• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Miku's Pokemon Adventure (Pokemon Gold Hack)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Hey everyone,

I have been working on a hack, mainly for personal use, but I have also been thinking of expanding on it... for now, videos:

Catchable Trainer/Gym Leader/etc Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Better shiny encounter rate (this has been changed to force perfect DV/IV stats, but can be changed back later):
Spoiler:

Respriting (Vocaloid Rival and Miku player):
Spoiler:

As you can see, I mainly do ASM modding, but I have a broader scope as long as I can learn something new. I am looking into making custom music, so I'm still tinkering with that. I'm thinking of making a tool for it, not sure though.

I might add more scripts, but I'm unsure if that would hog up space... perhaps if I added scripts inside the game? I understand there's an unused Safari Zone map I could probably use...

Anywho, the main idea of this was to make all Pokemon catchable, with uber stats (all 255 stats), but it seems too make a better strategy game. I might reduce HP later for my spin-off...

Right, and that's the other thing, the spin-off mod from this is a dungeon-rush game. You will have a limited time to beat the game. I plan on making this game just a pure head-on rush game. If I can add a time limit to the game, it would work, possibly by making the time at the start of the game the same time (without the player choosing).

I do want to make custom music for my mod, so I will likely look into finding a way to do it.

I also have some screenshots of other things in the game:
CULRival_FINAL2_zps5ee07f30.png
CULRival_FINAL_secondForm2_zpsd3151225.png

The Rival's 2nd form is for later (when your Rival has a different position, possibly in Kanto or the Elite Four).

MikuSpriteOverworld2_zpsf8b2a95a.jpg
NewMikuTrainerCardFINALColorChange_zpsfdec298f.jpg

Miku's overworld sprite (with ASM palette hacking.. a bit of a pain) and Trainer Card pic. Intro hero sprite was also changed to Miku.

NewMikuTrainerHero2_zpsb109fe35.jpg

I plan on either making the Gym Leaders vocaloids, or the elite four... depends on which characters I end up using. Heck, I can just use Nintendo characters, like Link from Zelda.

Also, the stats are boosted temporarily for my own use, but once everything is complete, I will change the stats to proper stats. Oh, and the shiny encounter ASM hack might be changed again (to not force DVs) which could ruin the idea of trading them later.

If stats are forced to be 10/10/10/10, you are guaranteed to be able to trade a real shiny to another game.

I also plan on making new stats, including a multi-purpose evolution stone. In fact, all Pokemon will have to be evolved by this special stone, and you can even de-evolve them. Just an idea I have, I don't know how difficult it might be to find. I'll have to see when I get to hacking it.

I will also work on the storyline, I plan to change some intro dialogue first, then maybe I'll get some inspiration. It could be like a random comedy adventure involving some whimsical humor... I believe I already have an idea for the trainers who call you.

I also imported some music, I'm getting the hang of making good music once I import:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkC6v284Z9E

New Title Screen image:
EspeonTitle2_zps19340014.png

Titlescreen is still being tweaked due to the fact that Ho-oh has multiple tiles for the animation... some of it screws up, but I doubt I'll worry too much about it if it's not fixable.

I will have to fix it to make Espeon be able to learn Fly. It can also include a Pikachu that can learn Surf/Fly if anyone is wild about that idea.

Stats will be altered, including plans for a candy that de-levels Pokemon, which will be appropriately called "Bad Candy".

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
There was a previous bug with catching Trainer Pokemon (Falkner in this screenshot):
FalkingFalkner_zps874b94b0.png

Due to the fact that Trainers/Gym Leaders use a different script, the moves are not stored to the bank for when a Pokemon is captured...

So, with some writing-over some asm code, I inserted the procedure used from Wild Pokemon to Gym Leader/Trainer Pokemon when they are sent out, thus resulting in a clean write-to for skills/moves for capture:
FalknerPidgeotSkillsHACK_zps46214431.png

I had to overwrite some code to achieve this... the code I wrote over does not seem to impact the battle at all, in fact, the battles are successful after numerous tests (still need to do more).

Also, Gym Battles are officially repeatable.

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
I'll try it out after I'm done w/ PKMN:LC. Looks good, I don't play Pokemon Gold hacks much because that was the main game I played as a child, so I know every single thing that goes on.. but this is a little change. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Oh, don't expect everyone to want this, but I plan on making this a challenge with the level 100 cap lifted to 255.

For the starter, you can only pick the WORST Pokemon you can think of:
http://youtu.be/QP-bok4ZSfI

Back