• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokémon being teased by the official website

Years
A mysterious new Pokémon has popped up on the official website. All that's been revealed is that it's a Fighting type with Steadfast as it's ability. Some are speculating that it could be
Spoiler:

A very interesting development for sure. Hopefully they fully reveal this sooner rather than later, since everyone will want to know what it is after it's been teased like this.

Years
It s much, much heavier than Farfetch'd so I doubt it. Also the image looks more reptilian or maybe mammalian to me. I don't think it's a bird of any sort.
I've been wrong before though.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Using this thread for linkage to the Daily article on this news (displays above your OP).

Said article adds something to the Farfetch'd thing, as if you rotate the image 90 degrees... well, it does look like a bird. See the article.
It s much, much heavier than Farfetch'd so I doubt it. Also the image looks more reptilian or maybe mammalian to me. I don't think it's a bird of any sort.
I've been wrong before though.
It might be due to it holding a shield adding to its weight.

We do know that there is a Galarian or evolution (or both) of Farfetch'd from that one accurate leak so far...

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
This seems very promising! I've been anticipating a Farfetch'd reveal and I can see this being a new evolution perhaps, much like Obstagoon was. I just hope it's cute. I like the idea of the little bird trying to look all noble with his deadly leek as a weapon!

But what about the typing? I'm not sure about the decision to have Farfetch'd to lose his flying type.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Hm, so looking at it, the Japanese name for it seems to be ナ イ ト, which translates to "Naito". I'm not really sure what this means, but it could potentially translate to "Night" or "Knight". The latter definitely makes more sense because it ties in more with Galar lore, and what with Corviknight and all. However, I don't think this has anything to do with Corviknight.

As for the Farfetch'd thing, I highly doubt it is. If it were, then it would have been labelled under its Japanese name, カモネギ. It's most likely got to be a new Pokemon, and with the knight theme, it would definitely make sense if it's rotated. Some of the parts can end up looking like a sword and shield, which again ties in with the theme of the games. I have a feeling this could actually be some kind of medieval warrior Pokemon, to be honest.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
Odd that "Sirfetch'd" is pure Fighting, guess Farfetch'd retired from flying after evolving ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That or its leek and shield are much heavier than itself.

Last edited:
Years
Maybe the white/silver pixels are some kind of armor. Would be cool to have Galarian Farfetch'd in armor (or its evolution). I'm looking forward the revelation of this Pokémon.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I just had a thought. On the (English) website, before you can click on the image it moves to another part of the screen, twice, and only then can you click on it.

Now, what other Pokemon have we had to literally chase about?

farfetchd_chasing-e1568400054245.jpg

Granted, it's a bit farfetched a stretch, and also not the case with the Japanese site (they don't even put the image on the home page, mind...), but it came to mind.

-----------
Fighting type change would be weird, and a bit unoriginal. We have heaps of pure Fighting types, but only one Fighting/Flying iirc. Alas, not the first time there's an seemingly odd typing decision made for a Pokemon...

Years
BIRD.png

flipping it this way makes the picture a lot more clear! definitely looks like a bird/farfetch'd holding a sword (leek) and shield. above theory is also good!

Last edited:

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Maybe I'm stupid but I just see a shiny Cubone???

Cubone was actually the initial thought of many before the Affleck leak was pointed out. Granted, if you look at it from that angle it does resemble a Cubone, but it doesn't really seem likely because we already have Alolan Marowak.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yeah, it's a nice change of pace. They have tried more inventive reveals lately - see Meltan, for instance. Not that I am without my complaints on how they did Meltan - it ended up with a lot of confusion. =/ But this seems to be going better so far.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 17, 2019
Obviously hard to tell but it looks like the top of the leek has been cut off and has been fashioned into the shield which is a decent idea design wise.

I'm hoping this is an actual evolution for Farfetched. Something I was thinking about the other day was that old leak that mentioned armour evolutions and hoped to God that this was not linked to that as some sort of form change rather than a proper evolution.

Years

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Wonder why the Japanese twitter gave the time while the English one tried to play it off as a glitch...belatedly so, and not give a time? Bit weird there.

Oh well. Yay for a confirmed time for reveal.

Back