• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I lied.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Recall a lie you recently told someone and share it with us. Please provide the context.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I lied to my flatmates last night saying I'd be staying in because I was ill when actually I was going out with some other friends and didn't want to hurt their feelings, but I just ended up telling them because I felt bad for lying and we all went out together :p Also now I am actually ill so maybe that's karma >.>

Honest

Hi!
Years
"You're fat"

To my best friend, who was asking if he was fat. He's not fat, but he's got some poundage down there.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
My roommate made some weird chicken dish for dinner a little while ago. She rarely cooks, so I don't know if she knew what she was actually doing. As with anyone's cooking, I usually say it's good regardless of how it actually tastes. This dish was pretty bad, not going to lie, well except to her.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I told my mother that I had a jacket in my car.

She always hounds me to take a jacket wherever I go because she's cold and therefore I must be cold too. So in order to avoid going to the trouble of actually taking a jacket I just tell her I have one in the car because I know I'm not going to need one.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
I told my mother that I had a jacket in my car.

She always hounds me to take a jacket wherever I go because she's cold and therefore I must be cold too. So in order to avoid going to the trouble of actually taking a jacket I just tell her I have one in the car because I know I'm not going to need one.
One day you're going to need a jacket, and then you're screwed.

I told dad that I'd finished my assignments so I could go out.

Crux

Evermore
Years
"Did you have a good day?" (In reference to my birthday)
"Yeah" :<

I was going to edit this post,but I can't think of any other lies... -.-" :x

Last edited:

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
"I didn't forget." 'Tis is the lie which I say to my friends when I forget their birthdays.

Years
I regularly take the bus, so I have a monthly bus pass where you have to scratch a certain spot on it to validate it. The bus driver today told me I had to scratch it off right there or he'd kick me off the bus. I said that I didn't know that I had to scratch something off, when in reality I just flat out forgot to do it at the start of the month.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
My parents don't know how often I lie to them. I'm good at convincing myself that something is "true" and thus can keep a straight face to them. I lie about my bedtime, I will occasionally exaggerate my pain or how much work I did... mostly just to get them out of my hair. I'm an adult, I can set my own lifestyle even if I can't afford to pay for it yet.

...which is true.

Back