• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

ou team

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
this is an ou team that i made a while ago with my friend it is based around using skarmory and salamence to break blissey and win against everything since salamence can win against all kinds of stall teams (we made this team since we think that stall is cheap and that we needed to counter team any stall team that we could ever play on wifi).

Team preview: salamence, skarmory, tyranitar, mamoswine, jolteon, jirachi.

godzilla (tyranitar) @ lum berry
nature: adamant
evs: 252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
ability: sand stream
~stealth rock
~crunch
~fire blast
~superpower

tyranitar is a really good pokemon overall since it can beat skarmory / blissey combo easily. jellicent stands no chance against crunches and burns are not a problem because of the lum berry. ive been thinking of shed shell to not get trapped by stupid dugtrio but i don't know also stealth rock is good for damage fire blast beats steel types crunch is for stab and superpower beats terrakion

beast (salamence)@ dragon gem
nature: jolly
ability: moxie
~outrage
~dragon dance
~fire fang
~earthquake

the big dog himself salamence can beat any stall team even if they have a steel type because earthquake and fire fang beats every steel dragon gem is to give outrage an extra punch for a quick moxie boost and dragon dance is for boosting salamence is really good.

skarmyarmy (skarmory) @ shed shell
nature: sassy
evs: 252 hp / 252 spdef / 4 def
ability: sturdy
~spikes
~roost
~roar
~drill peck

skarmory is a really good pokemon overall and can beat any kind of terrakion really easily and can win against pokemon like salamence or dragonite without a fire move and spikes can help salamence get kos also roost if for healing and drill peck can beat celebi

ms. piggy (mamoswine) @ focus sash
ability: snow cloak
~icicle crash
~earthquake
~ice shard
~endeavor

mamoswine beats the dragon types and the new genies like thundurus and tornaudos also it can easily beat physical walls like skarmory because of endeavour mamoswine is my secondary physical sweeper and it's ice moves are really powerful and can beat steel types because of earthquake ice shard is also for priority

jerry (jolteon)@ choice specs
nature: modest
evs: 252 spa / 252 spe / 4 hp
ability: volt absorb
~volt switch
~thunderbolt
~hidden power ice
~shadow ball

jolteon is my special sweeper so that i can beat skarmory and jellicent and volt switch out of tyranitar because it always switches into jolteon so that salamence can get a free dragon dance also shadow ball beats breloom celebi and heracross also it is faster than a gayrados so that i can beat it with thunerbolt

cheapo (jirachi) @ choice scarf
ability: serene grace
~iron head
~fire punch
~ice punch
~u-turn

jirachi is my scarf revenge killer and it is a really good pokemon overall u can u-turn out of heatran switching int so that you can get a free dragon dance with salamence also ice punch beats other salamence and dragonite while fire punch beats grass types and scizor sometimes but salamence gets a free dragon dance on scizor also iron head is for flinch haxing i like to make my opponent rage :P

Rate my team!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If you're using a fast spread on Tyranitar, the nature should be Hasty and the EVs should be 56 Atk/200 SAtk/252 Spe so that Tyranitar can make use of its special moves; even with little investment, it still hits hard with its physical moves. However, a bulky spread of a Sassy nature with 252 HP/64 SAtk/192 Spe is still preferred so that Tyranitar can make the most ouf of its bulkiness.

Skarmory should use a Careful nature, not a Sassy one, since it's not exactly using its Special Attack and sometimes a neutral EV-free Speed can be useful for Roost. Also, Whirlwind is preferred over Roar so that your phazing isn't blocked by Soundproof (but Roar is still viable if you can't breed).

Salamence is better off using Fire Blast over Fire Fang to help it deal with special walls. You can also consider Lum Berry over Dragon Gem so that Salamence can cure its post-Outrage confusion or any status it takes while setting up.

Honestly, Jolteon is a bit out of place here. I mean, how would the Sandstorm benefit it? As I can see, you have a pretty hard time with bulky Waters. Magnezone is a better alternative because its Steel typing synergizes very well with Salamence's Dragon typing. It also traps and eliminates opposing Steel Pokemon:
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)
-Charge Beam/Flash Cannon
Nature: Timid
EVs: 36 HP/252 SAtk/220 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull

or
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Flash Cannon
-Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 148 HP/252 SAtk/108 Spe (Modest) or 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe (Timid)
Item: Choice Specs (Modest)/Choice Scarf (Timid)
Ability: Magnet Pull

You can also consider Trick somewhere on Jirachi

(if there's anything else I may have overlooked, anyone is free to comment)

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
i think that jolteon is better for hitting physical walls like skarmory and it is really fast and can volt switch out so salamence can get a free dragon dance also dragon gem is for wall breaking in the early game since a +1 dragon gem outrage kos anything then mamoswine and jolteon can sweep their team i like some of your advice but others are bad sorry

Years
i think that jolteon is better for hitting physical walls like skarmory and it is really fast and can volt switch out so salamence can get a free dragon dance also dragon gem is for wall breaking in the early game since a +1 dragon gem outrage kos anything then mamoswine and jolteon can sweep their team i like some of your advice but others are bad sorry

Magnezone deals with Skarmory much better than Jolteon since Magnet Pull prevents it from switching and like Jolteon, can Volt Switch out of bad situations.

