• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help for Battle Subway (Super Single)

Years
I've been trying to get through the Super Single Train, but seem to be struggling. If you could provide any advice on my team, it is welcomed.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly|Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
-Ice Fang
-Poison Jab
-Earthquake
-Sandstorm

Its main use is to set up Excadrill with sandstorm, but can also take a few hits and deal some damage to some of the less offensive based Pokemon.

Excadrill @ Brightpowder
Naive|Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-Swords Dance
-Rock Slide
-X-Scissor
-Earthquake

With Sandstorm, it can outrun about 90% of Pokemon, and with a Swords Dance in use, it can one or two hit almost anything in its path.

Alakazam @ Wide Lens
Modest|Synchronize
EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp.Defense
-Psyshock
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast

Wide Lens is to make Focus Blast able to hit those pesky Dark and Steel types, and Psyshock can hit those with high Special Defense pretty hard.

Darmanitan @ King's Rock
Adamant|Sheer Force
-U-Turn
-Fire Punch
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

Very useful to lead the team as it can easily get out and deal a bit of damage with U-Turn, but also does insane damage with the other 3 attacks with Sheer Force +200 Attack at Lv50.

Swampert @ Shell Bell
Impish|Torrent
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Attack
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Brick Break
-Avalanche

It's impressively bulky, can switch into almost anything that doesn't have a grass type move and can hit hard with Earthquake and Waterfall, and even Avalanche because it goes second most of the time.

Weavile @ Expert Belt
Adamant|Pressure
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash
-Brick Break
-Aerial Ace

Covers almost every type, and also outruns almost anything that comes for it, hitting harder than usual with its awesome Attack and powered by the Expert Belt.

I know I listed six Pokemon here, but that's because they're my best and I don't know which three to take with me. Please help out if you can and all advice will be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
The battle subway is hard in the sense that when the computer knows your mon it starts to set up Pokemon to counter them that's why you see a lot of the same trainers use the same mons. The goal is to have Pokemon that are fast and can knock out most pokes in 1 or 2 hits. Alakazam and weavile and darmanitan I can see getting you far although they are about as bulky as wet tissue paper so they can't take many hits..items Are a bit tricky.. Maybe life orb on alakazam, muscle band on darmanitan..

Years
I tend to do best with the team of Darmanitan, Weavile and Alakazam/Swampert, but if I go up against a Pokemon I can't fight, it's tough switching out because Alakazam and Weavile can't take any hits.

Years
I tend to do best with the team of Darmanitan, Weavile and Alakazam/Swampert, but if I go up against a Pokemon I can't fight, it's tough switching out because Alakazam and Weavile can't take any hits.

Yeah I figured that, it's tough because for Ex. You send out all 3 pokes in the first match the computer knows your team and will attempt to counter it. A strong lead is a mixed Infernape in my experience he is faster than a lot of pokes and hits for decent damage and has great coverage I got far with him leading, I think I had multi scale Dragonite, and Gengar as the other two and they worked well for me.

Years
Yeah, I'm currently trying to get enough for the last Power items so I can EV train easier, I just don't manage an entire set white often. I managed one just before, leading with Darmanitan because it could U-Turn to Swampert if necessary and seems to be an effective strategy.

Years
Your darmanitan team is goid in coverage and in offense, but I believe that the reason why your first team isnisn't winning is because your whole goal is to set up excadrill. He is the pivot of your team but you.re setting him up wrong. I built this sandstorm team e while ago, and it has worked wonders with me.
Tyranitar
rock polish
Earthquake
Stone edge
Crunch

Flygon
Dragon tail
Thunder wave
Thunderpunch
Uturn

Garchomp
Sword dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire fang
Its a simple set up and sweep team. Tyranitar goes in doubles in speed and 2hko's most apponents after he dies dragonite induces paralisis and phases the other pokemon. Thus paving tge way for a sword dancing garchomp.

For your excadrill I'd advise you to get a scizor and a tyranitar. it should end up like so:
Scizor: sword dance/ Arial ace/ Bullet punch/ baton pass
Tyranitar: rock polish/ stone edge/ crunch/some thing for type coverage
Excadrill rockslide/ Earth quake/ x-scissor/ sword dance/ iron head

Scizor can baton pass a sword dance to either tyranitar or excadrill. I prefer tyranitar so sand stream comes in play asap(and to save the best for last) after recieving a sword dance make tyranitar use rock polish and win!!! If he dies then baton pass as many sword dances to the sand devil as you want cause scizor will have added sp. Defence in a sandstorm. So with excadrill you can remove sword dance and replace it with something else or keep it jst in case baton pass fails. oh and scizor can naje a decent sweeper with technician. His arial ace will double to 120 his bullet punch will also double, back those moves with a sword dance and bam!!

If the 2 replacements are out of the question then let me suggest this instead: teach acrobatics to gliscor

Replace alakazam with a sand streamer

Gliscor with a fly gem and acrobatics will hit hard, you can probably go as far asvto teach him sword dance. Hevis bulky enough to set up and after one sword dance STAB earthquaje will do major damage. Acrobatics will akso be goid caus of gliscor type and it also hits grass so your sand streamer will be protected.

Last edited:
Back