• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Human Potential

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
This is a topic I've been interested in for quite some time, so I want to hear what you guys think about it. What is capable of a human being? What should realistically be expected of an individual? Go as deep into it as you'd like, I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I feel like if we're going to be around for another 14 days 5 billion years or whatever the number is, we could very well possibly do anything. And that really has no limits as far as I'm concerned. Sure there are physical boundaries and limits to everything, but life evolves, technology evolves. Realistically I think the potential of human beings is endless.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
What potential?
No, I'm just kidding...sort of. I don't really know how much we can accomplish at this rate. Eventually all of the negative stuff will catch up with us, hmm? If global warming and all that is real, that is.

No, I think we can accomplish quite a lot if we really try. :T

Years
As far as discovery, study and invention humans are capable of just about anything I believe and the longer our race continues the more we'll develop. Unfortunately the more we develop the less there is to build and discover. Of course with all the damage we have done to the planet and the numerous possible ways the world could end at any time running out of things to discover is probably not something we need to worry about.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I think we're capable of a lot, seeing what we've already studied and invented. Not all of it is good, for example Nuclear weapons and we could very well develop other dangerous things that could threaten the world. I think it's something people should keep in mind when they make things. We have potential yes, but it needs to be used in a responsible way.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Hum.
Physically,the human body is capable of unbelievable things,but the human mind (not brain or head) is what holds us back...Erm...that's a bit unclear...
Fire walking for example! If you or me tried it then we'd probably burn our feet our to hell and back,thus our mind tells us "No!" But as you may have seen,it certainly is possible with proper training. The best way to get past that is to realise that nothing is truly impossible,but sadly i've seen very few people who are advanced enough to understand that...

Techologically-wise we are growing at a steady rate,and as long as we don't funk up,we will most likely be driving hover cars by 2030. xD (loli'mnotserious)

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
We're slowly becoming more complex over the last million years. Our brains are a mystery though. And I heard that the brain has psychic power that's dormant though since people don't care of it anymore. And humans do have hidden power inside of them, though we can't fully utilize it, in some cases it would tear your body or spirit. Anyways in intelligence, we are quite handy in inventions and plans. Everything that was invented that we liked is made by us.

Years
Look at what we've done as a species in the 100-200 years or so. And given that out technology grows at a ridiculous exponential rate, who knows where we could be in another hundred or so. mars

Rain Dancer

Wanderer
Years
At an individual level, you can manifest as much as your mind believes. There are no limits if you believe so.

Especially of you get far enough -consciousness wise- to lift the veil, activate your multidimensional abilities and pretty much pursue whatever experiences you came here for.

Now as a bunch, it's quite different. The normal slow evolution, but it seems it's speeding up in the last hundred years. Who knows what we'll be experiencing in say 10, 50 or a hundred years of you last.

Back