• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Evolution: Re-Loaded (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
CURRENT ISSUES

1. How much control should be given to the individual rper over various different NPCs, and should there be instances where the control is solely in the hands of the creator (RM)? (Post #15)

2. Should characters have individual mentors that are controlled by the individual? (Post #23)

NOTICE: I have referenced the post numbers to the issues that need to be discussed, so you can see the whole issue and follow the conversations. (Aren't I such a nice person!) XD

Last edited:

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
Years
Now to address the problem that is at hand, the one concerning people having the same pokemon. Seeing as I was assuming that that was an unspoken rule and that so far those who have applied have not duplicated anyone, I see no reason to have to treat people like two year olds and state the obvious, unless I have to. So please people, don't make me have to.

Thank you. xD
I'm always the unfortunate one who has her Pokemon duplicated. xDD

Trainer Kat

Years
xDD

I'm sure it will. :] You have a very good plot. Take it from someone who doesn't usually like Pokemorphs...your RP is extremely interesting. I can't wait to start.

Charley Silent

The Best Dark Trainer Ever!
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2008
I can agree with that and I think I have an idea on how to make sure that no one gets their Pokemon duplicated. After a Pokemon is chosen by someone that is accepted into the rp, you should post it into the first page on a list of Pokemon that have been taken already so everyone knows when a Pokemon has already been taken.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
oh yay an OOC thread, i'm quite pumped to get started and i'm SO happy to see you have selection standards when you choose who to let in

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
Thank you for your insight. If it gets be a problem I will use that idea.

As far as my selection is concerned. I used to be a whole lot tougher. Actually...I don't think i would have even accepted the sign-up for myself for this rp back then. I was a tough cookie. I had to water down my standards because i realize I'm not as good as I was a year ago or so. So let us all be thankful that I'm not as strict as I was. XD

However, i do believe that the time you put into your profile shows when you submit it. I know people are busy, and I know they have other things to do besides fill out sign-up sheets, but i just ask that your work shows some effort.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
I am living on the other side of the world (Asia), so my response to the thread can be slow.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
Starlatias just something small i wanted to point out to you. Daniel is a boys name, if you want girl its spelled Danielle

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
Wow...I just want to apologize for last night, I was a real grump. But hey, I can be generous when I'm nasty too! I did spell out exactly what I want to see, so that way people aren't all like "well how come..." or what not. Right? I try to be fair and give everyone a break.

There are more people signing up than I originally planned for. Oh boy, it's been even longer since I've been in an rp with a lot of people, this should be interesting indeed.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
Years
Hello, I'm here to sign up! However, I don't really have time now to do a signup, so in a few hours, maybe, I'll post it. Besides, I'm having a hard time deciding to be a morph (something like that) of Roserade or Froslass. *goes to think*

At first I was going to go with Ninetales, but that means I'd be tempted to have nine special powers, which is way too many.

Last edited:

Trainer Kat

Years
xD; I'm willing to change whatever.
I tried to make it obvious that Ash can't choose which minds she reads, and she gets a swarm of them at once [which causes the headache], but since I could only bunny Ev, I only used two voices. Think what's-his-name from Heroes. The cop. xD;
The healing is...just minor cuts and scrapes. Stuff that bleeds for maybe a minute before stopping.
Ehhhh just tell me what you want me to change. :]

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
xD; I'm willing to change whatever.
I tried to make it obvious that Ash can't choose which minds she reads, and she gets a swarm of them at once [which causes the headache], but since I could only bunny Ev, I only used two voices. Think what's-his-name from Heroes. The cop. xD;
The healing is...just minor cuts and scrapes. Stuff that bleeds for maybe a minute before stopping.
Ehhhh just tell me what you want me to change. :]

Sorry. I deleted my comment. It wasn't very nice, and i was like "eh...I'm too mean..."

Anyway, I've been thinking about what I'm going to do about npc's. there are a lot of them, and some of them have major movers of the plot, like how Enigma will be appearing rather soonish (relative to rp not in real time). I'm deciding whether I should just go ahead and take over them when they appear or not. Because if i do, that drastically takes the length out of most post, since it handicaps the rper to only controlling one character.

I haven't taken control of Dr. Vinton, only because it's a real pain to only post three paragraphs and wait for me to post for you to continue. So what you got done in one post would have taken many more. So he truly isn't a npc if you take it at it's literal meaning. he's more of a community character for now. I can foresee some times where I would need to take control of certain npcs to progress the plot. I don't know, though.

