• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Ice Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Pokémon

Information:
Hack: Pokémon Fire Red (US)
Creator: Kebbles
Download: Beta 1.0 containing 1 - 2 Gyms (Coming Soon)
Up-Coming Events: None

Game Introduction:

Welcome to the Latrobe Region!
Home to many mysteries and great legends.
Can one child be the key to saving the past and the present?
When the world is in its final moments..

Where will you be?

Beginning:
It is said in Latrobe mythology that there once lived three Pokemon who represented the three elements of Fire, Water and Electricity.
They raged war against each other for many years destroying much of the Latrobe Region, untill one day a child rose from the shadows with Celebi the Pokemon of time.
They battled hard atop Mt. Baw Baw but were not strong enough to defeat the trio, all hope was lost..
Little did they know that the same Celebi of legend, still lives somewhere hidden in time..

Region History:
The Latrobe Region, located far South from Kanto & Johto..
The region is suffering from slight climate shift more then other Regions, so the weather is usually hot or really rainy.
Because of these weather changes certain Pokemons cell-structures have changed to adapt to the climate in the Region (A list of changes is below)
The game is set in the same timeline as Fire Red and the game begins as the S.S Anne is being hi-jacked.

Screenies:

In-Game Features:
*New Scripts
*New OW's
*New Tiles
*New Textboxs
*Very Explorable Maps
*New TM List
*All Gen Pokemon
*Tough Gyms
*More then One Rival
*Travel to Kanto/Unova
*Travel in Time
*Pokemon League Tournament
*Special Events
*HG/SS Music
*B/W Repel System

Future Features:
*Battle Backgrounds
*Double Wild Battles
*Better Title Screen

Pokemon Differences/Evolutions:
*Feebas evolves at level 22
*Milotic is now Water/Dragon Type
*Snorunt evolves into Glalie at level 28 if ATK is higher
*Snorunt evolves into Froslass at level 28 if DEF is higher
*Murkrow evolves at level 26

Special Events:
*None till Beta 1.0

Want to Help?:
If your intrested in helping out PM me what you can do and so on..
This is what I'm looking for...

*ASM Person
*Sprite Maker
*Region Map Inserter (Major)
*Battle Background Inserter (Major)
*Title Screen Maker

Team Ice: (The team helping make this game)
*Kebbles - Creator

Credits:
*CalisProject
*Andrea
*Reck
*Alucus
*Red Ex
*WesleyFG
*Pinkish Purple
*Edenselite
*Will Update Rest Soon​

Last edited:

Ultimo1991

Team Ultimo/Infinity Leader
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 19, 2023
this seem's quite interesting hope it gets farther but doesnt the tv and bookcase in professor oak's lab seem outta place? if you need help i can try my best with whatever except scripting cause im not very good at that yet hehehe^^

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Looking good, but I don't really like the tree palette, it blends in too much with the ground. darken it a bit. and the BW tree doesn't fit in with the other palettes and tiles. Good luck!

Last edited:

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Looking good, but I don't really like the tree pallet, it blends in too much with the ground. darken it a bit. and the BW tree doesn't fit in with the other pallets and tiles. Good luck!

Thanks :) yeah i was just fiddling around with pallettes, i havn't found a keeper yet.
And yeah your right about the tree, ill change it when i have the time, good feedback thanks mate

Last edited:

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
Hey man, I can help you out with any mapping you may need, let me know, I see you have other things that are more important, so I would be more then happy to help you map bro :) Let me know via PM :) If it is a go, let me know what map maker you use, and what I need to do exactly and I will get on it, alright man :)

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
Hey it sounds like a pretty good story. I got a little lost when you started talking about coal mining, but anyways good luck.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Hey it sounds like a pretty good story. I got a little lost when you started talking about coal mining, but anyways good luck.

hey thanks :)
Haha yeah most people will find it to long, but when the beta comes up at least people can read up on the Power Plants.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
This looks pretty interesting! I would love to play the current version - I am very amused because I live in the Latrobe Region and my father works in Loy Yang Powerstation haha!

Last edited:

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
This hack looks very interesting. I like where it is going. :D

Thanks mate :)

This looks pretty interesting! I would love to play the current version - I am very amused because I live in the Latrobe Region and my father works in Loy Yang Powerstation haha!

Yeah well just stick around and the beta should be out real soon, aw good at least i'll have a fan :D lol you should be able to relate to the game.

