• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Idea for a pokemon story

How do you feel about pokemon dying in a fan fiction?

• Love It.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's Ok.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I don't care as long as the story is good.

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Not too fond of the idea.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
I have this idea for a pokemon story, but I am skeptical to start writing it because I am not sure how most fans will take to it. The story is very different from the anime, but some may find it quite similar to the red/blue manga (the only one that I read). Either way, I am sure fans will love that part, but the idea also has some the killing of pokemon; that is the part I am not sure fans will like. I'm looking for a yes/no on the killing pokemon part. If favorable, I will start writing and hopefully have most of it written by the end of the month. If unfavorable, I will try to come up with another idea. Either way, I would like to write a story and post it here.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Some people may not like it bcause they don't like death themes and all, but we have had a number of stories on this forum before that involved Pokemon dying/being killed which had readers/reviewers, so as long as you write it well and all it should be fine. =)

If you want more feedback on more specifics on the story idea check out the Plot Bunny thread sticky at the top of this Writer's Lounge section as well.

Years
I know a lot of people don't like the death theme which is why I'm skeptical in writing it. I do think people would love the story, but would not read it due to the death. If I had the knowledge, skills and time to make a game, I would and leave the death part out, but I don't. Plus I love to write stories, so I figured, why not.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
That's a valid fear, but only the case with some readers out there. Nobody can please everyone after all.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
As bobandbill said, you simply can't please everyone. Therefore, you should write what you want to write about, because chances are there's thousands of people out there who have similar interests than you, and when you write what you want to write about, you get a sense of enthusiasm and depth that you can't get if you're only thinking about your readers' interests. Of course, it's good to keep your audience in mind, but you have to also remember that you're the one who has to write it.

You can't please everyone, and if you try, you'll most likely please no-one. So, you should focus on pleasing the person who puts the most time and effort into the story: yourself. The story should say what you want to say, and if you say it well enough, people will listen!

Years
It doesn't matter if pokemon die,..It just makes the story all more realistic. But I don't like pokemon just to die for no reason. Like when people just use death to make thier story more darker and scary, which for me is big N O.

YES
For example in one fan fic a girl has all her pokemon killed, it advances the story and I guess it passes for me.

No

Some dude just wants to throw in pokemon killings because he/she thinks it makes his/her story all more darker and "cooler".

All I say Is have a vaild reason why the pokemon should die and I'll go with it.

Years
All I say Is have a vaild reason why the pokemon should die and I'll go with it.

I have a valid reason, as long as you don't mind waiting for it.

As of right now, I only have the prologue and the first chapter up, but I would love it if you were to read it and give some feedback on the story and what you think might happen.

I promise I am not looking for ideas; my story is set in stone. I just want to make sure that my story is not too predictable.

Back