• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon...STAHP!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
We all have something in common in this Forum, which is Pokemon :)

But let's admit it, they have some stuffs in Pokemon that we hate. Whether it would be the anime, games or manga.

So what are the stuffs that you hate from Pokemon?

Whistler

Questioner
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
I wish you didn't HAVE to make your Pokemon battle, but that is the only way to get the game to allow you to go into different towns. :/

Edit: I agree with the person right below me. I wish my Pokemon got to see the light of day outside of battle. ;___;

Last edited:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I dont like how in most games your pokemon only get to see the light of day while battling...

Years
The fact that most Legendaries have insane catch rates, and bad luck always curses me when I try and catch them.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah if there's one thing I hate, it's the subset of elitist fans that claim to love Pokemon while tearing down all newer generations. This counts because it's part of the franchise right?

Gonna kick this over to PVP.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I always hated random encounters when you really didn't need any more Pokemon to catch. I know there's repel and cleanse tag. But it's still a pain, cleanse tag doesn't work that much and repel, I don't wanna keep wasting money on it :C

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I really hate it when I'm looking for a certain pokemon it doesn't appear for hours, but when you are not looking for it- it appears easily.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Monsters with low catch rates. There's just no point because I will have enough balls to throw at it regardless, so it's just wasting time.

I may add to this post later.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
It's hard to find something to dislike, let alone hate, because for everything you think you hate, there's honestly an alternative. Don't like the fact that the general Pokemon stories are bland as heck? Play one of the console games. Don't like that Pokemon are only seen as kockfighters? Play one of the side games. Don't like the side games or the treatment of the Pokemon? Watch the anime. Even fans can be ignored by and large (and if they get under your skin, you're giving them too much power).

I feel like at best you can only describe gameplay values, such as hating how much Chansey keeps running away from you in the Safari Zone without fail.

I dunno, I'm just so neutral about everything, but that's just my personality. No reason to find things to dislike.

But just to play along, the thing I "hate" would be... um. Oh, okay. I don't like it when spinoff games have a different artstyle for everything but the Pokemon. That's so very dull. Even Mario gets an artshift, and he's the plainest long running everyman protagonist there's ever been in a video game.

Back