• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Regeneration! UU style.

Giratina'sGuardian

Competitive Battler
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2014
Since the release of Black 2 and White 2 in Japan, lots of new threats have awoken into the pokemon metagame. The arrival of the new move tutors have given most pokemon like conkeldurr, salamence and many others new moves and moves that were lost since 4th gen. We've also seen the new Dream world abilities being released on many pokemon. Out of them all however, i noticed lots of bulky pokemon got regenerator. For those of you who are not familiar with this ability a pokemon that is withdrawn from battle gains back 33% of their health. So an idea came to mind! Why not make a regenerator team in UU? So here's the team

Alomomola (F)
@Leftovers
Regenerator (of course)
Impish nature (+def -sp.atk)
252 hp, 252 def 4 sp.def
-wish
-protect
-waterfall/scald
-toxic

This thing is very bulky and le hp is reached to the 500's. With wish support, it is pretty much the cleric of this team to help out my sweepers. It's basically an NU blissey.

Amoonguss (M)
@black sludge
Regenerator (:3)
Calm nature (+sp.def -atk)
252 hp 40 def 216 sp.def

-Stun spore
-spore
-Giga drain
-Clear smog

This set utilizes the double status moves stun spore and spore. Stun spore to cripple fast or scarfed pokes that can threaten the team. Aka Darmanitan, zapdos and other fast uu pokemon. Spore does the same, shutting down a pokemon and forcing your opponent to use sleep fodder. With its incredible HP stat like it's partner above, amoonguss works well for tanking hits and using status to cripple opponents.

Slowbro (M)
Bold nature (+def -atk)
252 hp 252 def 4 sp.def/sp.atk
Regenerator

-scald
-flamethrower
-psychic/toxic
-slack off

Another fantastic wall in UU. Slowbro is a great pokemon for tanking hits as usual. The ev's are set for max bulk for it to tank hits and to stall out it's opponents PP. Slack off is the best option for it to get health back along with its regenerator.

That's my UU stall core. Please leave a comment below on what team mates would go great with this. Also i'd enjoy hearing your feedback on this. Thanks for reading :)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
There's only 3 Pokemon...? To battle competitively you need 6, lol. :(

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Unfortunately this being a defensive core I can only give limited help but there a few things you can consider. Of course since you have 3 more members you can decide to use them to help check these threats rather then this core.

Standard CBHera (Adamant 252/252) can rip this core to shreds especially since 2/3 of your walls carry Toxic making it even more powerful.

No Guts boost Megahorn vs.
Slowbro - 574 Atk vs 348 Def & 394 HP (120 Base Power): 426 - 504 (108.12% - 127.92%) OHKO, no rocks needed.
Amoonguss - 574 Atk vs 186 Def & 432 HP (120 Base Power): 399 - 469 (92.36% - 108.56%), OHKO with rocks, ~50% without.
Alomomola - 574 Atk vs 284 Def & 534 HP (120 Base Power): 261 - 307 (48.88% - 57.49%), 2HKO always (well 98% of the time).

Alomomola is the only one of your walls which can survive two hits and factor in SR, prior damage, Hera getting a Guts boost beforehand or even losing your Alomomola beforehand. 1-on-1 you can PP stall it but any player with a brain will switch out.

So for one of your other three members I wholeheartedly recommend Chandulure. Why? Simple, it's a pretty effective check to Heracross as it's immune to CC, Megahorn does nothing to it, it can stay in on Pursuit (takes like 60% iirc) and can easily KO back with Fire Blast, Stone Edge is an issue however most CBHera users dislike locking themselves into it as it misses half the time and plenty of things can setup on it. There's little most teams can do against a well-played CBHera tbh, you'll just have to predict well.

Chandulure @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
EV's: 48 HP / 208 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Trait: Flash Fire
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Substitute
Very handy, it can switch in on fire attacks aimed at Amoonguss and it's Water weak is covered by Slowbro and Alomomola. Also gives you a nice WFG formation going.

Standard LO Zapdos (very common) will also cause this core a lot of problems, Slowbro and Alonomola die instantly to Thunderbolt, Amoonguss takes a hefty amount from Heat Wave.

To be honest I'm not seeing Alonomola's place here, it's not fitting in well. Slowbro walls better then it and two bulky waters is iffy. If you opt for Chandulure I suggest Umberon > Alonomola. More bulky and still wish passes while providing resistances to Ghost attacks which Chandulure and Slowbro can use.

Umberon @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Trait: Synchronize
- Wish
- Protect / Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Payback

Since this looks to be a stall team you want the other two members to have hazards and whatnot but I've leave that up to you.

Good luck.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
For a hazard user, you can use Bronzong to set up Stealth Rock, even though said Pokemon is weak to Fire, like Amoonguss. As Pokedra said earlier, you have Chandelure to cover for Amoonguss:
-Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake
-Toxic
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Levitate

Giratina'sGuardian

Competitive Battler
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2014
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. And yeah i just realised after making the core that heracross can tear this core apart.

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
Years
Nice team, your a bit scizor weak so I suggest that you use heatran. Have Fun!

Except that this is UU and they are OU pokemon! Also i couldn't help but notice that a +2 Weavile could damage your team quite badly, even Chandelure getting hit by Night slash, and the only thing that could Survive hits from it would be Alomomola, i sugest getting a fighting type like Hitmontop or Machamp, even Mienshou is good since it got demoted to UU

Years
do something about raikou+roserade teams since raikou can 2hko everything with hazard support roserade outspeeds and sleeps the entire team to lay the hazards

Back