• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Pearl Advanced

Years
Hello everyone, i'm back with a new Pok?mon game called Pok?mon Pearl Advanced. Yes, I know in the past my games were always canceled but this game will not be canceled. They all got canceled before because I wasn't that experienced in either Rom Editing or RM2K3 but I learned more about RM2K3 then got more interested in it so I went and learned more. Then after, I learned about RMXP and that is what I am making Pok?mon Pearl Advanced with. Also, the progress of this game will go slowly since I am working on a game maker in Ruby scripting. Anyway I know I talked your ear off so here is the story and some screenshots.

Story: You are either a boy or a girl that is 15 years old who is the proffessor's assistant and you are living in a region called Sol. Your hometown is Sola Town and weird things have been happening lately like Snow storms in the middle of Summer and the temperature become 32 degrees Celsius in Winter. The proffessor, Prof. Honoo, has been studying these weather patterns for a while and he calls you over to his lab because he has a very important discovery he needs to discuss with you. The goal of the story is to discover many things like the behaviour of the Pok?mon ever since the weather change, the habitats if they have changed etc.for the proffessor while on the way of learning things you can do little side quests for people so that means no catching Pok?mon only discovering information on the world and the Pok?mon themselves.

Here is a screenie:

- The first town. Sola Town.

Last edited:

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Sounds nice, although your town needs some more personality. If there is a Lab then I suggest adding one. ;) Somehow the town feels very cramped... almost like it's in the middle of a forest. My suggestion: the first 'route' leads you into the forest in which Sola Town is located, and after leaving the forest you go on a normal path.

Years
blueguy said:
Sounds nice, although your town needs some more personality. If there is a Lab then I suggest adding one. ;) Somehow the town feels very cramped... almost like it's in the middle of a forest. My suggestion: the first 'route' leads you into the forest in which Sola Town is located, and after leaving the forest you go on a normal path.

I think I'll use that idea :D. Thanks for the idea! Also the lab is on Route 1. Anyway here are two more screenies enjoy! ^_^:

- Title

- Flower Path

Last edited:

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Nice new screens. You're fairly talented with mapping. :) I like the circular enclosurement of wild grass with the trees there. Your title is pretty good as well.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2006
I like the look of your title screen. Good job!
I think there should be less flowers and replace it with regular grass.
Keep up the good work!

Years
Thank you for the comments and Snorlax4eva the path is called Flower Path for a reason lol that is why I have all those flowers there. Also I edited the title screen so that it only says "New Game" and "Continue" just like the original.

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
The maps are great!.. but you may want to decorate it more... perhaps flowers and some light grass patches. :)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
The town in your first post looks a bit crowded. Anyway, I wish you good luck!!

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
Years
Nice screens only,one thing,the blue beams next to the door on the lab look a bit of maybe shorten them so the stop just before the greay part.
Looking good though.

Years
UPDATE ^^ I changed the title slightly, Sola Town is now 87% done, Instead of a mom you have a dad, finished the hero's house, instead of only having a rival you have a friend that you meet on your travels that also is an assistant of Prof. Honoo and you study a bit together than he takes off again. Your rival's role is to sabotage your research and to become better than you. I changed the story slightly too.

New Story: You are either a boy or a girl who is the proffessor's assistant and you are living in a region called Sol. Your hometown is Sola Town and weird things have been happening lately like Snow storms in the middle of Summer and the temperature becoming 32 degrees Celsius in Winter. The proffessor, Prof. Honoo, has been studying these weather patterns for a while and he calls you over to his lab because he has a very important discovery he needs to discuss with you. The goal of the story is to discover many things like the behaviour of the Pok?mon ever since the weather change, the habitats if they have changed etc.for the proffessor while on the way of learning things you can do little side quests for people so that means no catching Pok?mon only discovering information on the world and the Pok?mon themselves. This is where the story begins.

I will have new screens on the way soon ^^ and when I reach the later stages of the game I will release a demo of it. Thank you everyone for your comments and your kindness ^^. I am redesigning my website from a Ragnarok Online Fansite to Pok?mon Pearl Advanced's website. Anyway, I'm out. See ya!

- Arcdemon

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
Years
seems quite cool! good luck with game! you are a very talented mapper!
this may ssem like a stupid question but does anyone know hwere to get Pokemon tilesets for RPG Maker XP?

Years
Updates will be here soon, don't worry lol. Anyway, does anyone know where I can find a Pok?mon Character Template so I can make custom characters. Also, I tried using Sphere to see what it was like.... HARD XD so I went back to Game Maker 6.0 and Rpg Maker Xp.

Back