• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Regirock, Regice, Registeel

Regirock, Regice, Registeel

• Regirock

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Regice

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Registeel

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Which one of these three do you like the best? I like Regice the best out of the three not only because of the way it looks but because of its cry sounds like a bird of some sort I think its really cool.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I have to go with Regice because it looks cool (pun not intended, but noted). Actually, I might go as far as to say it's one of the coolest looking Pokemon imo. I mean, Regirock looks like a rock golem, and Registeel looks like a robot. We've all seen those before. But Regice looks like...something else. It's mysterious as heck.

And like you said, that cry is awesome. It sounds like a death laser.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In terms of design, it's definitely gotta be Regice. To me, its crystal-like body looks absolutely beautiful. :] Battling-wise, it's probably Registeel. With 150 base defensive stats, it could make a great mixed-wall.

Years
Yeah, mine is probably Regice as well. It has my favorite cry of the three, and I do like Ice-type Pokémon myself. Not to mention it's the only one i've actually used in any of my RS playthroughs.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
I am not thr biggest fan of the regi family, but i suppose regice is my favorite among them. Maybe because its looks shiny?

images

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Design-wise, Regice definitely takes the cake. It just feels like it's the one who had the most thought and effort put into its design, and adding all the little details, the beautiful blue colours and the overall awesome design choice together, it's something that's hard to be. At least between the 3 of them. I feel like all of them are pretty creative though :p

As for which one's actually my favourite, I'd have to go with Regirock. I've never really had that many experiences with the regis, though I've always favored Regirock out the three. I've just generally liked it more in battle, and when it came to capturing the three, Regirock was always the most persistent. Took loads of tries to catch, and it was always really great at taking out my Pokemon. So yeah, while I hate it for taking so lang to capture each time, I definitely still love it for the challenge it posed.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Regice, because...what can I say? It's cool and for some reason it has this "thing" that attaches me to it more than the other golems do. :)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I dont really care much for the regis, but my favorite out of them would have to be Regice. It has a nice design and theres just something about a huge ice cube being a Pokemon :D

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
Simplicity wins every time. Regice wins. Keepin it simple since Gen III

Edit:

Here's why Regice wins...
Prior to gen. 3 the only very strong ice and rock types were Articuno and Golem/Rhydon, respectively. Steel type didn't even exist (maybe? correct me here if i'm wrong). Articuno and Golem/Rhydon have obvious weaknesses. I believe Regice was the first and only pure ice-type introduced at the time, making it massively appealing to every gen. 1 player who had it out for Lance and his dragons subsequent to finding out Articuno's ice beam could rape Lance's team. Regice = Revenge on Lance's excessively strong dragon team in gen. 1.

Last edited:

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
... Well, this is apparently not a popular opinion, but my favorite is Registeel. Mainly because I remember battling it with my friend and both of us marveled at its defense, able to take pretty much anything we could dish out.

But, my own life's history aside, I like it because it's a Steel-type legend. Up to that point, one did not exist and that's pretty cool. Now there's Registeel, Dialga, Heatran, Arceus (if you count that), and Coballion. But back in the days when I got Sapphire, these Pokemon didn't exist and that Pokemon was the only legend that was Steel so far. I guess I could say that about Regirock as well, but I just don't like its design as much. XD

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I've always loved all three of them and they all make great walls when used at the right time. but Registeel forever and always be the coolest-looking of the three in my opinion. he fact that it's the one with the balanced stats makes it the most usefule competitively as well. :D

Years
Regiiisteeeeellll!!! I really liked all of them but Registeel would be my favorite if only for nostalgia's sake. ( poor regirock, he's nobody's favorite...)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 20, 2017
Registeel first one I caught when I was a kid and the coolest looking one in my opinion

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
I've always liked Registeels design the best, with Regirock second and Regice third. They are all awesome Pokemon don't get me wrong, but I never understood the overall mainstream appeal of Regice. He looks like a tough Pokemon and ice isn't a super common type so it's nice to have more of them, but he also looks like he doesn't have a big range of motion. Like a T-Rex not being able to grab anything because of its little arms. Regirock on the other hand has long rock arms that look like they could be used as perfect clubs. Finally Registeel has a metal body and looks just as tough as the other two, but has more human type hands that can have much more precision. He also looks like he could be very quick on his feet.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I voted for Regice too, because it's the coolest and the cutest of the three in my opinion.

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
Years
Regice is my favorite of the three. Its design is so out of place and its cry is so weird, its awesome!

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I found Regice to be the easiest to catch of the 3. It's design looks more Crystal-like, clearly the best designed of the 3.

Back