*Anyways to the big news....
New Screenies!!
(Just mostly route one/morwell)

Galaxy1.png
Galaxy2.png

Galaxy3.png
Galaxy4.png

Galaxy5.png

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
I like the images, I'll play it when it comes out

Hey, thanks for ur support..

Im at work at the moment but beta 0.5 will be out 2nite.
It ends just after the 1st Gym.

*Just had my gym leader script screw up on me pretty bad so the beta release is not 2nite.
But hey, it should take me less then an hour or two to make a new one.
So the beta will b released late 2nite, if not then 2morrow arvo.
Sorry people, i dont have many fans anyway lol so no one to let down.

Last edited:

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Sorry for the double post,
just letting everyone know i just released beta 0.5 like i promised :)
It ends after the 1st gym, im changing the tiles and pallettes too, and the mart, centre and gym.
Please download, play and leave feedback :) thanks

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
I started playing the hack, and I fell in love with it!

As for bugs, there are a few I've found:
1: The computer in your room turns into a pinkish-red version of the original Fire Red computer after you use it.
2: Whenever you enter a battle, as you and either the opponent or the wild pokemon appears, the battle screen has two black areas that only fade away when both battlers are visible. (Will add screenshot if needed)
3: There is a trainer in Morwell who has an Aroma Lady's trainer sprite, but a Bug Catcher's OW sprite.
4: Not sure if this is a glitch, but the statue in the first gym lists the gym leader as Brock.
5: Occasional tile error. I rarely see this one, though.

Seriously, I love this hack, and I definitely can't wait for the next beta. :D

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
I started playing the hack, and I fell in love with it!

As for bugs, there are a few I've found:
1: The computer in your room turns into a pinkish-red version of the original Fire Red computer after you use it.
2: Whenever you enter a battle, as you and either the opponent or the wild pokemon appears, the battle screen has two black areas that only fade away when both battlers are visible. (Will add screenshot if needed)
3: There is a trainer in Morwell who has an Aroma Lady's trainer sprite, but a Bug Catcher's OW sprite.
4: Not sure if this is a glitch, but the statue in the first gym lists the gym leader as Brock.
5: Occasional tile error. I rarely see this one, though.

Seriously, I love this hack, and I definitely can't wait for the next beta. :D

Lol wow, thank you so much, i really appreciate that.
Im changing the tiles for the buildings in traralgon, inside the lab and inside the mart an centre as i think the tiles i have now look ugly lol.

As for the bugs..
1. Yeah i knew about the computer, im looking for a way to fix it but had no luck so far :(
2. I think i know what ur talking about but can u post a screenie?
3. Oh dam, ill get right onto that. just a little script edit.
4. Yeah im not 100% done in the gym, i just made it playable.
5. Yeah theres a few tile errors, im changing the tiles anyway but thanks :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
It wouldn't let me post the link here, so I made it a visitor message.

Also, found another bug. However, since there isn't much to do after the first gym, it is pretty minor.

Once you beat the first gym leader, you get $10200. XD

That probably goes with the fact that the gym isn't 100 percent complete, which is why I am very unsure if it actually is a bug or not. XD

marcc5m

what
Years
Tiles need changed, too many style clashes. For instance, the default mountains being mixed with those custom ones.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Tiles need changed, too many style clashes. For instance, the default mountains being mixed with those custom ones.

As i said in the above post, im changin all tiles now.
My game is a mess at the moment ol and ive choosen to revert back to the fire red pallettes. im thinkin of just using red ex tiles as there really nice.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
A couple things:

- I don't know if it's just me, but the text font is weird, like some letters are larger than others.
- You should add the actual cries for 4th/5th generation Pokemon, It's weird hearing Snivy sound like a Bulbasaur.
- Some sprites, like Spinarak, have weird positionings, like Spinarak's face is hiding under your Pokémon's HP bar.

Other than that, this hack looks promising! Good luck!

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
A couple things:

- I don't know if it's just me, but the text font is weird, like some letters are larger than others.
- You should add the actual cries for 4th/5th generation Pokemon, It's weird hearing Snivy sound like a Bulbasaur.
- Some sprites, like Spinarak, have weird positionings, like Spinarak's face is hiding under your Pokémon's HP bar.

Other than that, this hack looks promising! Good luck!

1. Thats how its meant to be, i changed the text boxes with a patch and the font was like that, to be honest i agree with you lol but i cant fix it unless i start fresh with a new clean rom.
2. Yeah i havnt changed the cries or ow's yet, that will be in the next beta.
3. Yeah i noticed that, also will be fixed in the next beta.

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back