• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your WPM?

`Brianna

Mahamagiha, my friends!
Years
Your WPM, or Words per minute. How fast you type. What's yours?

I made it at 65 wpm, yet for some odd reason, I'm still forced to take a typing class. UGH. Stupid school district.

If you don't know what yours is, look up "WPM test" in your search engine. I would link it, but I don't have enough posts for that. Sorry. :(

Years
Moved this to Technology & Internet because it's tech-oriented and such.

My WPM can get up there if I focus. I did one and hit 98. I've been writing and posting on forums for far longer than I'd like to admit. >___> If I type really fast I make too many mistakes, though. If I slow down I don't make any. But why do that when you can go at 100WPM?? :p

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Haha.

My typing speed is rather slow.

My max was 50 WPM, but my average is around 40.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Just took one and got 95 wpm. Not going to take a bunch but that seems fairly accurate.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I took this test here.

Spoiler:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I did two tests, just to compare myself. In one, I got a score of 88, and in another, I got a score of 78. This range sounds sort of right, depending on how nimble my fingers are on any given day, and the difficulty of what I'm typing. I'm quite fast at typing stuff that I'm hearing: when at university, I'd be able to transcribe about 70% of what my lecturers said, depending on their talking speed, meaning that my notes were always really full.

droomph

weeb
Years
70 initial, realistic 66.

Um right. Yeah, I don't know how I type so slow ;;

I dunno, I guess it's better than when I took half an hour to find the letter "q" when I was five.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I did two different tests and averaged 104 (got 99 and 108), which I think is about right. I do type very fast as most people on IRC will know, so I'm not too surprised at the result. It's cool seeing how varied people are with their results though.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Here are my results, from the same test that Minzy had shared earlier.

Edited, ready again
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ice Car

Banned
Years
My WPM is about 65. I don't type with all my fingers on the keyboard and my speed at typing is based off of my memory of where the keys are on the keyboard and the ability with which my fingers typically glide across the keyboard (kind of difficult to describe without saying something that sounds arrogant).

I can type without looking at the keyboard and even without a keyboard. No idea how I do it, I just learned naturally how to. The way I type is kind of complicated and a video would better demonstrate that than words. I feel inferior to everyone here but to be fair I don't even type normally.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I just took the test and got 83 despite four errors. I tend to make all kinds of mistakes while I type but quickly go back and correct them. I was a mess with those earlier today so it's not surprising that my score is a bit lower than normal. I typically go upwards of 90.

Trying again... I got 83, no errors.

Okay. That's weird xD

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
since I only use about 4 fingers and a thumb, I can only go to about 46WPM. I can't type like most of you can.

Years
It usually depends on what I'm typing that dictates my speed. Doing something like that WPM test, I got 48 WPM, just because I was reading off the screen and typing at the same time. When I'm typing something from my head, though, I'm usually able to go much faster than that.

(For example, everything above was 52 words written in ~40 seconds)

Back