• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Swear words.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
How do you feel about swear words?

My opinion of them are lolderp. I think they're just words and if people continue to give them such a stigma, they'll continue to be consider offensive. I hope in my lifetime, curse words become something of the past and are woven into society and seen as acceptable, because to me they're just the same as any other word in the English dictionary and don't see the big deal some people have when they're used in conversation.

What about you?

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm indifferent. While I personally do not choose to swear, I grew up with a grandfather who thought differently. So, in a way, I'm kind of immune to when people say curse words. My only opinion of them is that when you use it too much, ─ my neighbor says the "s" word at the end of almost all his sentences ─ it becomes ridiculous and if you use it offensively, then I'm not okay with that. Otherwise, sometimes I think they're pretty useful in terms of grabbing attention or hilarious in some cases. I just don't use them.

At the end of the day though, they're just words found in the dictionary.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I grew up with my dad swearing constantly. So it doesn't bother me. It's not so rare for me to catch myself about to swear in front of family and have to shut up, though. Also, my best friend would murder me if I made the mistake of swearing in front of her (even if it's not totally intentional).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I grew up with parents who constantly swore in Spanish. While I swear in English the most, I find the swear words in Spanish a lot more severe than the English. xD Overall, in my opinion...they're all bad xD

I'm not bothered at all unless used in a different way...like sensitive or controversial stuff.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't feel too bothered about swear words, as long as they're not clustered together in an F-bomb. My cousin swears a lot, but I swear only to myself on a few occasions.

Years
I dont mind swear words very much and I do swear sometimes, although not often. I never direct it at others and am sensitive at getting swore at.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I for one don't really mind them, I kinda blurt them by mistake sometimes. My neighbour is always swearing even in front of young kids which is so wrong.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I really don't mind them. If someone insults me I actually play along and start praising them to continue. It's really funny to see their reaction when they see that their words aren't doing a thing to my emotions.

Years
Don't really care if I hear them, just if I hear them a lot. I wouldn't want them to become so commonplace that I'll end up overhearing people saying things like "I'm so derped. I derped the derping derp. Isn't that derp?"

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I used to watch my mouth because I believed in that tired old line about how swear words are for people who have limited vocabularies, but after years of hearing that I'm sick of it. If it's two in the morning and I'm liveblogging a crappy show to you on Facebook, let me drop a few swear words. It won't make either of us any dumber than we are.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
They can be offensive, which is what makes them offensive. It's not the word that matters usually, it is the way it is said; usually it is said with attitude, so when the word is added, it emphasizes that attitude.. and usually it is unappealing or unclassy. Plus, there are so many other words you can use to better express whatever it is you want to express.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
If any of you guys watched the S word episode of South Park, then you'll know that it's never a good idea to use swear words all the time, as parodied by the show itself. It's best to use other words that mean the same but more complex, otherwise you have a rather shallow choice of vocabulary.

droomph

weeb
Years
anything can be offensive if you want…so idc tbh

but if you were to consider the "shallow vocab" part of it I guess I would consider at least moving away from those words once in a while.

For example if I use a "bad word" twice in two sentences (or something like that) I'll tend to try to find a synonym.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
I, personally, don't swear (well, I have occasionally let one slip when something drastic happens [like one time our yard caught fire and I swore then] )

But, if people I hang around swear, I usually don't think much of it. I figure that, just 'cause they swear, it doesn't make them bad people.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I swear a lot while gaming online with my friends but I personally don't swear often in conversations. It's in poor taste in my opinion although I have no real problems with swearing. I've been around and I've met plenty of people that do it all the time.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I myself don't swear, just the way I was raised I guess. On the occasion I slip up or I tend to do it more if online, though I usually don't swear. Though if I'm around people who do, it doesn't bother me unless it's supposed to be an insult towards me. Cause then it's supposed to be offensive.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I don't like to swear. There's a plethora of other words that can be used as synonyms or to describe the same thing. While they're just words, I prefer not to use them because they make me sound 1) pretty unintelligent, and 2) rude.

Years
I don't like to swear. There's a plethora of other words that can be used as synonyms or to describe the same thing. While they're just words, I prefer not to use them because they make me sound 1) pretty unintelligent, and 2) rude.
This is kind of the same as me as well. I might do it on a rare occassion, but usually when it's warranted (like burning myself with hot water).

I don't have a problem when other people use them, I just hate when people seemingly slip them into every sentence (something as simple as "I don't know" vs. "____, I don't know," etc.).

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
I swear only accidentally, but whenever I use them I feel kinda stupid at the same time dirty. All though I trashed talk alot in LOL and other online games.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Words are words and only have as much power as we give them. By censoring them, for example, we give them more power than they deserve.

And for the record, I ****ing love curse words.

Back