• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How Addicted Are You To X&Y?

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
Pokemon X&Y is an amazing game.. So much so that I pretty much stopped playing any other game on my 3DS since getting it with an exception of a little of Pokemon Black 2 to manage my Pokemon to get ready for the original Pokemon Bank release date only to have it canceled :|

However On Pokemon X, the version I have. According to my Save Screen, I have over 726 Hours total invested into this game! Most of it i can vouch was me actually using it. with an exception of what I estimate of about 30 hours or less spent leaving my game running overnight as I slept going in circles around the Prism Tower to level up 3 or 4 Pokemon in the Daycare.

The rest of the time I spent it mainly on Battle Spot doing Rotation and Triple Battles, and the rest on GTS to acquire the 708 Pokemon possible, and rest of the time spent doing random direct battles and also trades to get the remainder of the Event-Only Legendaries and some breeding.

Very little of my time invested was actually spent towards the game story itself, as I had started my Adventure, Beaten the Elite 4 and Champion, and completed all the Looker Missions, acquired all items, etc within 3-4 days of getting Pokemon X.

I'm Addicted.. I wake up, Start Playing, and play all the way until bed time on most days.. especially since right now I am between College Semesters and nothing to do (Full Time Student, no job, etc).

How about you? Are you addicted too :D? and what do you spend most of your time doing? Battling? Trading? Breeding? Chaining/Shiny Hunting?

audw.jpg

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I haven't been playing it much after I finished all there is to do in the main and post game. However I'm heavily addicted on the Gen III games right now (R/S/E & FR/LG).
I imagine when I do end up picking up X & Y again, I'll be trying to breed shinies with the masuda method and wonder trading, at the moment though I'm stuck in the past! xD

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
Years
I logged just under 170 hours game time before I started to get a little bored post game so I restarted just to do it all over again.
I'll admit I play it often, it isn't healthy but I love spending time wonder trading, playing with my Pokémon in Pokémon Amie or even chatting with other trainers via the PSS.
This time around I'm taking things slow, I've just logged over 40 hours and have only just received my Kanto starter :P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Honestly, I am not that addicted to it. Matter of fact, I haven't played it for around a week. Lately, I've been playing Black 2 just so I can get some Competitive Pokes (Uber Pokes for the most part) ready for the Bank when it is released (hopefully it's soon, because at this rate I may be done with Pokemon for a while, if it isn't released soon, as I'm EXTREMELY bored). I really wish the Post-Game had more variety & was much more fun. Honestly, I wish they had more Legendary Pokes in the game, as it would at-least provide me with some more entertainment. I haven't actually tried Poke-Amie, maybe I'll do that, eventually.

Edit: They should've had the legendary Dogs in this game too, it would've made a bit of sense with the legendary Birds

Oh yes, and that is some STACKED team you have there, I likey

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I only started my game in Y so I can't really say I've logged much time on it.But I can say it's addicting.It's been the only game in my 3DS for weeks. But I have 25 hours and one badge and only at Camphrier Town haha. I play it all the time , especially Pokemon Amie cause it's a good time killer on the buses home from school. But some might say I'm not addicted to it, but I still have really enjoyed the game so far! I have more than 500 hours in White so maybe that just shows how addicted to Pokemon games I am.:P

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I have over 300 hours of gameplay so you can tell by how addicted I am. But still, after the stories I have mostly been breeding and GTS trading. I could do the other online features if my internet isn't slower than a snail.(well, in terms of connecting to another player. ARRRGGGHHH!!! DX)

Years
I think I'm pretty addicted to mine to have nearly 445 hours logged since I have work and other life things to do on the side of the game. I also made my addiction go to a new level when I got a Y copy mainly to be able to change my region to get lots of pretty Vivillon patterns. I had them all already but they had lousy natures lol. It will be nice to have all of the Y exclusives too though and extra box space since Bank is taking ages to release and my boxes have been very full due to breeding lots :)

Years
The first 2 days I got the game, I was on it for 14-16 hours a day. LOL. I would wake up at like 2 or 3 PM and then play until 4-7 AM XD Yeah, it was addicting. Gotta catch 'em all and time waits for no one.