I also agree with PlatDude about Salamence, change the nature to Naive and put Fire Blast over Fire Fang. +1 Fire Fang doesn't KO Ferrothorn, Fire Blast always KO's. The more accurate Flamethrower almost does the job just as well, but you lose power against other steels such as Jirachi and Metagross.

Can't think of much else I would do without changing the team's purpose..

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
but every skarmyarmy packs shed shell so there's no point in magnezone it's not really a good pokemon besides ingame also jolteon can get momentum and it's more unexpected plus can sweep a weakened stall or offensive team with tbolt. jolteon acts as a good annoyer for this team to also salamence needs to be fully physical no matter what its my main physical sweeper

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
but every skarmyarmy packs shed shell so there's no point in magnezone it's not really a good pokemon besides ingame also jolteon can get momentum and it's more unexpected plus can sweep a weakened stall or offensive team with tbolt. jolteon acts as a good annoyer for this team to also salamence needs to be fully physical no matter what its my main physical sweeper

Not every Skarmory carries Shed Shell. Magnezone is better in the long run when compared to Jolteon considering Jolteon is very frail. Magnezone can at least hold its own and its Steel typing gives it some decent resistances and other steel types such as Scizor, Ferrothorn etc do not carry Shed Shells and thus can be OHKO'd (maybe 2HKO with Ferro) by Hp Fire. Jolteon is slammed by Scizor and can't do anything to Ferrothorn.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
even though magnezone is a steel type it's so slow and doesn't have access to a faster volt switch like jolteon does also even if scizor switches in on jolteon i can get a free dragon dance on almost anything with salamence since it forces so many switches this is why jolteon is an annoyer because it can beat a lot of things really easily and is good for the momentum of the team.

Perriechu

Years
even though magnezone is a steel type it's so slow and doesn't have access to a faster volt switch like jolteon does also even if scizor switches in on jolteon i can get a free dragon dance on almost anything with salamence since it forces so many switches this is why jolteon is an annoyer because it can beat a lot of things really easily and is good for the momentum of the team.

It maybe slow but it makes up for it in its all round better stats (bar speed) and ability. Why would you get a free dragon dance if Scizor switches in on Jolteon? I'm so confused by this post omfg.

Wait, do you mean since you have Jolteon out they'll switch to Scizor, you then Volt Switch out to Salamance who then gets a free dragon dance...? Because if so that's not happening. If Jolteon is in and it's going up against a Scizor, that Scizor is either going to Swords Dance or slam you with a choice band U-turn which will damage Salamence either way. Salamence will then either have to face a +2 Bullet Punch which will OHKO it or face something else such as a faster Pokemon that has access to a Rock/Ice/Dragon move.

Also why does Salamence have Fire Fang? Fire Blast > Fire Fang. Skarmory and Ferrothorn laugh at Fire Fang, even at +1

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
it doesn't matter salamence needs to be full physical because jolteon and jirachi can beat skarmory and ferrothorn pretty easily also mamoswine takes down physical walls with endeavour so that means that mamoswine can easily sweep a lot of stall teams on its own but salamence is the big dog here and can win against almost every single team it is the best pokemon in ou

Perriechu

Years
it doesn't matter salamence needs to be full physical because jolteon and jirachi can beat skarmory and ferrothorn pretty easily also mamoswine takes down physical walls with endeavour so that means that mamoswine can easily sweep a lot of stall teams on its own but salamence is the big dog here and can win against almost every single team it is the best pokemon in ou

Yes Jolteon can beat Skarmory. But what makes you think Jirachi can beat Ferrothorn?
Fire Punch from 252 Jirachi against 252 Hp/88 Def Ferrothorn does 57.95% - 61.18% it can switch out to something that resists Fire moves and then set-up attack since you're locked into Fire Punch.

I don't see how Mamoswine takes down physical walls with Endeavor. It can't do much against Skarmory and because of hazards such as SR, Spikes, Toxic Spikes Mamoswine's focus sash is pretty useless. Dragon Gem is also bad on Salamence. Something such as a Lum Berry will be more of use.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
jirachi 2hkos ferrothorn with fire punch and i can easily predict a set up move and double switch to anything i want to, maybe salamence to even get a free dragon dance also mamoswine is usually lead so it can easily beat physical walls with focus sash if they decide to come in i don't see how lum berry is better on salamence other than to stop outrage confusion but salamence is for wall breaking with moxie so dragon gem outrage can get salamence a moxie boost easier

Years
Dragonomega pretty much said what I wanted to say.