Very tricky, because I want to allow the greatest about of freedom for each rper. I've been contemplating posting a series of other characters and just having people sign up for them and whichever ones don't get chosen I take. As far as the side characters such as Dr. Vinton and what not. But even that has serious problems. See why I can never make decisions? I keep arguing with myself! XD

Anyway, those are my thoughts, yes they are scattered, but I whole-heartedly believe that an rp is a collaborative effort so therefore the people rping in them should have as much say as the creator. I suppose I do ultimately have creative control of the big picture, but that's besides the point.

There I go contradicting myself again. Well have fun reading this if you can make any sense out of it. :P

Jezebel

Team Rocket Field Agent
Years
Hey Raichu Master I posted in the other thread but I think it's better if I post here.

I'm also going to join in but I'm still deciding on what pokemon I want my character to morph into so I'm sorry it's taking a little time!

Brad

The Paper Fastener
Years
Here is my sign-up- the great hybrid cyborg Salamence thingy!!!

Name: Oh noes, I forgot it! Oh wait, yeah… Brad Matthews.
Nickname: Apocalypse.
Pokemon: THIS… IS… SALAMENCE!! Yeah!!! Anyways, ye' olde Brad can use draconic energy to open portals (Dragons don't really translate to our world that well...), and heal himself of minor to medium wounds. His cyborg insides allow usage of various weapons, but only ones that can be handheld or mounted by a normal person (no nukes, or large missiles... or torpedoes... awww. As a pokemon, he can only use machine guns, or missiles- no grenades, or other guns... too small.))(There, Evaky. No longer overpowered...)
Description: Heh. Yeah. Brad is melanistic, and has some albino features. His hair is completely white, and in a disheveled, spiked hairstyle. His eyes are blood red, and slanted upward, an odd trait in humans. His muscular, well-endowed (Heh!) body is pitch black, black as night, etc. He is ambidextrous, but a horrible accident (he crashed his motorcycle into an oil tanker, lit on fire, and fell off a cliff) gives him a very… robotic body. Some of his insides are completely or partially robotic, like his eyes, ears, and sense of touch. His digestive system is completely gone, and the food is chemically converted using his robotic stomach. His armor, on his shoulders, on his arms (only to elbows), back, legs, and cheeks is golden in color. In addition, cannons can sprout from most of his body- he is well protected against his many enemies. He is a gigantic person- at 6'6", he is… intimidating. His mark of being hybrid is a scar on his back- a hexagram. This mark is present on the forehead of Salamence, in a deep blue hue- many of those familiar with Pokemon recognize the trait.
Half Description: Brad gains 12 white wings on his back, and clear Salamence armor. He grow longer, and gains a blue aura around him. His eyes go pure white, and his hair changes red. In this state, he looks like an angel- a really demented angel. He can't use his weapons in this state, but his energy nlasts and hybrid powers are as powerful as the normal weapons would be.
Pokemon Description: A long, extremely large black Salamence with white wings. He has large red eyes, golden belly armor, the same armor in the aforementioned places of his body, and new parts of the tail. His claws and fangs are larger, and Brad is more muscular (and well endowed) than most Salamence. In this form, he looks more regal, and he goes into this more often- some Salamence respect him, and the others just leave him alone. However, he still has no friends among the Salamence either.
Personality: Brad is a quiet, lonely person, and seems violent. He hates being bothered, and acts cold and malicious around most who bother him- he comes off as psychotic. However, he is merely misunderstood.

After years of torment and misery in public schools, Brad had developed an iron curtain… in more than one way. He isolated himself, and enjoys silence and loneliness. His shell protects him, but inside he is still miserable- knowing he is a freak. However, this feeling has died as he chose Pokemon form more and more- Salamence are quite… liberal in their society. When his shell is endangered, a psychological shield kicks in.

If someone annoys him too much, he starts getting violent. Eventually, his face twists in a demented smile. This is why he warns people about his… anger. Outside of this, he is calm, cool, and collected. In any situation, he is a pillar of calm.
In addition, Brad is quite the sharp-tongued cynic. He is disgusted with the experimentation, and intolerance in the world, of any race. He believes that the world… has gone to crap. He despises optimism- he sees it as the "dumbasses are at it again, saying we're fine… bullshit." Brad enjoys reading, Jeopardy, alcohol, and silence. He also loves cold temperatures- ironic for a dragon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
I don't want to be rude... but... you're kidding... right? this ones a joke and i just didn't find the spoiler for the real one? gigantic enery blasts, healing, protecting, and eternal youth? and a... robot?

i..............i don't know how to respond to this one

But its not my place to say anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back