• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could be a Gym Leader

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
If you could be a gym leader what type would you be and why. Also what would your team be? Also if this belongs in trivia someone move it or lock this and I'll make a new one. NO LEGIONARIES ARE ALOUD!

Here's mine

Type: Grass
Why: Because grass types are my favorite. They can drain your energy, put you to sleep, poison you, reduce your speed, etc.

Team: Breloom, Whismicott, Amoonguss, Shiftry, Serperior, Ferrothorn

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Ugh, do we really have to settle for just one? Fine.

Um...probably a Psychic type gym for me. As for my team...I'd have Gallade, Metagross, Starmie, Gardevoir, Reuniclus, and Espeon.

Maybe I should have gone with Dragon or Ice...but I just like Psychic types. Mainly because most of them are special sweepers.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2013
Hi... You know i think i'd be a physic type so..

type : physic

pokemon: Espeon,slowking/bro , grumpig, reuniclus.
I'd much rather be a mixed trainer like green but we cant always have what we want * pouts*

Actually having a ghost type gym or flying might be cool.

type: ghost
pokemon: Sableye, banette,drifblim and chandelure

normal would also be cool
type: normal
Pokemon: clefable, miltank ,loppuny , audino , kecleon , smeargle ( is smeargle even allowed in gyms? )

all the types are cool *cries*

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Hmm... I'd say water, probably.

Would probably go with Vaporeon, Milotic, Kingdra, Lapras and Lanturn.

I'd swap out Lanturn for Phione, though, if it's not considered a "Legendary" (articles online and past Pokemon challenges aren't sure if it's classified as one or not lol sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't, it would appear)

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Type: Flying

Why: I could fly all over the world

Team: Gligar, Swellow, Altaria, Gliscor, Emolga, Yanmega.

Yup that's it, perfecto.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years
If I was a gym leader, I would specialize in fire-type pokemon because my favorite element is fire. The pokemon I would have on my team would be Magmar, Flareon, Arcanine, Charizard, Blaziken and Quilava.

To be honest, I've always imagined myself being a gym leader and what it would be like to kick butt with my fire team and almost never have to give away badges. There should be a pokemon game where we can play the game through a gym leader's perspective or an added ability to become a gym leader. Sounds fun, doesn't it? (:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
If I was a gym leader, I would specialize in fire-type pokemon because my favorite element is fire. The pokemon I would have on my team would be Magmar, Flareon, Arcanine, Charizard, Blaziken and Quilava.

To be honest, I've always imagined myself being a gym leader and what it would be like to kick butt with my fire team and almost never have to give away badges. There should be a pokemon game where we can play the game through a gym leader's perspective or an added ability to become a gym leader. Sounds fun, doesn't it? (:

-Off-Topic-

Hmm... Working off that, your Pokemon would never level, and all players would have about the same-level Pokemon throughout the game. If you're defeated 10 times, you forfeit your Gym Leader title and lose the game. That sounds like fun lol

-On Topic-

It's not mandatory to have six Pokemon, y'know. How many gyms actually have a full roster :P

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I would be a Flying Type gym leader. For me they are by far the most diverse type of Pokemon with interesting type combinations. Plus I have the added bonus of quickly getting to destinations, by simply flying on my Pokemon's back. My team would consist of Altaria, Yanmega, Aerodactyl, Togekiss and Skarmory, which is a good mix of some of my favourite Pokemon and strong attackers!

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Signature Type
Water

Badge Name
Flood Badge

Prize TM
Hydro Pump

Pokémon
1. Krabby

2. Starmie

3. Sharpedo

Lugia's Shadow

Guardian of the Sea
Years
I would either be a Dark or Psychic-type gym leader :P

Dark Pokemon: Umbreon, Bisharp, Spiritomb, Weavile, Honchkrow, Scrafty (setup and amount of pokemon on team varies with starters/amount of pokemon on-hand with challenger).
Psychic: Alakazam, Espeon, Bronzong, Mr. Mime, Xatu.

