• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Mr. Rogers Biggest scandel

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
It was a quiet day. Not much was happening other than the war in the land of Make-Believe. Howver... Mr. Rogers Innoccently flipped of all the children in the world.
Spoiler:
RIP Mr. Fred Mcfeely Rogers, the biggest scandal puller ever.
url

"I beg to differ."
Then beg paula. Then beg

Years
ok...wig. here's a fact check on that as well as other rumors about Mr. Rogers.

Images of Fred Rogers posing with one or both middle fingers extended have long been circulated on the Internet with captions claiming they captured the children's show host disdainfully "flipping off" his audience during the taping of the final Mister Rogers' Neighborhood episode. Although the pictures may appear puzzling out of context, they're actually screen captures from a harmless moment in 1967 when Fred Rogers led some youngsters through the familiar children's song "Where Is Thumbkin?," which is traditionally accompanied by participants' holding up the corresponding fingers as they are each named in the song

ANYWAY Mr. Rogers was a delightful fellow, and I thoroughly enjoyed the recent documentary on his life. I watched a lot of PBS as a kid at my grandmother's house bc she only got local channels. Did anyone else watch a lot of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood growing up?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Harmless flipping off, makes him even cooler in my eyes actually.

Last edited:

Taste of Tea

Hoenn confirmed
Years
I thought it was common sense that he wasn't flipping anyone off. Like, how could people think he could've done that on television in the 60's and gotten away with it?

Back