• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another New Game [T] (OOC)

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
This is a revived version of this RP, which was also made by me :D

NEW GAME (OOC)
Welcome to the world of Pokémon
emeraldintro15zd.png

OOC Thread || IC Thread

pressstarti.png

Someone has made a game. A game that would be played by s few selected teenagers who accepted his invitation. The game he made would be like none other. It would either place the teenagers in danger, or would give them glory. It was a risk he'd be willing to take. Anything he would do for his success.

The game is just an edited version of a previous game. It was made to be harder than the other. More exciting, more thrilling, more dangerous. Perhaps, more dangerous than you think it is. In this game, when you lose, you lose. It's game over. You're goal is to finish. It doesn't matter which place. Just finish. If you want to stop playing, finish it. It's your only option.

areyouho.png

You are an average teenager, living a life that is full of routines. Everyday is almost the same. Usual events. Usual places. Usual people. It was, and always will be, like that...until you received a certain mail:

E-Mail said:
FR: [email protected]
TO: <insert e-mail here>
Subject: Closed Beta Testing

You have been chosen as one of the few selected people given the chance to test out new game. If you choose to accept this invitation, all you have to do is click the link below. If you choose not to, then under no circumstances should you open the said URL. Once you accept, you cannot change your mind. Thank you.

http://www.devon.org

GKR

You opened the site, but before you even see what the site looks like, you black out. You wake up in the vast space of nothingness. It was dark. You can't see anything, but you definitely can tell that someone was there with you. Suddenly, out of nowhere, someone says these words: "Hi! Sorry to keep you waiting."

Summary

In this roleplay, you are transported into the Pokémon game world. You were originally from the real world, where Pokémon do not exist. The storyline will be somehow like the game, specifically R/S/E, but some twists was and will be added by the developer. When you wake up in the dark, you see nothing at all, but feel the presence of someone with you, then you hear Professor Birch's voice (but your character doesn't know that yet) welcoming you to the Pokémon world, and like in the game, asking for your gender and name. After asking for your name, you find yourself in a van. In the van, you hear a voice:

"If you want to stop playing this game, you need to finish it. There is no other way out."

Your character has no idea that the developer has programmed that voice. The developer will sometimes pit challenges for your character. The developer controls everything in-game, but the NPCs you meet does not know that they are in a game. What they do know is that they live in their real world, and that yours is fake. The developer may sometimes use an NPC to communicate with your character, but your character thinks that he/she is talking to the NPC directly, and does not know that he/she is talking to the developer.

Of course many decisions will be made in this RP, and the decisions you, the players, make will determine what will become of your characters...

Rules and Guidelines

- The roleplay is to be strictly kept PG-13. No gore when not needed. No suggestive themes.
- This will be chapter-based, and I will post each one after a certain amount of roleplayers finish the requirements for the current chapter.
- The developer may put up special events. When he does, your character is pulled away from whatever he/she is doing and gets teleported to the place where the event occurs.
- I will play the developer. I control certain NPCs that you can't, but most can be controlled by you.
- This is set in the Hoenn Region.
- Pokemon you encounter is decided via RNG. Shinies do exist but are extremely rare. If you want to encounter a Pokemon in a chapter, just say something about walking on grass and having something "materialize" in front of you. I'll randomize for you.
- The above rule goes the same for capturing Pokemon. Just end your post with the ball shaking.
- The developer has decided to let your Pokémon keep five moves at a time.
- There will only be certain moments where you, the players, can meet.
- Levelling up depends on the quality of your post. Minimum is 1, while maximum is 5 (for extremely beautiful posts)

Starters

258.png
Mudkip
252.png
Treecko TAKEN BY Rune Alchemist
255.png
Torchic TAKEN BY Lilizuki
349.png
Feebas TAKEN BY Curious
214.png
Heracross TAKEN BY Sarah Morgan

The Players

Oliver Riverwood (Curious.)
Adelaide Smith (Lilizuki)
Sarah Morgan (Umm...Sarah Morgan ._.)
Ariel Mihara (Rune Alchemist)

Player Teams
Pokemon Storage (PC)
Players' Inventory

Code:
[B]Name:
History: [/B](your life before the game. Where did you live? Why did you choose to accept the invitation?)[B]

Appearance: [/B] (how your character looks like, obviously) [B]

Personality: [/B](speaks for itself)[B]

Dislikes: [/B](Just for the heck of it. The developer may have some nice thing for you ;D)

[B]Starter Pokémon:[/B]
[B] 
RP sample: [/B](The part where you received the mail and got transported inside the game)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Sleep, go away. I just woke up~

*snip*

-looks up at the two 'official' posts-

Ugh, fine. We can't plan this.