Badge: Shadow Badge, or the Telekinesis Badge.

Prize TM: Dark Pulse (or Psyshock).

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Okay, although I love Water types like crazy, I think I won't be "cut out" for Water type Gyms.

So I'll be Ground type gym leader. Iz cool, no?

I'd think I'll hold the uhmmmmmm... Dirt Badge?

My Pokémon:

Swampert
Torterra
Camerupt
Rhyperior
Garchomp
Krookodile

Yep, U R finished.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd be Flying because you can have such a diverse team, it'd be way more fun than other types! Also being able to have them fly you around is a nice bonus haha. My team, hmm... The teams usually have staggered levels of one strongest, two slightly weaker and three slightly weaker than that, so here's my team!

Strongest: Yanmega
Middle: Gliscor & Pidgeot
Weakest: Dragonite, Gyarados & Skarmory

Yanmega is infront due to being both my favourite Flying type to use, and the Flying type that normally does best for me in competitive battles. Gliscor and Pidgeot are next; Gliscor because his method of flying is very admirable compared to Pokémon who can do it naturally and Pidgeot because that family means a lot to me. The three weakest are really just the Flying Pokémon staples that you'd expect on any Flying team to make it worthy of being a gym team, plus Gyarados and Skarmory are kinda cute and Dragonite's blubber makes him huggable!

My TM prize would be Roost due to being an incredibly useful, arguably the most useful, Flying type move, and my badge will be the Bird Badge. (That will have meaning, trust me!)

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2013
Hmm... I'll be Dragon. Because it's my favorite type. They have INTENSE amount of Attack stat.
My team will be:
altaria, dragonite, salamence, haxorus, kingdra. they all have fire-type moves excpt for Kingdra.

TM is Dragon Claw and Player gets Epic Badge . (cant think of something else.)

Years
I would go for a fire or ice-gym. ^^
Because they are my 2 favourite types.

In the fire gym my pokémon would be:
1st: Magcargo
2nd: Volcarona
3rd: Charizard
4th: Houndoom
Lava Badge

In the ice gym my pokémon would be:
1st: Glalie
2nd: Lapras
3rd: Cryogonal
4th: Abomasnow
Snow Badge

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Do I really have to do this again...Of course I am. I have posted this on another thread, but I'll post it here too because I love to talk about it.

Leader Data:

Full Name: Mithel "Mythology" Celestia
Title: "Starstruck Deceiver"
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Region: Unova
Trainer class: Gym Leader, Deceiver*
Leader of: Black City Gym
Badge: Eclipse Badge
Specializes in: Dark Types
Give out: TM66 (Embargo)

Gym Info: 8th Gym
Inside the Black City Gym are several dark rooms with an illusion labyrinth generated by the Gym's Trainers. To proceed through the Gym, you must defeat the Deciever responsible for the labyrinth, which will cause the labyrinth to disappear, revealing the door to the next room. The Gym Leader is located in the last room.

Trainers inside: Psychics, Deceivers*

*Deciever (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a Psychic capable of creating Illusions through psychokinesis. They tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers. They specialize in using the Zoroark's evolutionary relatives and Fire Types.

Initial Team:

Mightyena M Lvl: 52
Quick Feet; No Item
Moveset:
Dig, Embargo, Sucker Punch, Taunt

Umbreon M Lvl: 54
Synchronize; No Item
Moveset:
Embargo, Payback, Moonlight, Psychic

Absol M Lvl: 52
Super Luck; No Item
Moveset:
Embargo, Psycho Cut, Sucker Punch, Night Slash

Zweilous M Lvl: 55
Hustle; Sitrus Berry
Moveset:
Embargo, Crunch, Dragon Pulse, Work Up

Rematch Battle:

Mightyena M Lvl: 67
Intimidate; Toxic Orb
Moveset:
Facade, Sucker Punch, Dig, Protect

Houndoom M Lvl: 68
Flash Fire; Passho Berry
Moveset:
Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Dark Pulse, Fire Blast

