• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How Much Should I Train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainSquirtle

A fiesty gang leading turtle
Years
Hey, I am currently training to battle the elite four for the first time. I want to know what levels I should train my Pokemon to before moving on in the game and challenging the elite four. (I have already begun training on some Pokemon, so my levels are unbalanced)

My Team:
Typhlosion (Level 45)
-Quick Attack
-Swift
-Fire Blast
-Flamethrower

Lapras (Level 45)
-Avalanche
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunder

Golem (Level 45)
-Earthquake
-Focus Punch
-Double-Edge (Rock-Head Ability)
-Rollout

Umbreon (Level 41)
-Dark Pulse
-Faint Attack
-Shadow Ball
-Confuse Ray

Crobat (Level 40)
-Fly
-Wing Attack
-Poison Fang
-Bite

So far I have been training in Victory Road and Near the Safari Zone (There is a patch of grass up a waterfall). Where should I train?

Also, should I change the movesets of my Pokemon, and in what way? (Keep in mind, I can't obtain all TMs since I am only in Johto)

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
As long as your team's levels add up to more than 290, you should be fine. i like to have at least all level 50s before challenging the elite four, but i get impatient and battle them anyway. also, ya your moveset could be improved a little, but it's not that bad.

RudeStyle

Artangels
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Those are the only Locations that have decent leveled wild pokemon xD

your pokemon should be around 46-52 in level. ( To Survive the whole elite four )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back