• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Mega Evolution confirmed for Let's Go - what are your thoughts on this?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
So according to the recent leaks, Mega Evolution has been confirmed for Let's Go, and Lt. Surge has been confirmed to once again be maining Vermilion Gym. However, nothing really has been said about whether there will be more megas, whether they'll just recycle the current ones, or if they might just sideline it for Z-Moves, like in SM and USUM.

What are your thoughts?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Not too surprised, given it's still using the gen 7 engine fair sure, just... on the Switch.

Z-Moves is another matter; wouldn't be surprised if that is kept out of this title.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
What mostly grabs my attention me here is the fact that Jessie and James are making their return to the games. Though I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised, it's kind of a Yellow remake in some ways after all.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
What mostly grabs my attention me here is the fact that Jessie and James are making their return to the games. Though I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised, it's kind of a Yellow remake in some ways after all.

Well yeah if it?s based on Yellow, then Jessie and James will be involved and Lt.Surge will only have a Raichu(and a tough one at that). Question will be what Pokemon Erika, Koga and Sabrina have. Will Erika have Gloom as her Ace? What about Koga and having a team full of Venonats or will he be similar to Red/Blue? Will Sabrina exclusively have the Abra line(including Mega Alakazam!)? In other words, what Pokemon(and moves) will the Gym Leaders have?

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
This will definitely shake things up, especially if we get new Mega Pokemon. This would be the perfect time to add more Megas. Especially with character's like Lance's go to pokemon has got retrade marked.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
This will definitely shake things up, especially if we get new Mega Pokemon. This would be the perfect time to add more Megas. Especially with character's like Lance's go to pokemon has got retrade marked.

May suggest Gym Leader rematches(something that isn?t available in Yellow) wherein Brock(Mega Steelix... ffs just give us Steelix already you lazy **** GF), Misty(Mega Gyrados), Lt.Surge(um... which Electric gets a Mega?), Erika(Mega Victreebel?), Koga(Mega Venomoth?), Sabrina(already mentioned), Blaine(Mega Charizard?) and Giovanni(Mega Rhyperior(see Brock regarding future Evolutions)).

Lorelei(Mega Slowbro)
Bruno(Mega Machamp)
Agatha(Mega Gengar)
Lance(Mega Aerodactyl or Dragonite)

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Cool. Let me guess, they hand us a freebie mega as well? And we can't progress without it? Like in XY

Years
I kinda expected to have Megas in the game, given that in Pok?mon Origins (SPOILERS AHEAD), Red gets Charizardite X from Mr. Fuji after rescuing him from Team Rocket. I guess Mr. Fuji could give players Mega Stone for their starters in these games.

But this also brings out the question if some Mega Stones will be version exclusives like in previous games.
And I hope they won't be giving out free Pok?mon with Mega Stone as part of the story as in XY too or lock most of the stones to the post game.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Blaine(Mega Charizard?))

Based on Blaine's previous teams, it doesn't seem likely that Charizard will be shoehorned onto it just because he needs a mega. I have a feeling they'll probably create the much-requested Mega Arcanine and tie it to him, because it's one of his signature mons. Alternatively they could give us a Mega Rapidash and call it there.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Based on Blaine's previous teams, it doesn't seem likely that Charizard will be shoehorned onto it just because he needs a mega. I have a feeling they'll probably create the much-requested Mega Arcanine and tie it to him, because it's one of his signature mons. Alternatively they could give us a Mega Rapidash and call it there.

Alternatively they can do Mega Magmortar seeing as Magmar was his Anime's signature Pokemon. Remember they're somewhat basing this on Yellow version which has ties to the Anime. The only issue with Magmortar is that Magmortar isn't a "Kanto" Pokemon as it wasn't introduced until Generation IV. Still you might be right about Mega Arcanine as its his ace in Red/Blue/Yellow.

