• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first fanfiction: Looking for suggestions

Wawi2018

LananishWawi
Years
Hello! Wawi's up! I had been trying to publish fanfics in Facebook but I got no use and had been searching for websites to publish my ideas. At last, I found this place. So, I hope my fanfics are noticed. Without a doubt, My doubt will be based on Pokémon; No crossover, Just Pokémon.

Now, Coming to the subject, I'm here for a suggestion. Should I write a fic on anime-canon or game-canon or self-canon[OC]? I prefer Anime-canon and self-canon since I haven't played the games. If you choose anime-canon, I'd use the characters from anime but the storyline would be entirely different. So, Help me choose. I'm having a hard time to choose between the two. Don't post that it is my own choice becoz I'm posting this as I'm not able to choose!!!

Note: My fanfiction would revolve around Alola.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
Don't post that it is my own choice becoz I'm posting this as I'm not able to choose!!!
Welcome to the forum! Strictly speaking, it is your own choice, and I'd strongly recommend taking a little more time to think about what kind of story you want to write the most, but since you're so adamant on that point here's my direct answer:

Flip a coin. Like, assign "anime" to either heads or tails and flip a literal coin. If you can't decide between two equally valid choices (assuming you're ruling game-canon out because you say you haven't played the games) that will result in 100% different stories, you might as well leave it to random chance. If you still want someone else to make the final call for some reason, just say whether "anime" is heads or tails and I can flip the coin for you.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
Also hi there! Curious, have you thought about what your story is about besides revolving around Alola? If your idea has Ash and some of the other characters involved in it, then definitely anime canon. If you haven't decided on the plot or characters yet, then it's harder for us to decide which is best for your story. That's my input for now.

Wawi2018

LananishWawi
Years
Welcome to the forum! Strictly speaking, it is your own choice, and I'd strongly recommend taking a little more time to think about what kind of story you want to write the most, but since you're so adamant on that point here's my direct answer:

Flip a coin. Like, assign "anime" to either heads or tails and flip a literal coin. If you can't decide between two equally valid choices (assuming you're ruling game-canon out because you say you haven't played the games) that will result in 100% different stories, you might as well leave it to random chance. If you still want someone else to make the final call for some reason, just say whether "anime" is heads or tails and I can flip the coin for you.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll choose one of them in a matter of time. ^^ I will give my best to the upcoming fanfiction

Back