)
-Earthquake
-Hydro Pump (Waterfall)
-Hydro Cannon (Thinking of replacing with Surf) (HammerArm)

Metagross
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash (Maybe switch for Bullet Punch)
-Zen Headbutt
-Magnet Rise (ThunderPunch/IcePunch) Magnet Rise is probably not needed due to his massive defense protecting him from a EQ OHKO.

Salamence
Mild nature (+Special Attack, -Defense) Adamant (Attack higher than Sp. Attack but i guess he can go either way)
-Hydro Pump (Waterfall)
-Flamethrower (Fire Fang)
-Outrage (Dragon Claw)
-Fly (Aerial Ace)

For the above set, i suggest trying to get Dragon Dance, switching it in for Aerial ace or Waterfall.

Blaziken
Adamant nature (+Attack, -Special Attack) This is a tough one. Due to his lack of special moves, i'd make him a mixed sweeper (He can go either way, but your whole team is Physical so i'd lean towards Special with his one, plus most weaknesses to blaziken are physically defenseive (Steel/Rock)
-Stone Edge
-Sky Uppercut (Focus Blast)
-Flare Blitz (Flamethrower/Fire Blast)
-Shadow Claw (Basically have for dealing with Psychics but it is not that good, so thinking of changing to Blaze Kick) (Keep Shadow Claw)

Torterra
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake
-Leech Seed (Curse)
-Crunch

Dusknoir
Adamant nature (+Attack, -Special Attack) Sassy (+ Sp.Def, - Sp.Atk)
-Thunder Punch/Ice Punch/Fire Punch
-Shadow Punch
-Pain Split
-Giga Impact (Payback - Gets STAB and with 45 speed, power is shifted up to 100 (150 after STAB))

So what does everyone think? I have not thought about items that much, most likely just going to go with the item that boosts their STAB moves. :3
Looking forward to getting some input, to see if I should change my team or not lol.

I'm no expert either, however i enjoy doing this, so will post above in red how i would use this team ;)

Again, this is all just my opinion, if you don't like something i've done, don't use it, it's your team so use what works best for you, the above is just what i would do, given those 6 pokemon :D

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
I'm no expert either, however i enjoy doing this, so will post above in red how i would use this team ;)

Again, this is all just my opinion, if you don't like something i've done, don't use it, it's your team so use what works best for you, the above is just what i would do, given those 6 pokemon :D

I liked your ideas and I really appreciate the feedback here. :D I just have a few questions.

DannyPokeFan said:
Metagross
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash (Maybe switch for Bullet Punch)
-Zen Headbutt
-Magnet Rise (ThunderPunch/IcePunch) Magnet Rise is probably not needed due to his massive defense protecting him from a EQ OHKO.

Now, I do not understand why you would replace Meteor Mash with Bullet Punch... Meteor Mash has an attack of 100 and a 20% chance of increasing Metagross' attack. Bullet Punch is 40... If there is something I am missing, please feel free to fill me in. :O As for having Magnet Rise... I do not like having it, but my Metagross is constantly getting killed by Earthquake from the fighting Elite Four Pokemon.... thus, I chose Magnet Rise. It allows for him to survive to kill them all with Zen Headbutt. I would love to have Ice or Thunder Punch or even Giga Impact, but I cannot afford to lose Magnet Rise for now. :3

DannyPokeFan said:
Dusknoir
Adamant nature (+Attack, -Special Attack) Sassy (+ Sp.Def, - Sp.Atk)
-Thunder Punch/Ice Punch/Fire Punch
-Shadow Punch
-Pain Split
-Giga Impact (Payback - Gets STAB and with 45 speed, power is shifted up to 100 (150 after STAB))

-Now I like what you did with Dusknoir with the special defense boost instead of attack boost, I may breed one that way..
-Payback is not a STAB move for Dusknior, Payback is a Dark move and Dusknoir is a Ghost.
-I chose Giga Impact because I just loved it haha. xP

I love the feedback and I encourage more, even negative, I am not sensitive at all. I would like any and all feedback so I can make my team better. <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
I liked your ideas and I really appreciate the feedback here. :D I just have a few questions.

Now, I do not understand why you would get rid of Bullet Punch... Meteor Mash has an attack of 100 and a 20% chance of increasing Metagross' attack. Bullet Punch is 40... If there is something I am missing, please feel free to fill me in. :O As for having Magnet Rise... I do not like having it, but my Metagross is constantly getting killed by Earthquake from the fighting Elite Four Pokemon.... thus, I chose Magnet Rise. It allows for him to survive to kill them all with Zen Headbutt. I would love to have Ice or Thunder Punch or even Giga Impact, but I cannot afford to lose Magnet Rise for now. :3

-Now I like what you did with Dusknoir with the special defense boost instead of attack boost, I may breed one that way..
-Payback is not a STAB move for Dusknior, Payback is a Dark move and Dusknoir is a Ghost.
-I chose Giga Impact because I just loved it haha. xP

I love the feedback and I encourage more, even negative, I am not sensitive at all. I would like any and all feedback so I can make my team better. <3

Apologies, i read meteor mash wrong, read it as lowering your attack. I guess stick with that then. Unless you feel you are being outsped alot as bullet punch is a guaranteed first hit.

Apologies for the payback mistake, Dusknoir seems the likely type to be Dark xD

Think that's it really from me, i'm sure the others on the forum will be able to help you out better than i have done.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
So... 230 views and nobody has anything to say? :3 I am really looking for some feedback here people. Feel free to discuss anything, the moves they have, the natures, or even if replacing one of them with a different pokemon.

CloudNine

Banned
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 23, 2014
Make Swampert your Tank and starting pokemon // Adamant // 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def
Waterfall
Earthquake
Ice Punch/ Avalanche
Stealth Rock/Toxic

I'd consider making Metagross a Agility Move set, it's effective in most battles.
Jolly // 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Agility
Meteor Mash
Earthquake/Bullet Punch
Thunder Punch/Zen Headbutt

As for Salamence, I would consider a Physical Atk build. Or replacing him with a SP.A pokemon

I'd make Blaziken you're ace, with a Sword Dance build
Adamant // 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Sword Dance
Hi Jump Kick
Protect
Flare Blitz

For Torterra I would make him a Rock Polish or Choice Band build.
Adamant/Jolly // 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Rock Polish / Toxic
Wood Hammer
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Dusknoir should be you're other tank or switch a roo pokemon
Careful // 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
WhilOWhisp
Pain Split
Shadow Sneak
Substitute/Rock Slide

That's about it

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2012
Making suggestions, dunno evs.
(not an expert)
Well, Hi-jumpkick is great on blazi (my prefrence) (heart scale blaziken and you can learn it)

I like leech seed on torterra, but curse is fine.

Salamence is random in my opinion, I'd switch it with spa hydriegon timid with draco meteor/ dragpulse, Focus blast, Flamethrower, Darkpulse (or if cant get darkpulse) surf.
Haxorus with adamant, dragdance, dragclaw, swordsdance and outrage.
(these are guesses you can switch salamence and want spatk/atk dragon)

The rest is fine, but the top comments are probably better :/

Back