Umbreon M Lvl: 68
Synchronize; Leftovers
Moveset:
Embargo, Curse, Payback, Moonlight

Zoroark M Lvl: 69
Illusion; King's Rock
Moveset:
Dark Pulse, Extrasensory, Flamethrower, Grass Knot

Absol M Lvl: 69
Super Luck; Razor Claw
Moveset:
Perish Song, Stone Edge, Psycho Cut, Night Slash

Hydreigon M Lvl: 71
Levitate; White Herb
Moveset:
Draco Meteor, Psych Up, Dark Pulse, Fire Blast

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
Do I really have to do this again...Of course I am. I have posted this on another thread, but I'll post it here too because I love to talk about it.

Leader Data:

Full Name: Mithel "Mythology" Celestia
Title: "Starstruck Deceiver"
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Region: Unova
Trainer class: Gym Leader, Deceiver*
Leader of: Black City Gym
Badge: Eclipse Badge
Specializes in: Dark Types
Give out: TM66 (Embargo)

Gym Info: 8th Gym
Inside the Black City Gym are several dark rooms with an illusion labyrinth generated by the Gym's Trainers. To proceed through the Gym, you must defeat the Deciever responsible for the labyrinth, which will cause the labyrinth to disappear, revealing the door to the next room. The Gym Leader is located in the last room.

Trainers inside: Psychics, Deceivers*

*Deciever (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a Psychic capable of creating Illusions through psychokinesis. They tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers. They specialize in using the Zoroark's evolutionary relatives and Fire Types.

Initial Team:

Mightyena M Lvl: 52
Quick Feet; No Item
Moveset:
Dig, Embargo, Sucker Punch, Taunt

Umbreon M Lvl: 54
Synchronize; No Item
Moveset:
Embargo, Payback, Moonlight, Psychic

Absol M Lvl: 52
Super Luck; No Item
Moveset:
Embargo, Psycho Cut, Sucker Punch, Night Slash

Zweilous M Lvl: 55
Hustle; Sitrus Berry
Moveset:
Embargo, Crunch, Dragon Pulse, Work Up

Rematch Battle:

Mightyena M Lvl: 67
Intimidate; Toxic Orb
Moveset:
Facade, Sucker Punch, Dig, Protect

Houndoom M Lvl: 68
Flash Fire; Passho Berry
Moveset:
Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Dark Pulse, Fire Blast

Umbreon M Lvl: 68
Synchronize; Leftovers
Moveset:
Embargo, Curse, Payback, Moonlight

Zoroark M Lvl: 69
Illusion; King's Rock
Moveset:
Dark Pulse, Extrasensory, Flamethrower, Grass Knot

Absol M Lvl: 69
Super Luck; Razor Claw
Moveset:
Perish Song, Stone Edge, Psycho Cut, Night Slash

Hydreigon M Lvl: 71
Levitate; White Herb
Moveset:
Draco Meteor, Psych Up, Dark Pulse, Fire Blast

good god that's long. Wow looks like you were prepared.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Definately a Dragon- Type Gym.

Leader Data:

Name: Rorey
Region: Johto
Leader of: Blackthorn City Gym
Badge: Rising Badge
Specializes in: Dragon Types
Give out: TM 02 (Dragon Claw)