TallysTown

TallysTown
Years
If there are new megas in the game and say for example the elite four all have a mega of their own. What do you guys think of the idea of Lorelei having a different mega based on the version you're playing. In Pok?mon Yellow she had two lvl 56 pokemon (jynx and lapras). So what if in Let's Go Pikachu, she had a mega jynx and in Let's Go Eevee, she had a mega lapras. That way you wouldn't technically have the type advantage over her if you started out with a Pikachu. Thoughts?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
If there are new megas in the game and say for example the elite four all have a mega of their own. What do you guys think of the idea of Lorelei having a different mega based on the version you're playing. In Pok?mon Yellow she had two lvl 56 pokemon (jynx and lapras). So what if in Let's Go Pikachu, she had a mega jynx and in Let's Go Eevee, she had a mega lapras. That way you wouldn't technically have the type advantage over her if you started out with a Pikachu. Thoughts?

Different Mega's is intriguing but I'm a Yellow veteran and Lorelei's Jynx is frankly nothing to worry about if you did either of the following: 1) Used Double Team x 6 well before facing it(wherein the lack of x2 Electric STAB won't matter a whole lot when its unlikely to hit you) or 2) Swapping out to a Fire/Dark(they'll exist this time), Jolteon(Pin Missile) or Ghost Type(Ghost will actually work too). Even if its Lapras, Double Team will make it all the more difficult for her to beat you and if necessary, a Fighting Type or Steel Type(*cough Alolan Sandslash will OWN HER cough*). The key is getting the luck or time to maximize your Evasion which is made all the more harder if abilities exist(Dewgong can't be put to sleep when its Raining).

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
As these are on the Gen 7 engine I think it would work if Alolan Forms were in the games even if it is just for Gym Leaders/Elite 4. Lorelei having an Alolan Ninetales as her main Pokemon makes a lot of sense for example.

Version differences could affect affect Gym Leader teams. Erika could have Tangela, Weepinbell, Vileplume in Let's Go Pikachu and Tangela, Gloom, Victreebell in Let's Go Eevee.

Megas in the game is good. Hopefully it is not restricted to Kanto Pokemon.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
As these are on the Gen 7 engine I think it would work if Alolan Forms were in the games even if it is just for Gym Leaders/Elite 4. Lorelei having an Alolan Ninetales as her main Pokemon makes a lot of sense for example.

Version differences could affect affect Gym Leader teams. Erika could have Tangela, Weepinbell, Vileplume in Let's Go Pikachu and Tangela, Gloom, Victreebell in Let's Go Eevee.

Megas in the game is good. Hopefully it is not restricted to Kanto Pokemon.

Version exclusives don't affect Gym Leaders/Elite Four Teams. Erika had Vileplume and Victreebel in both Red and Blue versions(wherein Oddish was only catchable in Red and Bellsprout in Blue). Meaning if they're in the Pokedex, they're available for use by the Gym Leaders and Elite Four trainers. The idea of changing things by version is intriguing though(kind of like facing Drayden in Black but Iris in White. Their teams were identical if memory serves me correctly however).

lowkey1202

Unofficial Game Tester
Years
  • Age 11
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Personal don't care for mega , legit haven't played any Pokemon game since pokemon heartgold and soulsilver , so most likely won't new playing this

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I actually wasn't expecting the return of megas. I probably won't use mega evolution when/if I get these games...

I can see, hopefully at least one or two new Kanto megas, but not many, (and probably none of ones that got Alola forms, but that's a given.)

Z moves being sidelined is fine. They felt very Alolan to begin with--don't really expect Kanto to have them.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
If new Mega's are added, who would get them?

For me, here's who I'd be looking at for Mega's

1) Dragonite <- Lance's signature Pokemon and frankly its about time. Other Dragon types have gotten Mega's so why not this one?
2) Butterfree <- Beedrill has had one so why not the other worm Pokemon we can catch in Viridian Forest?
3) Alolan Sandslash/Ninetales <- being that they're version exclusives possibly points to them having a Mega as well. Whether it will also apply to their Kanto counterparts, I doubt it
4) Arcanine <- popular Fire Type and Blaine's Ace
5) Persian <- Seems weird that this Cat Pokemon can't Mega Evolve when its the signature Pokemon of Giovanni and Team Rocket.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
Absolutely love this news, and really hoping they add new Megas but I won't hold my breath. Gen VII left me really disappointed, and USUM just worsened it. I'm not expecting much since I feel if they had more to announce, they would have done so by now - especially since the games are releasing in 3 months - but if they did add new Megas I'd love these games a hell of a lot more.

Back