• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer sprite devamps

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
I'm working on some battle sprite devamps from D/P/Pt to FR/LG/R/S/E Style, and I have finished the Lucas one.
You are allowed to request sprites as well, but some things I am better than others in, and I cannot compile overworlds to be compatible with RMXP.

My skillset (10 is best, 1 is worst)

Battle Sprites FR/LG/R/S/E - 8
Overworld Sprites FR/LG - 7.5
Overworld Sprites R/S/E - 7.5
Battle Sprites D/P/Pt/HG/SS - 6
Overworld Sprites D/P/Pt/HG/SS - 6
Anything B/W/B2/W2 - 4.5
Battle Sprites R/B/Y/G/S/C - 5
Overworld Sprites R/B/Y/G/S/C - 9.5

(Right-click + Save As to download)

Lucas (D/P) - FR/LG Styled
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2013
Erm not to be funny or anything but Lucas's his head is a little squashed... :/

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I'm working on some battle sprite devamps from D/P/Pt to FR/LG/R/S/E Style, and I have finished the Lucas one.
You are allowed to request sprites as well, but some things I am better than others in, and I cannot compile overworlds to be compatible with RMXP.

My skillset (10 is best, 1 is worst)

Battle Sprites FR/LG/R/S/E - 8
Overworld Sprites FR/LG - 7.5
Overworld Sprites R/S/E - 7.5
Battle Sprites D/P/Pt/HG/SS - 6
Overworld Sprites D/P/Pt/HG/SS - 6
Anything B/W/B2/W2 - 4.5
Battle Sprites R/B/Y/G/S/C - 5
Overworld Sprites R/B/Y/G/S/C - 9.5

(Right-click + Save As to download)

Lucas (D/P) - FR/LG Styled
Spoiler:

I'll be blunt - that lucas devamp is terrible
take it from me, I for the longest time tried to devamp most of the sprites into GBA format for numerous reasons, and mine use to look (well not like that o-o but...) pretty bad, here is an example of how to devamp well (that I did myself when I was devamping)

OOPS_zps20355697.png

as you can see the actual size is in gen4 size, being 160x160 - while I thought essentials used 128x128, do I devamped a lot of them, but you're not devamping, you're cutting out pixels and making it looks weird

the left side is what I did, cut out some pixels and making it look (in the end) short and terrible

while the middle is how to do it right, you take the original size (which would be the one on the right) and resize it 80%, then resize that 80%
that usually gives you a good start, unless its particularly large - regardless, once you have done that, you fix up the messed up pixels (it works best when its 160x160 being resized as you would fix the 1x1 pixels to being 2x2)

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
There is more to a good devamp than just shrinking it to GBA Size.

Here's what I did:
1. Recolored to GBA Colors (using FRLG Red as a base)
2. Resized to the size of FRLG Red
3. Changed shading style to closer match FRLG Red
4. Shrunk the pants size so they didn't look fat
5. Changed the face to be FRLG Styled

I do admit the head it a bit squashed, because the face is a bit wider than I had expected, using Red as a base.

Also, new sprites (GSC-Styled custom Rocket Exectutive, based off of the Gold sprite)
7U6nOHI.gif

gaNnpoH.gif

Back