• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help Request] Sorella Isles : Story, Characters and World-building

Hello! I don't really know where I should start with this, but if should anyone be interested in creating a story together and pitching ideas back and forth that would be lovely. I have a draft ready which is prone to all sort of changes. I haven't really figured things and most ideas are still cliché and or underbaked.

Don't hesitate to ask any and every question: I'm sure a lot of points are still unclear and confusing and I'm sure I forgot things to make this coherent and actually readable, but since I'm insane and this is 3000+ words I'll just... fix it tomorrow. All spoiler tagged, for your convinience. Hope it makes for an interesting read. All future edits are due to grammar errors and minor fixes.

WORLD AND OVERVIEW:
Spoiler:

TEAMS & ORGANISATIONS:
Spoiler:

ANTAGONISTS IDEAS:
Quick rundown, Hubert is Rose's grand-father. Isaac is her biological son, Tess & Maya are "adopted". Emerson is Isaac's biological father and Hubert's step-grandson. Mitchie is Isaac's pseudo-guardian of sort in that she's the only one actually there to care for him and the closest thing to a parental figure. She's a friend of Rose and her husband. It's complicated, but I'll gladly explain any detail if this is confusing (which I'm sure it is). Vidale and Sonya are also mentioned in Isaac's bio but I'll make a seperate comment for protagonists.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
SUPPORTING CAST:
(those are the possible protagonists I talked about. Everyone including roleplayers would have their own story act and plot-points: more than one conflict can be going on at the same time.)
VIDALE DURAND:
Spoiler:

SONYA TORRES:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
I guess I should clearly establish some information first. Then I'll explain possible methods of roleplaying, mostly depending on how many players there are.

WHERE: The RP can take place in many regions at the same time, but the focus will be the newly found Archipelago in-between Hoenn, Unova and Kanto. For now, its place-holder name is Sorella. The inspiration behind it is Haida Gwaii and the fictional Island of Turii in The Epic of Zektbach. It isn't a replica of either place, but rather a brand-new fictional one which I strongly encourage the players to enrich with their own vision. Ideas for common and pokemon found there could be: whales, dolphins, porpoise, bears, crabs and salmon.

"The islands are home to the Ta'an Forest, with a wide variety of large endemic trees, including the Sitka spruce, western red cedar, yellow cedar (Nootka cypress), shore pine, western hemlock, mountain hemlock, and red alder. The Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands[41] describes plants from the islands.

From the spring of 1996 until November 30, 1997, a popular attraction for tourists to the islands was a male albino white raven."

Turii Island:
Spoiler:

Haida Gwaii
Spoiler:

There IS something strange to the Islands. Their biome changes. Rarely yet sporadically. At intervals of roughly 2-5 months, you could raise your head to find yourself in a totally different biome or Island in the blink of an eye. That would have to do with it's legendary beast(s).

WHEN: The story takes place after ORAS and the Primal disaster, meaning Primal Reversion and Mega Evolution exist. So alternative Ruby/Saph./Emerald takes place. 3 years later, Ethan/Lyra defeats Team Rocket and it's everywhere on the news. In the meantime, Team Galatic's plans to nuke the entire universe is ready to unfold and a new region just got discovered.

WHY: You may not be surprised but the main themes are power, nature, boundaries and discovery. I'd argue the time is more important than the place due to plot and character backstories. The regional Professor's fields of research are legendaries and Primal forms. One of the main legendaries is
Spoiler:

The antagonists wish to subjugate pokemon out of fear, especially strong ones. After the rediscovery of Primal Kyogre and Groudon, many lives were lost, and Team activity is only the rise. To that end, a handful of Human Chimeras were created and raised by their organisation. Though it seems cruel and unnecessary and the project was later aborted, it's primary focus was to create beings strong and cunning enough to defeat rampaging Legendaries and the upcoming Ultra Beasts threat, whose's signals have already been detected 6-7 years sooner their inital arrival in Sun&Moon, which is commonly believed to take place 10 years after Red & Blue.

WHO: Already established characters are:
- Professor [Epicéa/Maple] & Assistants [???] & [???]
- Side protagonists Vidale & Sonya
- Likely rivals Maya & Isaac
- Antagonists Hubert, Rose, Tess
- Minor characters Emerson, Mitchie, Eleonore, Mark, Lea, Stephane, Lina, Lewis & Matt, Martha

WHAT: There are some assossiations you could join starting in. The Professor has assembled a team of researcher and field assistants to explore the new region and discover its secrets. An unknown person apparently created a vigiliante Taskforce divided in two factions: rangers geared toward the protection of nature and trainers hunting gang activity like some sort of police force . And lastly Team [I have no clue] the science radicalist group.

So this is the base outline, ready to be torn apart and modified. I'm not satisfyied with the world-building, I find it almost non-existent, and the evil science team is pretty basic. I like some characters, and others I don't. (Too) many conflicts are going on at the same time. Team Galactic is on the rise in Sinnoh, left-over Team Magma/Aqua members are roaming Hoenn while the region is picking itself together, Ultra Beasts are threatening to crash course with this dimension, yadda yadda. I know I'll need suggestions if this story is to be any creative, whether it changes altogether or not. I mainly want to focus on the Archipelago, creating new lore and a familiar yet oddly outlandish environment.

Should there be more than 5 players including myself, we could use Roll20 or Pokerole in conjunction with the forum.

Last edited:
Back