• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What animes/manga are you guys into right now

Nes-One

Another Person Into Pokemon
Years
I'm guessing there are a lot of people are here that have watched the Pokemon anime and probably read the Pokemon adventures manga. But, like what other animes and manga that you guys like to watch and keep up on. I have a list of manga/anime that I try to keep up on myself like Beelzelbub, Initial D, Cage of Eden, etc.

trapincher

Rocket Executive
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
Well. Personally I LOVEE Bakuman. I've read the manga (bought it too) and watched the anime. It's the best thing I have ever come across. Hikaru no Go would be my other favorite.

The ones I'm watching now are Bakuman 3, Magi (my favorite new anime), BTOOOM!, Psycho-pass, Tonari, Zetsuen no Tempest, Polar Bear Cafe and Sukitte Ii na yo.

Nes-One

Years
I actually really like the Magi manga, I would've started watching magi from when it first aired but I actually want to let a few episodes pile up so I can watch it all at one. I really don't like watching 1 episode and having to wait a week for the next one.

trapincher

Rocket Executive
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
I actually really like the Magi manga, I would've started watching magi from when it first aired but I actually want to let a few episodes pile up so I can watch it all at one. I really don't like watching 1 episode and having to wait a week for the next one.

I know that feel. I was watching Best Wishes (which always get dubbed extremely late) and when the anime starts getting good... it turns out the next episode isn't subbed yet.
Pokemon subbers, why does it take you 3 weeks to sub one episode?!

EQUALSGAMER

Proud user of Garbodor
Years
Well when i was younger i LOVED Naruto I mean i knew all the characters names how to prenounce them, owned the cards, watched it every week, but when shippuden started i stopped liking it as much until about a month ago i found anime freak and started watching it all again. I also want to start watching one piece and cowboy bebop. One question i sort of remeber an anime about some really tan dude that used his nose hair to fight people and when i ask my friends they watch a TON of anime but never heard of anything like it so i ask you anime community was this real or am i going crazy?

Nes-One

Years
It's a little frustrating when they don't update a manga for more than a month with the next chapter and that's literally happened to me when I was reading Cage Of Eden, right when everything is suspenseful I reach the end of the chapter. It's such a drag.

trapincher

Rocket Executive
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
Especially when a chapter is only around 20 pages long. It's way to short to satisfy anything. :)

One question i sort of remeber an anime about some really tan dude that used his nose hair to fight people and when i ask my friends they watch a TON of anime but never heard of anything like it so i ask you anime community was this real or am i going crazy?
What...? Nose hair?

Nes-One

Years
I used to watch that anime when it used to show on cartoon network on saturday nights, it's probably the most random anime I've watched next to Fullmetal Panic Fumoffu.

%5BFull+Metal+Panic%5D+Bonta-kun+fires.png

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Too many to list so I'll just say I'm watching these and reading those.

Enjoying the Gintama and Hidamri Sketch sequels most. BTOOOM! and Busou Shinki aren't good at all but meh, I like them.

trapincher

Rocket Executive
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
Too many to list so I'll just say I'm watching these and reading those.

Enjoying the Gintama and Hidamri Sketch sequels most. BTOOOM! and Busou Shinki aren't good at all but meh, I like them.

What a nice theme. I think so too. BTOOOM! is just too unoriginal.
There have been too many Battle royales the past year (maybe more). The only ones I can think of now is Mirai Nikki and Deadman Wonderland but I'm sure I've watched more than that...
At first it's cool and all, but it starts getting boring after a while.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
I only try to keep up on my favourite ones or the ones I'm currently watching. The ones I'm currently into at the moment are Nakamura Shingiku's series (Junjou romantica, Sekaiichi Hatsukoi), Kuroko no Basket, K Project and Kill me baby.

Manga series... pretty much the same. Re-reading and keeping up with Nakamura's a long with Black Butler, Love Stage and Super Lovers!.

I wanted to keep on/ or up-to-date with future releases of other anime series too, like Hetalia, Seitokai no ichizon etc.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
For Animes, I am currently watching Sword Art Online and SKET Dance. I like funny animes and preferably slice of life, comedy, high school and all that funny stuff. That's why I love Daily Lives of High School Boys and one called Seitokai Yakuindomo, despite the latter being extremely disgusting/sexual themed, but very funny.

As for manga, I don't really read them.

Altomare

Purupuru!
Years
Not really watching any anime right now except for a few eps of best wishes, because I'm rather busy at school. Last anime I finished was Gundam Age, an interesting concept but because of the "3 generations" thing it somehow seems fastforwarded a bit, we never got a chance to know the other characters better.
Trying to make progress in the anime Battle spirits sword eyes. Seems a lot better than the previous BS series, Heroes, which I did not bother finishing.
As for other anime, a bunch of gundam, shakugan no shana 1/2/3, Tiger and Bunny.

Last manga I read except from special? volume 5 of Gundam ecole du ciel I picked up from boosale ( I don't even have the other volumes!)

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
What a nice theme. I think so too. BTOOOM! is just too unoriginal.
There have been too many Battle royales the past year (maybe more). The only ones I can think of now is Mirai Nikki and Deadman Wonderland but I'm sure I've watched more than that...
At first it's cool and all, but it starts getting boring after a while.

BTOOOM! really is a carbon copy of Battle Royale. Well I say carbon copy but BTOOOM! has awful characters.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Currently I'm watching:

Sword Art: Online, Ixion Saga DT, Magi, Naruto, Fairy Tail and... whatever else to fill my time :P.

trapincher

Rocket Executive
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
BTOOOM! really is a carbon copy of Battle Royale. Well I say carbon copy but BTOOOM! has awful characters.

The characters sorta reminded me of Death Note. heh (Light and Misa). But I completely forgot that they had to do the same thing in BR and escaped together in the end. (which would probably happen in BTOOOM too)

Currently I'm watching:

Sword Art: Online, Ixion Saga DT, Magi, Naruto, Fairy Tail and... whatever else to fill my time :P.

I love Magi. It fills me with happiness every time I watch it.

Nes-One

Years
Trapincher, a new chapter of the Magi manga came out yesterday, if you're into the manga.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
Manga: Absoulte Girlfriend, Hikaru No Go, My Boyfriend Is a Vampire, Lucky Star, Beck and Lucky Star Pocket Travelers.

Anime: Lucky Star, Honey Clover, One Piece, Case Closed, Beck, and Prince of Tennis

trapincher

Rocket Executive
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
Trapincher, a new chapter of the Magi manga came out yesterday, if you're into the manga.

Hmm..I'll try to read it tomorrow, since I have a day off from school.
The only Mangas I've read were Bakuman, Bloody Monday, Beck, Kuroko's Basket and KHR.
It's so much harder to get into mangas (even though they're usually so good).

Back