• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What antivirus do you use?

Years
So this thread died a short while ago and I thought I'd bring it back. What antivirus program do you use, if any? Are you using a free or paid version? What are your thoughts on your antivirus program?

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
I'm using this cool antivirus; Avast and it's paid. ^^
So I feel safe downloading anything and going to any website.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I use AVG free and MalwareBytes pro combined to the age an awesome duo!

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
On OS X and Android: Kaspersky.
On Windows: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO.

Both Apps are paid fair-and-square.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
I am using Microsoft security essentials. been using it for 2 years now. its free and does its job just as good as the paid ones

Years
I use a combination of Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials. I really only run Malwarebytes once in a while, though. I haven't had MWB for long, but I've been using MSE since 2011 and it's kept me clean from viruses for as long as I've been using it.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
I use Microsoft Security Essentials, which is Microsoft's official antivirus program that is completely free. It doesn't have the amount of customization as some other programs, but it does the job well and works great on Windows 7 considering they are part of the same company.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I recently switched from Avast to Malwarebytes, which was downloaded. It's great, but I haven't used it since the first time, when I had over 100 malicious objects detected. xD Thank god for malware removal!

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
When I had a computer, I used Avast! Antivirus. It was annoying as hell and I never actually got warned of a threat, it was always just Avast wanting me to update and telling me when it updates.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I use Avast and it's great. It doesn't use much in terms of system resources and it's great at detecting threats - sometimes it goes overboard, actually. It's also got a great interface and a lot of features for a free antivirus.

I used to use AVG and after one certain upgrade it started hogging system resources like crazy.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
*is stuck on Microsoft Security Essentials on his laptop while thinking of a replacement antimalware solution*

I don't really like MSE, but I have to make do with it while I think about what should run next on my laptop.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I use Avast! Antivirus, Malwarebytes Anti-malware and occasionally, I'll use Spybot: Search and Destroy (currently running a scan as I type this).

Avast! and Malwarebytes are GREAT, they have picked up the few known viruses I've had, I've got set scanning times and they are easy and fun to use...

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
On a Windows machine, really you don't need anything other than Security Essentials. Does the job perfect and is really light; most 3rd party antivirus programs are bloated and really taxing on your resources.

I don't like to leave my computer on at night so I need something that can run while I'm using it without hindering me.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Since I upgraded to Windows 8, I use Windows Defender and MalwareBytes Pro.

Back