• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
[a id]Back To Top[/a id]
jhivcr3.png

cTMvB8n.png

CPEm3yA.png

RvHVRlh.png

ryJsEWB.png

gXsmJX8.png
dh3at9o.png
4s0uyum.png

iMOdzS6.png
u8x89Fk.png
YYSKRrA.png
70cdSzd.png

YVUHgE6.png
xPhNQBZ.png
6LzZ3hE.png
ETpujrO.png

TrIJTpt.png
Cmis7Xr.png
q8BQO57.png
0OFlB40.png
[hd]tTRHFOMRGPQ[/hd]

a8zVBZH.png

54Fk83a.png
KZRdJm4.png

b4K07vM.png

We use NUPS since we use 32mb expanded ROMs. So you'll need to patch your Pokemon Emerald ROM with the tool.

Download for NUPS: Click here
Download for Pokemon Discovery Beta 1 Patch Version 0.2.0: Click Here

To learn how to apply the patch to your ROM, click here.
If you have questions about the hack, have suggestions, or want to report bugs outside of this thread, go ahead and join us on our IRC chat by clicking here.

omf2czp.png

You are allowed to use any or all of the following banners, badges, or affiliation material.
2ofE2Fq.gif

Contributed by Le pug

Code:
[div="padding-bottom: 0px;"][/div][div="margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; width:100%;height:100%;    font-variant: sans-serif; color: #000000; font-size: 100%; border: solid    1px #A2A4A5; background-color: #f2f0f0; padding: 6px 6px 6px 6px;"][COLOR=#5f94e6][SIZE=2][FONT=Segoe UI][PLAIN][url=http://goo.gl/P3HuWM][img]http://i.imgur.com/2ofE2Fq.gif[/img][/url][/PLAIN][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/div]
View other banners in spoiler:

Spoiler:
[/SIZE]

9SdLM4r.png

IKeiRJr.png

tYpnAo7.png

BlGAC6s.png

T4alrMq.png

sjzXRcG.png

mYb87Lg.png

niVS9nD.png

I've gotten permission from Le Pug to adopt Discovery. Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I am surprised nobody has commented yet. The storyline and just the theme of the hack is amazing. Very different from the average Pokemon game. Good luck with completing it. Graphics look pretty good too, I dunno what that big green thing at the bottom of the first picture is though.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
I am surprised nobody has commented yet. The storyline and just the theme of the hack is amazing. Very different from the average Pokemon game. Good luck with completing it. Graphics look pretty good too, I dunno what that big green thing at the bottom of the first picture is though.

Mmmm.

sssshhhh.....
Le pug is talking.

Yeah, I posted it yesterday but it didn't get approved until earlier today. Thank you for your compliments. I still need to fix some graphics, still adding more to the maps. That green thing at the bottom of the first picture is actually a hollow log that you can walk through that has moss growing on it. It looks more clear if you see the whole thing haha.

It looks amazing whit the new tiles!! :D

Thank you, I'm going to update them more and make them look better and there will be a lot more custom tiles to enhance the feel of the game.

...okay le pug is done.
still sssshhhh.....

Le pug

Years
Why don't use ruby? I'm liking ruby more than fire red...

I liked Ruby and used it for awhile, however there are a lot of problems with Ruby and because everyone uses fire red, I get to make the most out of all the custom programs and patches, etc. Plus it's easier for my ASM workers who know more about FireRed.

If it helps, my FireRed hack will have most of the ruby tiles in it also, just customized and enhanced.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Wow the storyline is really interesting I think your mapping is also pretty good.Looking forward to the alpha :D :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
Very interesting story. Different from all the others and custom sprites and different starters are always a plus. :) I hope this project doesn't get abandoned over time. I'd love to see it completed.

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
Years
Tiles Looks Good =D

Though your CSS made this page weird you should fix it xD

Cant wait for Alpha ;3

Le pug

Years
Tiles Looks Good =D

Though your CSS made this page weird you should fix it xD

Cant wait for Alpha ;3

Lol thank you and the css looks fine to me, fits the page perfectly lol.

working on that alpha now!

Very interesting story. Different from all the others and custom sprites and different starters are always a plus. :) I hope this project doesn't get abandoned over time. I'd love to see it completed.

I never give up on projects, so I'll see this through until the end. I promise!

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Wow, this looks excellent and did you say you were putting new tiles in, what tileset is it?

if you need help with story writing i can help you.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Count me in for liking the story; real different from the norm. Also liking some of the features that relates to the protagonist's condition/position. It's really more about survival than anything.

Le pug

Years
Wow, this looks excellent and did you say you were putting new tiles in, what tileset is it?

if you need help with story writing i can help you.

Thank you. Yes I'm putting most of the ruby tilesets in that look well for the hack including just some custom tiles I've made or got permission to use

Count me in for liking the story; real different from the norm. Also liking some of the features that relates to the protagonist's condition/position. It's really more about survival than anything.

Exactly. In that kind of state where you don't know what could happen, who's to say every person here would choose to be good? That's why you will have the ability to be "good" or "bad". Survival of the fittest, however way you want to do it.

Le pug

Years
The sprites is a big turn on for me.
I like navy somehow.. keep up the good work.

Well I'm glad you like them! I'm currently serving in the navy and that's how that part of the idea came to be!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
The hack looks great! Great intro. Actually, if you want ti, im willing to beta test the game and report you bugs and stuff :)

Le pug

Years
The hack looks great! Great intro. Actually, if you want ti, im willing to beta test the game and report you bugs and stuff :)

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

-----------------------------

Here's a map spoiler if anyone wants to see. Image isn't final, I'll definitely be detailing it up and adding more stuff but here is the layout of this one:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
Years
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

-----------------------------

Here's a map spoiler if anyone wants to see. Image isn't final, I'll definitely be detailing it up and adding more stuff but here is the layout of this one:
Spoiler:
Your Image Didn't Load. Fix Please :)

Back