• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon World Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I moved this to Plot and Story because you don't really have any screenshots and the video you have instead is private and cannot be viewed unless you have your account on your friends list on Youtube.
Fix this. Then you can PM me and I'll move it back.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
Hey FMP you finally made the thread and I hope you fix the vid soon even though I have alread seen it.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Sorry I guess I forgot to update a few things last night, well it's all fixed and ready to go ;) Thanks.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
To be honest...when I first read the thread title I thought this was going to be bad.

This is the awsomest thing I've seen since Platinum. I have to say: IT's BRILLIANT. I love the battle system and the way the map is set out. You and Sakagami Tomoya are very gifted spriters and I just love the way this game looks. I wish you the best of luck for the progression of this game and I'm sure it has a big future.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Is it just me, or are you using some systems from Pokémon Essentials? That text box and font look familiar...

Anyway, it looks pretty good so far. I like the battle system, though the player's sprite being so small compared to the enemy's bothers me a bit...
The Kidomon sprite isn't bad. However, it's not quite in the style of the other Digimon sprites. Firstly, it's a bit too big. You should probably shrink it down a bit. Secondly, the outlining and shading styles are wrong. The outline should be a lot more anti-aliased; it looks really jagged compared to the official sprites. The shading on it is too simple compared to the official sprites; as an example, look at how shading is used to give a 3D look to Veemon's fist and 'ears'. Finally, Kidomon's eye looks completely different than in the art; if it was fixed to look more similar, it would make the sprite a lot better.
The player sprites are better. However, like Kidomon, they need a lot more anti-aliasing to make them fit in. The shading on the male character's sleeves is also off; they look very pillow-shaded. Otherwise, they're pretty good.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Im not really a fan of digimon but.........
This looks great FMP I really cant wait till this is out
(Not trying to sound all noobish)
I also really like the css coding and when I was watching the video I probaly couldn't tell if its a real or fake game

<~F.M.P~>

Years
I really loved digimon..i cannot wait for this GAME to finish..good luck with this...
This hack is nothing but amazing..the storyline is awesome...
love the screenshots...
This is just WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Words cannot described

LOL well thank you very much I'm glad you like this far

To be honest...when I first read the thread title I thought this was going to be bad.

This is the awsomest thing I've seen since Platinum. I have to say: IT's BRILLIANT. I love the battle system and the way the map is set out. You and Sakagami Tomoya are very gifted spriters and I just love the way this game looks. I wish you the best of luck for the progression of this game and I'm sure it has a big future.

Thank you very much, I really hope it excels and I hope you're here to see it progress.

Is it just me, or are you using some systems from Pokémon Essentials? That text box and font look familiar...

Anyway, it looks pretty good so far. I like the battle system, though the player's sprite being so small compared to the enemy's bothers me a bit...
The Kidomon sprite isn't bad. However, it's not quite in the style of the other Digimon sprites. Firstly, it's a bit too big. You should probably shrink it down a bit. Secondly, the outlining and shading styles are wrong. The outline should be a lot more anti-aliased; it looks really jagged compared to the official sprites. The shading on it is too simple compared to the official sprites; as an example, look at how shading is used to give a 3D look to Veemon's fist and 'ears'. Finally, Kidomon's eye looks completely different than in the art; if it was fixed to look more similar, it would make the sprite a lot better.
The player sprites are better. However, like Kidomon, they need a lot more anti-aliasing to make them fit in. The shading on the male character's sleeves is also off; they look very pillow-shaded. Otherwise, they're pretty good.

Ah thank you for the constructive crit Wichu and yes The message box system is from essentials but is subject to change to match the DS style. I'm glad you like the battle system I guess I should also explain why the heroes Digimon is smaller than the enemy. The heroes Digimon is basically like a hologram of the actual Digimon on your D-Scanner. I decided to go with this because making backsprites of the Digimin would copy Pokemons style way to much. That Kidomon sprite is actually just a bigger version of the one that will go in-game I'll show you the actual sprite later on ;) Ill also work on the Hero and heroines sprite this week to try and perfect them.

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
Years
Awsome a digimon game, i was only yesterday i was wondering if there will be one here (not counting the two that died out a while ago,

And you've met my expectations, But one question can you please make gaiomon someones mega form as hes my fave. lol,

Anyways good luck, I'll be adding a banner after this post (>^.^)> (^_^) <(^.^<)

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I loved the Digimon World games for the DS and you've done a good job it making it look and feel like the official games.
Good job so far and I wanted to wish you some luck to. I'm Irish, and I think I do have the "luck of the Irish" so ya can have some of mine.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Interesting..
I had never gotten into Digimon and i know nothing of it.
Maybe i can learn from this game =)

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Looks amazing FMP, I'm really looking forward to future updates of this project! I wish you and your whole team luck!

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
I have never played digimon but, if a game looks this good that will not stop me.
I can't wait to play it.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
I have never played digimon but, if a game looks this good that will not stop me.
I can't wait to play it.

Thank you Very Much Ty ;)

Looks amazing FMP, I'm really looking forward to future updates of this project! I wish you and your whole team luck!

Thank you Yuoaman! We'll exceed expectations for all.

Interesting..
I had never gotten into Digimon and i know nothing of it.
Maybe i can learn from this game =)

lol I hope so too Blazers. It's actually quite a fun concept. Watch a few episodes one day ;)

I loved the Digimon World games for the DS and you've done a good job it making it look and feel like the official games.
Good job so far and I wanted to wish you some luck to. I'm Irish, and I think I do have the "luck of the Irish" so ya can have some of mine.

Thank you Neo It'll get better over time ;) and I really appreciate your luck donation lol

Awsome a digimon game, i was only yesterday i was wondering if there will be one here (not counting the two that died out a while ago,

And you've met my expectations, But one question can you please make gaiomon someones mega form as hes my fave. lol,

Anyways good luck, I'll be adding a banner after this post (>^.^)> (^_^) <(^.^<)

lol Thank you and Gaiomon huh? We'll see ;) and this game will not die out...I can guarentee that :)

Im not really a fan of digimon but.........
This looks great FMP I really cant wait till this is out
(Not trying to sound all noobish)
I also really like the css coding and when I was watching the video I probaly couldn't tell if its a real or fake game

I'm really sorry I didn't add your comment in on my first reply HFI...I hope you become a fan of Digimon like m...RYU XD you know what I mean Ryu ;) Thank you the CSS coding is all thanks to El(Likewise) and Really? That means we've done our job, but I plan on improving the battle system after the first update :)

Note: The first update will introduce some of the games main characters as well as a few worst case scenarios the hero/herione encounters, new Digi-fakes, and tiles.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
aww guyz y didnt yall tell me about this earlier, so this is wat yall been planning. have to say its alot more impressive now then the game was before

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021

lol sorry about that lol.

Anyway this looks great guys Keep it up!

<~F.M.P~>

Years

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
Years
lol sorry about that lol.

Anyway this looks great guys Keep it up!

Dont worry about it, Your new game is good,

Anyway, i have a question, How do you obtain a new digimon if you are doing that sort of thing in this?

And about Gaiomon, if you do add him you could put him in any Agumon related digimon because Although his name lacks the prefix Grey, he is still a part of the Greymon-family as stated in his Japanese profile. So in other words he could be from Either Agumon, BlkAgumon, IceAgumon/SnowAgumon, ToyAgumon or BlkToyAgumo, BigAgumon

And About the Digi-fakes, Are we expecting anything good, and new or X-Digimon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back