And who's to say we can't interact with others?

RPM

Why can't we at least see each other?
Well, the posts did say that we arrived in Littleroot at different times, so I assumed we'd have individual prologues before the official game, in which we can meet.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
You can plan around that.

I have my character crying in her room for an hour before she leaves, so for example my character could come out and walk around, then see another moving truck with a girl hopping out. You know?

Many ways around. Just have to be creative :3

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I chose Heracross; as my starter pokemon.
I hear Heracross is pretty buggy. :v

You can plan around that.

I have my character crying in her room for an hour before she leaves, so for example my character could come out and walk around, then see another moving truck with a girl hopping out. You know?

Many ways around. Just have to be creative :3
Well, I ended my prologue with Adelaide leaving the Lab. Could still meet up with your character, if you want her to. :3

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
... Wait, we get to rescue the Professor 5 times?

In a single day? Blah. I want a double-battle against the wild because I don't want the professor to be rescued several times.

Also, I say single day because it would be kinda unfair if we all didn't start on the same foot. Pokemon B/W much?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
@Rune Alchemist: I don't know; I'm not the GM. :P I did the best with what info we had available, so...yeah.

Maybe when the GM gets back online, he can clarify some thangs for us.

@Sarah: Starting off in a truck somehow seems fitting for the ever-classy Miss Morgan Jr. ^_^

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Wait, didn't we all move to LittleRoot town?

I mean, our Da-...

Wait. One. Second. We have the same dad.

Does this make our characters siblings? :cross-eye

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
My character starts off inside the truck too if you're wondering, she just goes inside the house, then cries in her room as the sudden reality shakes her.

Apparently, everyone who moves to Littleroot makes their kids ride in the truck lol

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
@Rune Alchemist: To everyone in-world? Yes.

If a romance subplot crops up, things will get creepy really fast. :v

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Incest? :\

Yeah, I never tackled that in ANY of my fanfics. Selfcest, maybe but... Oh, the plot! Hahahahah~

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
This thread went to a strange place.

Out of curiosity, Rune Alchemist, would you mind linking to any of your Fanfiction? I'd be interested in taking a look. :3

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
This thread went to a strange place.

Out of curiosity, Rune Alchemist, would you mind linking to any of your Fanfiction? I'd be interested in taking a look. :3

I'd rather not, until I get the hang of writing.

Most of the things in my Fanfiction account is rubbish, something I made two years ago. Not my most glamorous year, since I was 15 then.

You can imagine the kind of stuff I write. I am taking one story seriously, but it's slow going, and only has one chapter. A Persona 3/4 Fic.

Ah, most of my posts allow other players to interact with mine. I consider myself the RPer who gets the connection going. I did that in Darkness Rising (I mean Darkness Lurking!), did that in another RP, and I'm doing it in the rest of RPs I'm joining. Especially the one I'll create! So if I'm going to post, I'll post it so that my character faces her window then cut it there, to allow someone to see/interact with her.

On that note, I won't post till the RPM says so. 'Sides, I have to clean it up.

Last edited:

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
Guuuys~ Sorry I wasn't able to go on yesterday. School and very important RL stuff came up, but it's all done now ^^ I'll check Chuuritsu's SU right away and see if it passes the standards. I'll also post the official "go signal" in the IC thread any moment now ^^'

Also, to answer a question that you asked in the now-IC-thread-but-previously-used-as-a-temporary-OOC thread (or NITBPUAATO thread)

What I meant by "game script" is the script that programmers use to run in-game events, not the "dialogue." Think of the NPCs as AIs, ones you can have a normal conversation with as if you're not in the game. Sorry if I didn't explain this earlier. Bad GM D:

Aaand, @Chuuritsu - Um, I can see that it was rushed ^^' Just add more on your RP sample and your SU will be approved. For now, it is pending

Last edited:

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Guuuys~ Sorry I wasn't able to go on yesterday. School and very important RL stuff came up, but it's all done now ^^ I'll check Chuuritsu's SU right away and see if it passes the standards. I'll also post the official "go signal" in the IC thread any moment now ^^'

Ohayo RPM! I'm guessing it's a Saturday Morning there right? I understand. It's testing season~

-reads post-

-reads other players posts-

... What 'Go signal any moment now'?

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Right! Sunday! Sorry, it feels like Saturday to me, because I had school yesterday. But still, good morning. We have little time difference.

Also, 'go' signal... Yeah, 2/5 story posts =)

Back