• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Be champions (be truth seekers)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So the E4 thread doesn't really cover this and I wanna bring it up! So in Unova we've had two champions: Alder and Iris (the games have been out for almost a year okay! it's no longer a spoiler!) How did you feel about these being the champions of the two games? Would've you rather had Iris for both? Alder returning for a second time? Which do you think was the most champion-like throughout the games (which moments in particular?) If they weren't the champions, who else would've you liked it to be? Would've you preferred it was you? Maybe something like Hall of Fame playing randomly for the English versions lool. Share yo thoughts!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Well, I actually expected a change in the Champion routine. As in, your character from the previous game becoming Champ. Who wouldn't love to see a battle against Nate and Hilbert?

Besides that, I would've liked Alder to have returned. To me, Iris is a bit to childish to be a champion (I still like Iris as a character), and Alder seems like an expert in "champion" business.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I would have prefered for Alder to make a return as Champion in the second game. I share Sonic's opinion on Iris being too much of a child to be the last challenge of the game, i really felt somehwat disappointed.

I think Drayden would have been a great champ as well, he is a great Poketrainer and knows about Unova's tradition and legends. Having a Rival becoming Champ before you do like in the original RBY again would be pretty nice too!

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
I would have prefered alder as a champion because he is a Pro and Iris is a bit childish for being a champion.

I think Hugh would be a great champ because of his fighting spirit XD.Having a rival champ just like in RBY/FRLG would be the coolest battle ever

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Having Iris as a champion seemed a waste as she is only a child, it would not happen it real life. Having Alder back as champion no thank you. I would prefer Bianca as champion as it would of been the coolest plot twist ever.

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I didn't much care for either Alder or Iris. Alder was just kind of there, and Iris didn't really feature prominently in the game; she just had a random upgrade, much like Caitlin. As far as Champions go, they're both extremely disappointing, and I would have preferred either for one of them to undergo some noticeable development and/or interaction, or have someone who was more intimately involved with events - N for example, or Ghetsis, or anyone else who was in the game for longer than a few minutes - be the Champion instead.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I think Alder stepping down as Champion made sense because he wanted to let the current, younger generation take charge, and this is reflected in Iris. I agree that Iris needed a bit more development to become the Champion, but I don't mind her being Champion at all.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
I agree with Platinum. Also.. Alder was... such a joke. Unless his team received a complete overhaul, I couldn't accept him as a "Champion". Iris, on the other hand, was a challenge. As far as themes went, Iris was better as well.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I wanted Hilbert/Hilda to be the champion of BW2, but I knew it was going to be Iris even before I battled her. xD

I agree that Iris provided way more of a challenge than Alder, like an endgame champion battle should. Not to mention that theme of hers is amazing and the battle itself has the best atmosphere of any battle to date. It really felt like a final battle.

Years
I'll have to echo the feelings of a few others in that I wasn't really sold on Iris being Champion, at least not yet. I think she would've made for a great Champion in X/Y if they're placed a few years after the storyline of B/W2, but she seemed to become the Champion out of the blue.

If they were insistent on having Alder step down, I wouldn't have even minded if Benga was the new Champion, as long as they introduced in much earlier in the game.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
So.. you wouldn't want Iris to be Champion because she doesn't seem old enough.. yet you'd accept Benga as a Champion when he seems no older than Iris? ...wut?

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
I preferred Iris as a champion even though she does need a little more maturing. Alder is awesome but his team isn't as good. Iris has a nicer Champion Theme and also a tougher team.

Yes, THAT Lapras and especially THAT troll Level 83 Haxorus with Focus Sash, Outrage and Dragon Dance... And not to forget THAT Archeops with Stone Edge, Acrobatics and Flying Gem in Challenge Mode. It was fun battling with them :)

Years
I loved Iris as a Champion, especially her design. She looked so badass with that hairdo and the fact she's a Trainer outside of competitive play who actually puts held items on their Pokemon. I mean, that Focus Sash she has on Haxorus can really catch those off-guard who try to OHKO it. She even has her Archeops hold a Flying Gem in Challenge Mode... which can make it hit hard with Acrobatics.

Alder was alright, but his team wasn't really appealing at all apart from Volcarona. Iris also has a better, stronger team than him.

Back