• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU RMT

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
Hello. This is my first post here, and I haven't done too many RMTs elsewhere. This is an OU team that I threw together and did a few matches with. It works pretty well, but I think there's room for improvement. Anyway, here it is:

TERRAKION @ CHOICE SCARF
ABILITY: JUSTIFIED
NATURE: JOLLY
EVS: 252 ATK/4 DEF/252 SPE
MOVES:
STONE EDGE
CLOSE COMBAT
ROCK SLIDE
EARTHQUAKE X-SCISSOR

This is my revenge-killer, a standard Scarf Terrakion. We all know how great his offensive typing is, and how he is made to use a Scarf so I won't go into too much detail. Stone Edge and Close Combat are the main STABs, Rock Slide is there because Stone Edge's accuracy is absolutely infuriating, and EQ is for coverage, although it's rarely needed. and X-Scizzor is for coverage against bulky Grass and Psychic types like Celebi.

JELLICENT @ LEFTOVERS
ABILITY: WATER ABSORB
NATURE: CALM
EVS: 252 HP/
100 DEF/156 SP DEF/36 DEF/220 SP DEF
MOVES:
SCALD
TOXIC
RECOVER
TAUNT

This is my utility Pokemon. Double status Jellicent always works well, Scalding physical attackers and Toxic'ing anything else. Recover provides it with recovery, and Taunt stops anything that wants to set up on Jellicent.

FERROTHORN @ CHOICE BAND
ABILITY: IRON BARBS
NATURE: BRAVE
EVS: 252 HP/252 ATK/4 SP DEF
MOVES:
POWER WHIP
GYRO BALL
SPIKES
BULLDOZE

Ferrothorn is usually seen running a support set. This fact alone is what makes this set so volatile and extremely fun to use. I adore using Choice Band Ferrothorn because people never expect eating a Power Whip or Gyro Ball to the face after they've used Taunt or Swords Dance. I often lead with it, because enemy hazard leads kneel before it's surprising power. Spikes and Bulldoze are filler, as I have never been in a situation where they have been useful, but may serve uses in the future.

SKARMORY @ LEFTOVERS
ABILITY: STURDY
NATURE: IMPISH
EVS: 252 HP/
4 ATK/252 DEF/228 DEF/24 SPE
MOVES:
STEALTH ROCK
WHIRLWIND
BRAVE BIRD
ROOST

Skarmory is my physical wall and phazer. Not much to say about this, other than that I use Stealth Rock over Spikes on Skarmory because Ferro already has Spikes, and Stealth Rock is more useful. Spare point is in Attack instead of Special Defense to make Brave Bird slightly stronger. EVs allow me to outrun max Speed Wobbuffet.

REUNICLUS @ LEFTOVERS
ABILITY: MAGIC GUARD
NATURE: BOLD
EVS: 252 HP/252 DEF/4 SP DEF
MOVES:
CALM MIND
PSYCHIC
HIDDEN POWER [FIGHTING]
RECOVER

Reuniclus is one of my favorite 5th gen Pokemon, because it's also very fun to use, along with my CB Ferrothorn. After a couple of Calm Minds, Reuniclus becomes very hard to take down, and hits stupidly hard. On several occasions, I have been able to get to +6 SpA/SpD because it's just very bulky, has recovery, and is immune to passive damage. I use HP Fighting instead of Focus Blast because it's just depressing how Focus Blast misses so often when it should hit 3 out of every 5 times.

JOLTEON @ CHOICE SPECS
ABILITY: VOLT ABSORB
NATURE: TIMID
EVS: 252 SP ATK/4 SP DEF/252 SPE
MOVES:
THUNDERBOLT
HIDDEN POWER [ICE]
SIGNAL BEAM
VOLT SWITCH

My last Pokemon is Jolteon. It makes a good scout with Volt Switch, and has the BoltBeam combo, which means it has great coverage. I often find myself revenge killing Ground Type Pokemon with HP Ice, which also has a small surprise factor when they see me switch Jolteon into their Ground Type which they think they can quickly waste with an EQ. Signal Beam is additional coverage against Dark and Psychic types.

This concludes my RMT. I will accept all comments/suggestions on how to make this team better.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
For Terrakion, Earthquake is absolutely redundant with Close Combat. Replace it with X-Scissor so that it has a bigger hit on Celebi.

If you're using a specially defensive spread on Jellicent, change the EVs to 252 HP/36 Def/220 SDef.

So that Skarmory can outspeed max Speed Wobbuffet, change its EV spread to 252 HP/232 Def/24 Spe.

HP Fighting doesn't have enough power; it fails to 2HKO Tyranitar even. Just use Focus Blast, and Reuniclus is bulky enough to afford the occasional miss. You can always use PP Ups to increase its PP too.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Jolteon will like it better if it can survive the wrath of Dugtrio. Switch Expert Belt over Specs to let it use HP Ice in case something switches out for a Dugtrio. This however, goes with lucky prediction. Jolteon OHKO's dugtrio all the time while same goes for Dugtrio. Jolteon is faster than Dugtrio however. Just be wary of Focus Sash Dugtrio.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
Okay, I changed EVs on Jellicent and Skarmory as you suggested. However, Focus Blast has been a let down as it always has been, and even though "Reuniclus is bulky enough to afford the occasional miss", Focus Blast misses more than "occasionally" so I'm keeping HP Fighting for now.

As for E-belt on Jolteon, the power loss is very significant, and with the ability just to beat Dugtrio doesn't seem to be a very good reason to cut my power severely. I'm sticking with Specs for now.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Dugtrio is a pretty much a counter to 4 out of 6 in your team with its annoying Sand Trap. But with lucky prediction thanks to team viewer, you can manage with specs. You'll know when a Dugtrio bait is out anyway.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Uh, Dugtrio cant trap anything on this team bar Jolteon lol.

Back