• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New building in Hau'oli City?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
6a5b2eecgy1fio0boq11ij20cg070js5.png

This building was leaked in a private trailer from the official Japanese Pokemon YouTube channel, and it appears to take the place of the empty construction lot that was present in Hau'oli City in the original games. What do you think this could be?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
Oh my... it's happening.

I wanna say something like Pokestar Studios, but I can't even remember what those buildings look like. It don't look like a Gym, so I wonder what it could be.

Years
It seems to look legit, considering it is from the official Japanese Pokemon YouTube channel. There's also the fact it now takes up an empty space that was there in S/M, so maybe we are going down a B2/W2-esque route after all.

HeroLinik

Years
I am calling fake. I don't believe in this for a second. Anyone could of made that.

35d2a8014c086e064cbe3d9e08087bf40bd1cb98.png

The official Japanese Pokemon channel's latest video seems to be about this new building, but the fact that it wasn't set to private means that it was able to be leaked everywhere. It's apparent that it'll be publicly released tonight, given that both Worlds starts, and they'll reveal info about it like they usually do (like with Crabrawler last year), and Game Informer did mention that a new feature for US/UM will be mentioned today. Perhaps the two events are connected somehow.

Years

The official Japanese Pokemon channel's latest video seems to be about this new building, but the fact that it wasn't set to private means that it was able to be leaked everywhere. It's apparent that it'll be publicly released tonight, given that both Worlds starts, and they'll reveal info about it like they usually do (like with Crabrawler last year), and Game Informer did mention that a new feature for US/UM will be mentioned today. Perhaps the two events are connected somehow.

I think you're definitely right, considering it is World Championships weekend and it's usually been typical of a new trailer to drop around that time. I have a feeling this new facility may be what will be covered.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
This facility doesnt seem to be so intruiging for me. Seems something like Pokemon studios etc.. I was hoping for the gyms to replace the free spots but oh well=[

blue

gucci
Years
Oh wow, this is interesting! I presume this is in the location that was previously empty in SM, and considering it doesn't look anything like a Gym I'm guessing it could be some sort of Festival/Studio type of thing.

Edit: It looks like it could be a photography building for the Poké Finder

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
I was hoping those spots would be filled with gyms, but at least the new building looks interesting. There is a sign out in the front of it, so maybe its selling something?

HeroLinik

Years

The trailer featuring the mystery building has been released. No details have been provided about the building, but there are some certain new things to watch out for, like that mysterious rift above Poni Island and Lycanroc-Dusk (as a Rockruff) being able to walk alongside us. Thoughts?

Years
It'll be really interesting to see what this building ends up being, and if the rest of those empty spaces around Alola get the same thing.

Years
Apparently it's been revealed that the new building is for a new feature called the Alola Photo Club. It seems to function like PR Videos in X/Y, but here you take a photo of your trainer and one of your Pokemon and you can also decorate it, similar to the PR Videos.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
It's not just that city though, those other blank spaces appear to have been filled in according to the new map. (like in Konikoni and Malie city, but not Seafolk village for some reason)

It seems like it would be really lame if they were just dedicated to a photo feature though...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years

Preeetttyy sure that's Chinese, by the way. No Hiragana or Katakana that I see, and there aren't too many Japanese sentences without it. Also the top left has 中国 which means "China" (at least in Japanese it does? It's a bit confusing). Aaand the Lycanroc video screenshot doesn't match how it's spelled in Japanese: ルガルガン (たそがれのすがた), but it matches Chinese: 鬃岩狼人 (黃昏的樣子). So technically not from the OG source.

I wonder what the building will offer that the feature doesn't. But hmmm now that I think about it. Ryuki calls himself a star. Maybe he's famous in the Photo Club? Maybe the Vermillion Gym thing we saw was a set, and the building has sets you can take photos on? Sort of doubt it... but I betcha Ryuki is maybe the character used to promote this feature.

Last edited:
Back