• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English release date! Revealed!

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
American Release Date has been revealed

On October 7th, Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2 will be in stores in America.
On October 12th, Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2 will be in stores in Europe.
Australian release date has yet to be announced.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm predicting anywhere from mid September to early October. That feels about right to me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well I keep thinking it'll be early October so you have a sort of three month gap which is half of BW's waiting time.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Late September/early October IMO.

I think its possible we could get a release date at E3 sometime next week. I doubt they'll actually cover B2W2 there, but I'm sure Nintendo will make a passing mention of it and could announce the release date. Coverage for the English versions has already started on the English Pokemon website (posted some screenshots and the Unova map) so its possible we'll get a release date very soon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
We most likely won't get an official release date until its released in Japan, even if TPCi already has their copies to translate and produce.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Late September/early October IMO.

I think its possible we could get a release date at E3 sometime next week. I doubt they'll actually cover B2W2 there, but I'm sure Nintendo will make a passing mention of it and could announce the release date. Coverage for the English versions has already started on the English Pokemon website (posted some screenshots and the Unova map) so its possible we'll get a release date very soon.

Maybe but I think it might not be until the advertisements come on TV tbh. It still seems way too soon to hear of a release date when the English players know barely anything and we didn't get the Japanese one too long ago (well, like a month and a half?)

Years
I predict sometime around September.

Given that my birthday is in the following month, I want to get the games when that time comes cos I know how awesome they are!

However, the problem is that my region is usually the last of the English-speaking regions to get the new games. I just better hope my native Australia doesn't have to wait until 2013, if it's that long I'll be disappointed.

Years
The last couple of games have been released about 6 months after the Japanese release date, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them out sometime in late-November or early-December, which would also help capitalize on sales around Christmas. If it were up to me, though, I would like to see simultaneous release dates with the Japanese versions.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The last couple of games have been released about 6 months after the Japanese release date, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them out sometime in late-November or early-December, which would also help capitalize on sales around Christmas. If it were up to me, though, I would like to see simultaneous release dates with the Japanese versions.
Uh it was announced early on back in February the games will be released in North America in Autumn 2012. That's only gonna be about three or four months since the Japanese release (June 23,2012) November or December wouldn't exactly be Autumn but more like Winter.

I'm really thinking it will be released in late September or mid to late October . This gives me time to get money before then to buy the games.
Hope they announce the English release dates soon.

Years
Uh it was announced early on back in February the games will be released in North America in Autumn 2012. That's only gonna be about three or four months since the Japanese release (June 23,2012) November or December wouldn't exactly be Autumn but more like Winter.

I'm really thinking it will be released in late September or mid to late October . This gives me time to get money before then to buy the games.
Hope they announce the English release dates soon.

True, but technically autumn lasts from September 22nd to December 20th this year, so it could realistically be released anytime between then.

Like I said, I would prefer it to be sooner rather than later, but something's telling me it might not work out like that.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Sometime in August would be nice. But it won't happen. XD
I honestly think it will be anywhere from Halloween to Thanksgiving. (Thats October 31st - November 22, for those of you who don't know).

Also, coincidentally, the Japanese version is out on my birthday, haha.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I really hope it's at least before September, perhaps early August, that's my summer all together then. :3

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
i still say late august or early September.

i wouldn't really understand why they would release the games in November, if they do that they might as well wait until the holiday season to get more money out of it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
All sites that can Preorder it have it as October 2012. There is no definate date yet and it can be pushed back or forward depending on how early they start translating and producing copies.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I'm hoping they'll make the release date go in line with the release date for the Japanese B/W games, which would be in September. :B

Back