• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon...Johto?

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
This isnt really a game but I'll treat like it is a game (it is kinda) so you can find all the stuff in here when Im finished instead of filling up the recourses.
For anyone who doesnt know what this is, this is just a project of mine to redo all the Johto projects for anyone who wants to use them in their games and stuff.

New Bark Town:
NewBarkTown.png

I did Violet city again! Weee:
violetcity.png

Heroes: (theyr not in rm2k3 charset mode)
goldandcrystal.bmp

Credit to Vincent for some of the buildings

Screenshot:
sudowoodo.png

Newbarkhoho.png

Buildings:
The lighthouse with that gym leader girl (havent played in ages)
I made it just like the official one.
amphy.png

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
They look totally awesome! It is so cool to see a Pokemon game without Nintendo's graphics. I think, though, that it would be better if you made it into a game yourself. If not then it would be more useful to release chipsets instead of maps.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Yeah Its just I know barely nothing about coding, and the fact that Its being made in rmxp, I guess I could release THE chipset (its all in one chipset XD) for it but anyway those arent the maps Im handing out, at the end I will probably release a zip file with all the maps, either in chipsets or Ill try find another way like sprite sheets, depend on what the people want lol.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
The houses look much better than the previous ones. I'm iffy on how the gym looks.

@ RM2K3guy: LOL, once I saw the new HD banner, I was gonna say the same thing. You beat me to it. :)

EDIT- I just noticed the grass(the one where all wild pokemon are found). It doesn't look as nice as all the custom graphics around it. I suggest either adding in the FR/LG grass graphics or just create another custom set.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
It looks better in-game, and I dont want to change the whole atmosphere the games created...and theres not much other way to make them in such limited space...but I guess I could try...

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
I agree with the Grass thing. The Grass where you find Pokemon is not so cool. Also, could you darken the tone of the Regular grass, its almost Blinding!

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
Cool stuff. You should make a game yourself. Since you don't know how to code, find someone that is willing to do it for you. I would if it were RM2K3 at least try but I've never used RMXP at all.

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
Years
I use rpg maker xp so i suppose i can help :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
can you stop complaining about my tiles? Not only does it discourage me but It makes my feel like my work isnt valued, I decided to make these maps for the public cos people always want to have johto in their games, I cant make it seem perfect for everyone, I dont mean to be rude but youre just gonna have to put up with it, I dont like some of the official tiles but I can live with it, its better than some shoddy johto with lame sprites =\
Oh and thanks about the support and trying to help with the coding, maybe Ill just give the game to a group of people when I finish the graphic work or something

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
Years
Kyle they are just giving their opinions.
They are allowed to have them.
I think it looks go hailainn(Irish for beautifull).

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I know but theres a difference between giving an opinion and ordering someone to change something because you dont like it yourself
Thanks Booda, Col is looking great too, its nice to see it coming together

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
It's just constructive criticism. They're telling you how they think it can be improved it doesn't mean you have to agree with them. Like I said in the first post, I think it is great, the forestry all blends so well together and I just adore the buildings.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Yeah I know that, it just bothers me when people tell me I have to change things because they want it to, dont mean to sound moany had a bad day XD

Years
They were giving advice because they thought you wanted it to look nice.
It's not at all like they were ordering you to do anything, they said it as nicely as they could..
DMMP said:
I agree with the Grass thing. The Grass where you find Pokemon is not so cool. Also, could you darken the tone of the Regular grass, its almost Blinding!
No need to over-react Kyle..

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I know I know Im sorry!!!...bleh
Lol ignore what I said before, thanks for all the comments!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, those screens look fab-u-lous! (bart in the simpsons) I really admire your skills.

Back