Origin

After spending what seemed like ages training in the Dragon's Den, Clair emerges feeling as cocky as ever. Looking to show the progress she made, she issues an open challenge to any of the Ace Trainers at the Blackthorn Gym. Upon seeing the reluctance of her Gym's trainers to accept the challenge, she adds a little extra incentive; she risks her status as the Blackthorn City Gym Leader. Whosoever accepts this challenge and manages to succeed will gain the stewardship of Blackthorn City's Pokemon Gym. Clair takes the time to scan the room for any willing challengers. Just when it seemed that no one was willing to answer the call, one young Ace Trainer stepped up to the challenge; His name was Rorey. Under the tutelage of Lance (the Dragon Master himself), Rorey learned the ways of a Dragon Trainer and took up residency in Johto's Dragon Gym (on the advice of Lance) to perfect his craft. A thrilling battle ensued. Both trainers and their Pokemon fought valiantly until only Clair's Kingdra and Rorey's Dragonite remained. Clair, as confident as ever, believed in the strength of her Kingdra's Dragon Pulse attack. Without hesitation, Kingdra unleashed a mighty blast which would spell the end for any other Pokemon, but Dragonite, as resilient as ever, managed to hold on. For the entire match, Dragonite had been waltzing around the battlefield, taking big massive hits, leading its enemy into believing it was playing around. However, it was building up its power with three consecutive Dragon Dances and it was ready to strike back. In response to Kingdra's attack, Dragonite unleashed the most devastating Outrage to ever be witnessed. The massive flash of light faded from sight, the dust cleared and only one thing was left standing. In all its glory, a battered Dragonite stood triumphantly over its defeated foe. In shock of her loss, Clair refused to give Rorey his well earned prize. She was in disbelief; all of the pomp and confidence that she once had just vanished. As fate would have it, Lance (the legendary Dragon Master), was in Blackthorn City on official League business and had witnessed this awesome match from afar. Through his consolation and advice, Clair came to terms with her loss and kept true to her word. Johto now had a phenomenal new force to be reckoned with.

Gym Info:
8th Gym

The only feature to be kept from Clair's tenure was the Lava Pit. Challenging trainers would have to clear the Dragon's Path in order to get to the leader. They are required to fight a total of six Gym Trainers (each with 3 Pokemon) and answer a total of quiz questions each should they manage to beat the trainers. If a challenging trainer gets a quiz question wrong, he/ she will be ejected from the Gym at whatever point they were at on the path through trap doors leading to an underground level beneath the pit and would have to fight their way through the trainers located at this level to get their way back to the top. This process will be repeated each time a wrong answer is given. The questions would range from moderately easy to moderately challenging so it shouldn't too hard to clear the pathway.

Team
006.gif

(MALE)
Level: 44
Moves:
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Thunder Punch
Earthquake

130.gif

(MALE)
Level:

Moves:
Aqua Tail
Dragon Tail
Ice Fang
Earthquake

445.gif

(MALE)
Level:
Moves:
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Crunch
Stone Edge

373.gif

(MALE)
Level:
Moves:
Dragon Claw
Fly
Fire Fang
Crunch

149.gif

(MALE)
Level:
Moves:
Outrage
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Dragon Dance

Last edited:
Years
If I was a Gym Leader, I would want one of two options for my Gym.

Option A: A Normal type Gym Leader that's the 8th Gym of the region. My team would be Bibarel, Clefable, Smeargle, Miltank plus my signature Pokemon Blissey. For beating me I would give away TM 15 (Hyper Beam). I'd also be the Move Tutor for Softboiled after beating me in a rematch.

Option B: A Bug type Gym Leader that is one of the middle Gyms of the region (4th-6th). My team would be Shuckle, Heracross, Shedinja and my signature Butterfree. If beaten, I would give away TM 81 (X-Scissor).

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2014
I would be a Ghost type gym leader because ghost types are all about the supernatural,their my favorite type, and it shows the dark side of pokemon.
I would have a Chandelure,Golurk,Missmagius, and 3 fakemon.
I would give out the supernatural badge and TM Shadow Sneak.
My Gym is a misty,dark forest like in slender, but with a storm going on, and you only have a lantern to see.There are ghost types roaming the forest, and if they find you they'll take you to the beginning of the forest.There are 8 pages to find, telling you to go back, and run while you can.If you get a page a trainer will start following you and if they catch up to you you'll be forced into a battle with them.But if you win they will give you hints of where the other pages are located.If you find all the pages a portal will open, leading to a clearing where I'm located. I'll congratulate you on finding your way, and then the battle will commence.After the battle a portal will open up behind me, leading to the entrance of the gym. Hope you like!

Back