• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Digital Network Upgrade

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Please note ** 56k warning - IMAGE HEAVY**

Maker: RPG MAKER 2003
Credits: -
Remy (tile graphics), DarkPegasus ( Tile graphics, Menus), Avatar (pretty much all NPC character sets)- please go to http://avatar.riceb0x.net/, Rm2k3 (charactersets/1 or 2 tilesets), Dawson (charactersets/ 1 or 2 tilesets), and myself[Neo-Dragon] (All coding, tileset making, various rips and menus)

Pokemon: Digital Network Upgrade - made by the Calis Project staff
coding by Neo-Dragon
Tileset graphics by REMY
Support by DarkPegasus

you may not use REMY's graphics without his permission

newlookbattlesystem5iq.png

STORYLINE:

"In a time were technology drives everything, pokemon divides everything." - Prof. Arkum.

A legendary pokemon, known as Meta, was captured by a group of scientists and was experimented on. A young Professor, Arkum, began a project to enhance Meta using modern and experimental technology. He covered the pokemon in a strong, high density, metal and wired a processor chip up to Meta's brain. He unvaled his "masterwork" at the opening cermony for what would become the biggest and most powerful cooperation in all of the land- "The Industry".

" My fellow scientists and professors, In a time were technology drives everything, pokemon divides everything..... But this is no longer the case! I have devised a way in which to merge pokemon with technology! Pokemon will be stronger, smarter, and ofcourse, obedient! Even the so called "Legendary Pokemon" will obey our commands.... Which brings me to my expedition..... The Legendary pokemon known as Meta, is the first pokemon to be Digitally Upgraded..... Today, I present to you, Metaclaw! "

Every cheered as their eyes lay on this, mythical pokemon, sitting in a cage, under control.
This was a new chapter in the history of Pokemon.

15 years later, The Industry has been set up with branchs in every major region, with its head quarters in the Shikoku Region.
One of The Industy's divisions is known as the P.D.U - the "Pokemon Digitsation Unit." A group of pokemon trainers- trained in digitising pokemon. Digitising pokemon, put simply is a term of which the pokemon is "upgraded" with a chip in its brain to help track it and keep it connected to a network. Our hero is a new member of the P.D.U and is assigned to work in the Kanto Region and digitise the remaining pokemon there. But before he leaves on his trip, he is called to a meeting with The Industry's second in command, Gordon Fear. Mr. Fear tells him that he has a side quest for our hero. But you must play the game when it comes out to find out what it is....

The hero uses his trustworthy pokemon, Umbreon. Umbreon is, ofcourse, a upgraded pokemon. Like all upgraded pokemon, Umbreon can become stronger via digital data. Digital Cards can be swiped through the trainers E.P.D (Electronic Pokemon Device - used for communicating with your pokemon)- to make Umbreon, stronger, smarter and faster. Umbreon can also fuse with certain digital data to become a "upgraded" (fused) pokemon.....

It is up to the player to use them correctly.

KEY FEATURES:
A custom battle system made by me exclusivly for Digital Network.
A custom menu system which in "run" on the trainers "E.P.D"
Digital Data Cards. To increase the strenght of your Umbreon's stats (like strenght- defence - Speed).
A custom stat system that the player can control at will.... Assignign stat points to which stat the player wishs to. ( see this post for info on this : http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1674778&postcount=55 )
Umbreon can fuse and become different pokemon mid battle. Featuring over 5 different fusion combos.

SCREENSHOTS

labikacityalpha5db.png

labikacityalpha34ng.png

labikacityalpha27pa.png

jumping1wn.png

(Showing the Jumping system- small objects can be jumped over)
recoloredmenu7ps.png

swamp11pq.png

Last edited:

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
Years
Woo Remy graphics! You must be the seventh game allowed, I think..

No fifth. Well, they look much better than usual when put in a game setting, on their own.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Yeah, I'm the fifth to be able to use them.

I really should of put this along with my opening post.
This game will ofcourse feature-
A CMS (Custom menu System)
A CBS (Custom Battle System)
Running system.
Surfing system.
More than 1 region
and everything you'd expect from me by now.
Oh.... and ofcoruse, this game is being made with RPGMAKER 2003

QFred

Behold...
Years
Very Cool! Still using RM2003, very well! I think the tilesets are awesome, and I hope to see cool features like in Silk2!!

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
Years
My game, Cobalt's game, Liquid, and this one..that's all I think, but I was sure there was another one.

Great, all the features we'd expect are in. This will turn out great, I'm sure of it ;)

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
Years
Dardanel said:
^ Yeah as I said PT, Liquid(dead), Cobalt's games and Neo's games!

Way to go Neo!
liquid dead?
i haven't heard that of rm2k3kid,
he told me it was on hold for a while.

anyway neodragon, keep up the good work ^^

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
This looks (and sounds) great! I really like the plot and I hope you'll finish your project, but please don't tell me you'll quite silk 2 for this.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Thanks everyone for the positive comments. Means alot reading them- keep 'em coming :)
At everyone who is wondering- ofocurse im still working on Silk2. I just switch between the 2 every time I release a demo.

Here's a update for you all.
Kanto will be featured in this game. Ofcourse, to keep with the style I've revamped Kanto a bit. Pallet Town I wanted to keep the same (same layout) just with the new graphics.
Here is a look.
(some of these were also taken to show off the improved Day/Night system)
revampedpallettowndaytime9rj.png
revampedpallettownnighttime9ao.png

revampedpallettownroutemorning.png

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
Years
very nice screens!
i like the graphics very much
but shouldn't 1:60 be 2:00 ?
since 60 minutes are 1 hour :P (seems logical :P)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Pallet Town looks awesome, mate! Great graphics, Remy.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2005
the graphics are awsome, nice and colorful, i really liek Pallet town. keep it up, i cant wait to see more.

Back