Salamence doesn't NEED to be fully physical and even if it was, Fire Fang doesn't cut the bill. If it had to be fully physical, look into Dragon Claw so that you don't stay in on Outrage as they bring in a Steel to resist or set-up. Even Roost would be a better alternative to Fire Fang to increase Salamence's lifespan.

Perriechu

Years
jirachi 2hkos ferrothorn with fire punch and i can easily predict a set up move and double switch to anything i want to, maybe salamence to even get a free dragon dance also mamoswine is usually lead so it can easily beat physical walls with focus sash if they decide to come in i don't see how lum berry is better on salamence other than to stop outrage confusion but salamence is for wall breaking with moxie so dragon gem outrage can get salamence a moxie boost easier

Lum Berry can also heal burns or paralysis. Jellicent takes 69.8% - 82.43% from a Dragon Gem boosted Outrage and can easily burn you with Will-O-Wisp. Ferrothorn can inflict paralysis etc. When it comes down to it Lum > Gem.

But looking at your other posts you're not going to take suggestions so idc really

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
yeah but i don't use salamence for sweeping i use it for wallbreaking if it weakens up ferro and skarmory that is fine since mamoswine can sweep from there if i was using it for sweeping then yes i would use lum plus no one carries thunder wave on ferrothorn that is pointless since they all run gyro ball this team is based on cracking walls with a lot of power and spikes so u have to know that before rating

Perriechu

Years
yeah but i don't use salamence for sweeping i use it for wallbreaking if it weakens up ferro and skarmory that is fine since mamoswine can sweep from there if i was using it for sweeping then yes i would use lum plus no one carries thunder wave on ferrothorn that is pointless since they all run gyro ball this team is based on cracking walls with a lot of power and spikes so u have to know that before rating

I've seen plenty of Ferrothorn's that carry Thunder Wave... And even if it isn't Ferrothorn physically defensive Celebi can still inflict paralysis since Outrage only does 60.89% - 71.53% factoring in the Dragon Gem.

And I've just realized that CB Mamoswine is a huge threat to this team. Earthquake OHKO's Tyranitar. Has a 37.5% chance to OHKO Mamoswine. It also OHKO's Jirachi and Jolteon. CB Ice Shard OHKO's Salamence.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
i don't think that thunder wave on ferrothorn is very common, gryro ball is just too good for coverage purposes to give it up and also that is a lot for outrage to do to a ferrothorn even if salamence dies then mamoswine can sweep the rest of their team also every team without skarmory or rotom is paper weak to mamoswine, the choice banded versions are easier to play around than life orb versions since it has to predict perfectly to ko anything also jirachi revenge kills it and if it has life orb jirachi still does work and this isn't even factoring in skarmory... so i don't see how im mamoswine weak at all

Years

Lum Berry can also heal burns or paralysis. Jellicent takes 69.8% - 82.43% from a Dragon Gem boosted Outrage and can easily burn you with Will-O-Wisp. Ferrothorn can inflict paralysis etc. When it comes down to it Lum > Gem.

But looking at your other posts you're not going to take suggestions so idc really

why would he outrage a jellicent at +0

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
no idea why i would i have jolteon and ttar so it would be stupid of me to use outrage and waste my wallbreaker lol

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
You're still not making sense here.

I'll say this again. Magnezone is the better option over Jolteon because of its excellent defensive synergy with Salamence. It can trap and eliminate Steel Pokemon to make Salamence's sweeping time easier (even though it has EQ and Fire Blast/Fang for coverage). As Dragonomega already said, Magnezone has an easier time against Scizor and Ferrothorn; both Pokemon can hit Jolteon hard (Scizor with Bullet Punch (despite the resistance) and U-turn and Ferrothorn with Power Whip); Ferrothorn can also set up all over Jolteon if the latter lacks HP Fire. Also, if Magnezone uses Subsititute, a 0 Attack EV Ferrothorn can't break a "healthy" Sub with Power Whip. Magnezone can then proceed to spam Charge Beam (even though Ferrothorn resists the move) until its Special Attack is sufficiently high enough to tear through the rest of the team (and before you ask, I'm putting you in a hypothetical situation if you were using Magnezone yourself). If you're still unsure, reread Dragonomega's posts.

Again, let me elaborate on why Fire Blast is better over Fire Fang. Fire Fang is a weak move naturally. Even though it can hit non-Heatran Steels super effectively, most Steels have high physical Defense, which means that they can easily survive and strike back. It also hits the normally weaker Special Defense of physical walls (particularly Steels), which is a bonus.

Back