• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Kris vs. Lyra? Who Do You Prefer?

Kris or Lyra?

• Kris

Votes: 96 70.6%
  • Lyra

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Both

Votes: 14 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
Years
When HGSS came out, I was really excited to see a revamped Kris and Gold, when I watched the intro, I became dissappointed that I only saw Gold make a return. To me, Kris was super cool in looks and I always thought she'd be super awesome to talk to.
What's your opinion? Kris or Lyra?
images
Kris?

images
Lyra?

Last edited:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Kris. Loved her to death. Lyra is annoying and her design is... not as good as Kris's. Okay, I hate it. She has a ridiculous balloon hat and overalls making her look like a preschooler. Also, her Marill annoys me.

I tried playing as Lyra once in-game, but I got sick of it and stopped midway.

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
Years
Kris. Loved her to death. Lyra is annoying and her design is... not as good as Kris's. Okay, I hate it. She has a ridiculous balloon hat and overalls making her look like a preschooler. Also, her Marill annoys me.

I tried playing as Lyra once in-game, but I got sick of it and stopped midway.
Yeah I especially hate Lyra's design. Kris is where it's at. Plus, I don't see how Lyra's name has anything to do with hearts, gold, souls, or silver?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 18, 2017
I prefer Kris. No competition. Lyra looks like she's trying too hard to look like Mario, what with the ridiculous hat, the overalls, and the red colors.

Also, non-player Lyra is ANNOYING. STOP CALLING ME and telling me crap like your Marill evolved (Spoiler: It didn't).

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I thought Lyra was cute but Kris was cool in a way that Lyra never could be. She probably appealed to the girl crowd that would want to play in that she's really cutesy, and not the people that want to play as a cool girl like me. I mean, just look at the way they're standing: Kris has her fists up as if she's gearing up for something or ready to fight. Lyra is...skipping with her arms out, holding her purse. I think the answer is obvious.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
Years
I really liked Kris, but I LOVE the name Lyra. I don't know why.
I want to name my kids Lyra and Cyrus, but WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE CHARACTERS IN POKéMON?!

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
Years
Lyra. I never played with Kris so I honestly don't know how it is with her. I actually like Lyra (in the game). In the anime she seemed annoying though..

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Kris has blue hair. She wins! Lyra's art work is ugly imo, but her sprite is super adorable. But yeah, I've never played a game of Crystal as the male. So that's the indicator of who I like more, methinks.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I don't hate Lyra, but Kris was definitely better. To be honest I don't understand why they needed to change the character at all, since everything else in the games suggests they were hell-bent on staying true to the nostalgia factor of the originals.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Lyra, I dislike Kris's outfit and hair. Lyra does look like a child but thats what she is supposed to look like. Also I never owned Crystal so I have never played as Kris.

Years
I don't hate Lyra, but Kris was definitely better. To be honest I don't understand why they needed to change the character at all, since everything else in the games suggests they were hell-bent on staying true to the nostalgia factor of the originals.
I agree with this; seeing as Kris was there since Crystal, there was no need whatsoever to replace her. Although to me, they're the same- even if I know Game Freak/Nintendo/Whoever has stated otherwise: they both have the same style of hair, and... Screw it, I'm not even going to bother explaining. But I prefer Kris, because I really just feel that Lyra is a needless change.

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
Years
Kris. She had a very different but great style. I liked that she had Blue hair :P. Lyra is basically Leaf+ Kris but Lyra's design looked like a preschooler! i didn't really like it much.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Definitely Kris. Uuuhhhh I can't stand Lyra. She has a weird pumpkin hat and I don't like her girlyness. I liked Leaf a lot for that, but Lyra is just a no-no for me. Kris' design is just amazing imo, she's my favourite playable character of ALL games.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 29, 2011
I never really thought there was a point in replacing Kris but I do like Lyra's design better.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Kris, she was an absolute favorite of mine when that Raikou movie came out! Lyra? Not so much.. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back