• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Did you use the Master Ball?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Did you use the Master Ball or not at all?

If you did use the Master, on which Pokemon did you use it?
If you didn't use it, why didn't you?

Years
I didn't even though I managed to catch all legendary Pokemon's in the game .
The reason I didn't use it s that I never do :)

Years
I used it on Kyurem. It was the only legendary I hadn't caught at that point, so I figured it'd be better to use it rather than have it just sit there and inevitably lose it when I restarted.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
No - at least not yet.

I finished White a while back and have been wandering around off and on, opening up the rest of the map and catching new pokemon. And encountering Thundurus off and on. When the storm would start, I'd put my catcher in the front (I always have someone in the party with False Swipe - most often, currently, Bisharp). He'd hit Thundurus once, then it'd flee. Once I got it down to 1HP, I put Lilligant in the front the next time, and she Sleep Powdered it. Then I encountered it sleeping two or three times before I got it in a Quick Ball. So unless I decide to use the Master Ball somewhere else, I'll just end up hanging onto it. Which is fine...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I used the Master Ball on Tornadus/Thundurus because I couldn't be bothered to battle them as they kept roaming Unova.

Shadowscale

Assassin
Years
Nope.
I catch every Pokémon in a matching ball (Reshiram = Premier Ball, Kyurem = Dive Ball...)
I collect the Master Balls :3

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I have a 649/649 Pokédex and didn't use my Master Ball. I rewarded myself by cloning it. I know, no point.

Cyclone

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I just received the Master Ball, and I haven't decided yet on wether to use it on Zekrom or the Kami trios :P

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
Years
On pretty much every single play-through of pokemon games I always "Save" my master ball as I never run into situations where I need it. Its kind of silly when I think back about it.

Years
Nope! I never usually use it.

I feel like once you get it, you're so set on saving it for something special and then you never decide what you are saving it on so you never end up using it. xD

(So basically what Sudeki said.)

Sirfetch’d

I used it on Thundurus because I was tired of chasing it but I wish I could have caught it with an Ultra Ball. I like to save my Masterball for a shiny if I run into one by surprise.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I used it on Thundurus because I was tired of chasing it but I wish I could have caught it with an Ultra Ball. I like to save my Masterball for a shiny if I run into one by surprise.
Quick Balls come in extremely handy with unexpected Shiny Pokémon encounters. And are you saying it is sometimes NOT a surprise? :P

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
I remember when I was just a wee lad playing Gold and Silver, embarrassed to say thats when I really got into the games. (I do love RBandY though, for reference) I used to use the master ball on the first legendary I came into contact with, which happened to be Ho-Oh. And when I got to the legendary birds or dogs, I was soooo mad that I didnt have another to catch it with. That was just a little history.

Now that Ive gotten older and more experienced in the games, lol, I try my best not to use the Master Ball unless I absolutely have to. Currently, having just finished Black 2, I have Latios, Terrakion, Virizion, and....wow..cant remember the last one. But you get it. I still have the Master Ball and I dont plan on using it...hopefully. Oh and the same case with Black, figured I shoulda referenced that in here seeing as its in this thread :)

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
For me, it's like a special rule I have of never using the Master Ball, but keeping it around in my bag. And this generation is no different; I have kept the Master Ball without using it. Though I was very tempted to use it on the Tornadus, I managed to chase it down and capture it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Nope. Like many others I make it a personal goal never to use my Master Ball.

Back