• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon's 15th Anniversary!

Babebraham

Just being here is good enough.
Years
Today Marks the 15th Anniversary of Pokemon! It all started out on February 27th, 1996 when Pokemon Red and Green Came out in Japan! Now its time to celebrate it by sharing what you like about pokemon and what you think is going to happen next!

Here is a Little Picture to Celebrate:
Pokemon02.jpg

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
15th? Pokemon is 15 years old now? it came out when I was two then.. O:
Damn, that makes me feel old now..

Happy Birthday, Pokemon :P

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Dang I must be getting old, since I saw Space Jam on this morning and it was from the same year. Congrats on the 15th Anniversary pokemon here is too many more years of Pokey awesomeness.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Aww, Pokemon is 6 months younger than me :)

BW are coming out at a good time, I think the games' release is their celebration, - a change of environment.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
Happy bday Pokémon :)
I'm actually pretty surprised they didn't put up an event Pokémon or something... I know about those Global Link things but a event Pokémon would fit better :disappoin

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2012
Today's also my birthday! B&W should've come out today, for the Anniversary. It would have been a nice birthday present. XD

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Pokemon is still a minor, so I can't date it...but happy birthday, Pokemon! Thanks for sucking up 13 years of my life! <333

Years
Wow, it's honestly amazing how much prestige a game about battling monsters has received. 15 years and still going strong, not to mention bringing 200K+ people together on this forum, to celebrate it.
It honestly amazes me what a video game, albeit an addictive one has managed to do. Tajiri has certainly created a revenue-gaining monster of a franchise, just as I have created a lame pun.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
Wait, Pokemon came out in 1996? I could've sworn it came out in '95. :x
ANYWAYS, happy anniversary to Pokemon~ I find it amazing that after 15 years, Pokemon is still going, and is just as popular as it was when it began. That's nuts. O_o

Back