• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Compared to Kanto and Johto, Hoenn is upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2015
Hello, I was thinking about a Pokemon hack that would span over the Hoenn, Johto and Kanto regions. However, when I began too look into this, I realized something kind of interesting.

archives.bulbagarden. net/media/upload/b/b0/Pokemon-to-real-world.png
In this image, you can see that Kanto and Johto both span over the regions of Honshu in our equivalent of Japan, while Hokkaido represents the Sinnoh region. However, when I looked at the map of Hoenn in game, I noticed that it does not match up with Kyushu.

fc01.deviantart. net/fs70/i/2011/218/1/3/hoenn_map_by_cow41087-d45o971.jpg

In the top-most map, you can clearly see that the Kyushu islands has two that are close to the mainland near the north side. The mainland on the south side is much wider, and has small islands on the west of it. This is the opposite on the Hoenn map. Thus, Hoenn is entirely upside-down!

So basically, I found out that in order to make my map and use the map of Japan as a base, I now have to flip the entire Hoenn region! What a pain.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2015
WHOOPS I meant 180 degrees.

And I am sorry, I did not understand what you mean. What's "it"?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
While that's neat, I don't see much discussion coming out of this nor does it really have anything to do with Pokemon games in particular. Normally I'd point you towards Art and Design for this, but I don't think it'd quite go there. You could ask Alexial357 just to make sure though. :)

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back