• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Girls - Pink / Boys - Blue ?

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
Years
What do you think of the title.. we were talking about this in school today, and I thought it might make a nice thread to talk about..

Do you think that ALL boys should be associated Blue?
And ALL Girls should be associated with Pink?

When pokemon thinks this.. With the Gender Signs.. The girl one is pink, and the boy one is blue...

Well, i think..

I personally don't mind neither colour.. I'm a boy and i like pink? Anything wrong with that? - No.

But, alot of the girls at my school HATE pink..

What do you think?

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I think the color arrangements are kinda like gender discrimination, you know? I'm male, and I like pink, I'm male, and I like blue too! =O
I think it's wrong for people to think that if your a boy you should like blue and hate pink. I bet some boys say they hate pink, but deep inside they love it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
I'm a girl and I hate pink, but I like blue. It's not really a big deal to me how the genders are associated with certain colours.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
Years
I actaully like certian shades of pink, honestly. I used to hate pink but now, I can tolerate it as long as its not eye splitting or something. XD Blue however, is one of my most favorite colors because all shades of blue are really pretty. :D

Years
I don't think you should say "this color belongs to boys and this color belongs to girls".
I'm a girl and pink is absolutely not my favorite color but I don't hate it either. Blue is my most favorite color but who cares?
I think it's naive to say "all boys which like pink are gay" or something else ._.
In my opinion boys can like pink and girls can like blue, there's no different. I mean, it's just a color!

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
It is just a way of getting the point across with colors. I personally like pink and blue. But I think everyone is different, and it's just a matter of opinion.

Haha, I wanna see pink associate with the male gender in a video game. :P

Last edited:

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
To be honest, I find some shades of pink simply blinding for the eyes, and I don't understand how some people can stand those coulors.
That said, I do like some shades of pink, but not all of them.

And no, pink isn't restricted for girls, take a walk to a Jack and Jones store and you'll be amazed by the number of pink t-shirts and belts you'll find !

You wouldn't see me wearing pink because it's not my color. And a part of me subconsciously classifies pink as girly.. I can't help it.

Tater Tot

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I love pink. ^.^ It's not my favorite color but I like it. =D

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
Years
Lool heres a funny story.. (Well not really)

I was making something in textiles (A toy) And it had.. Pink! On it. This anoying prat starts yelling "Pink puff, pink puff" Then i punch him in the face :D He starts screaming like a girl. And i say "Whos the puff now" xD So yea. Pink can be for both, and if people say "Pink puff" there just idiots :D

Tater Tot

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Lool heres a funny story.. (Well not really)

I was making something in textiles (A toy) And it had.. Pink! On it. This anoying prat starts yelling "Pink puff, pink puff" Then i punch him in the face :D He starts screaming like a girl. And i say "Whos the puff now" xD So yea. Pink can be for both, and if people say "Pink puff" there just idiots :D
I know a story kind of similar to that, one of my friends was on the playground in Elementary School, and some boy went up to her and said, "I'm a boy, so if you bit me I wouldn't cry!"
So the girl bit him, the rest is history. XD
(He cried.)

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Eh, pink isn't a bad color - I only like one shade of it and
wouldn't be seen dead wearing it, though.

Blue is one of my more favorite colors, but only when
multiple shades are mixed in each other.

So, no, obviously not: certain colors aren't tethered to
certain genders.

Years
I don't much like any enforcement of color gender stereotypes - colors are colors, they're just different wavelengths of light, and the only genders they have are the ones we assign to them. I'm female, and I've always been more of a blue person than a pink person, since I think that blues in general are far more appealing than pinks (especially hot pink...hate that color so much). If a guy likes pink, then more power to him - the way I see it, if I'm allowed to like blue, then that guy should be allowed to like pink without being teased.

(I never like any situation where a guy is teased for liking "girly things", but that's another topic altogether.)

On a related note, I found this when I decided to go looking up stuff about color stereotypes. Apparently the colors used to be switched around (and it amused me slightly whenever I discovered it):
Baby clothing, which was neutral for centuries, was branded with gender identities relatively recently, said Dr. Jo Paoletti, an associate professor in the department of textiles and consumer economics at the University of Maryland. For 300 years, American infants of both sexes were dressed alike, generally in white frocks. That changed shortly after the turn of the century, Dr. Paoletti said, when psychologists suggested that gender identification was influenced by nurture as well as nature.

Boys got trousers, girls got dresses and the sexes were color-coded. Around World War I, the boys wore pink (''a stronger, more decided'' color, the literature of the day declared), and the girls blue (''delicate, dainty''). It was only after World War II that pink and blue assumed their current identities; Dr. Paoletti was unable to explain why.

(Source)

Bolding is mine. Just something to think about, really - and this is why I hate branding a color as being for one gender or the other, as opinions can and do change.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
Although I do find pink girly, I think blue is a universal color. Actually, I can't think of any color being associated with males.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
Years
I like both colors but I don't think anyone should assume that you like a color because of your gender.

I wondered this just now...what do they do with intersex babies? Do they have purple blankets in stock or what?

Souless

What?
Years
  • Age 32
  • ???
  • Seen Nov 24, 2016
Well, since ancient times blue=boy girl=pink. Haven't you see how babies are dressed on those colors depending on their genders?

But that's only a point of view, but actually I like both colors, and also, I see a lot of girls/boys that like both pink and blue, so the likings don't depend on gender, but those colors are relationed to gender.

So, stereotypes suck xD

Gerri Shin

  
Years
Bud Luckey said:
Pink? Pink? Well, what's wrong with pink? Seems like you got a pink kink in your think
I have no problem with pink or any other color for that matter, I'm not sure why whoever they were chose to associate gorls with pink and boy with blue, perhaps it was because pink is considered a delicate color and in olden days girls were also considered delicate. it really doesn't matter what color they associate with what to me.

Back