Years
Hm…I have 168 hours logged at this time. I have spent a lot of time breeding stuff, and done some Battle Maison as well. I also did two Monotypes, one of which was like 28 hours and I think the other was 18 or 23, I don't remember. And a Wedlocke attempt, which ended in 49 hours but me stopping. :(

But overall i'd say i've clocked around 300 hours between my main copy of X, Y and my secondary copy of X (which I picked up for fun challenge runs since I like its exclusives more than Y's).

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
I've been considering picking up a copy of Pokemon Y, or possibly if and when Pokemon Bank is released, transfer all my pokes into it, Wipe my save data, and restart my adventure on Pokemon X..

But if I save up ^.^ been considering possibly a used DS + a used Pokemon X/Y for the purpose of restarting my adventure and have a cloner O:

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
I'm pretty addicted. I've got a little over 240 hours on my X version at this point. I would have more but I restarted it after playing it for a few days straight when it first came out. :P

I'm addicted enough though that I bought myself a 2DS and Y at Christmas time though, which I've beat and then restarted (currently playing through a Favourites Challenge on it). So I probably have at least 300 hours under my belt between the two games and the restarts. :P

Years
Yeah you can say I love X/Y a lot, my current amount of play time clocked on my Trainer Card (which has one star, hence it's blue) is 489:51. It's mainly the training of my extra Pokemon, customization and Pokemon Amie that keeps me hooked.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Can't say that I'm very addicted to it. It was heaps of fun to play through but now that I've finished the main game, there's practically nothing to do. I'm sitting at 23 hours here which is pretty much nothing compared to you guys. I guess I'm not too interested in X/Y's postgame. XD

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I was very interested when I had first gotten my hands on the game, and would play it for about a total of four to five hours per day. Now that I'm done with its storyline, my interest's slowly starting to fade, unfortunately. I still play it, but not every day like I used to--only two - three times a week. There's nothing to do, really, aside from battling online, so I don't exactly see the point in playing anymore. d:

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
>was dying to get a copy
>rather boring postgame so it's gathering dust in a corner

id say if breeding wasnt easier this gen, i would have probably ditched it and restart the game after a few weeks but yea, when i got my copy of x, i completed in uh 3 days iirc. so ya p hooked onto it for the first few days but meh after i beat the elite 4.

Phangy

Master
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
I'm at about 300 hours total across 2 play throughs of x and part of one in y. I've been going though my PC boxes, cleaning up after a ton of wonder trading and building teams for other play throughs.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I played it a crap-ton at first (to the point where sometimes it was the only game I'd touch for days), but as of late I've played it very little. The post-game is kinda lacking, and I'm waiting on the PokeBank (hopefully it will be soon) before I complete the Kalos Dex, try the Battle Maison again, and do more Battle Spot.

Why am I waiting on the PokeBank for those things? I have a few pokes I'm gonna transfer from my Black 2 that'll help in completion of the Kalos Dex. I also have something like 80 or so pokes that I trained for competitive battle on my Black 2. I wanna hold off on the Battle Maison until I have my full army of Pokémon at my disposal, and hopefully I'll be able to beat it this time between those guys and the roughly 30 or so I bred and raised on my Y. As for the Battle Spot...I have several EV trained legendaries (including my Zekrom) that I really wanna use in battle, since you can finally use Uber legendaries in Wifi/Battle Spot battles. Zekrom hungers for battle.

...So yeah. And I currently have 228 hours on my Y.

LuminescentUmbreon

Eeveelution Trainer
Years
I'm becoming more addicted by the day since I'm getting into the more in depth mechanics of the game, like shiny hunting/breeding and competitive battling. So far I've logged around 140 hours since Christmas.

Years
I was insanely addicted when I had just gotten it and beat the story within six days of starting, which is pretty fast for me given how many other things I'd been doing at the time. But now I really only play when I feel an urge to breed more.. which isn't as often as before. I have around 255 hours in my game. :O

Back