• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
The English patch hasn't been finished yet.

I played the first RM, hated it. Didn't import the second RM, but I have the third one. I pre-ordered it, and it arrived on the day of release.

It's pretty good, my only complaint is the difficulty curve. But it's amazing, a vast improvement over the first game.

The amount of skits is amazing, and most of them are voiced, which is even more amazing due to all the characters in the game. I can certainly believe Namco when they say they "maxed out" the PSP.

The gameplay is quite fun, and you can never get bored due to all the characters in it. Even playing as a caster is fun.

It's hard to run out of TP as long as you're smart about it. The AI, however, is not as smart as you and tends to run out of TP quite fast. But they gain it back rather easily, so that isn't a problem unless you have a healer in your party that spams Barrier. (Which can easily be turned off.)

And the Quests are entertaining as well, and the story ones are full of funny skits.

:shocked: I was looking at the characters included in the game, and it looks like just about every character from a Tales game is in it. You even have Saleh from Rebirth, lol. I didn't play very much of the first game as the repetitive quests quickly made me lose interest.

A walkthrough or translation guide isn't necessary for game like this, right? Though I guess you're missing out on the skits.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
I was looking at the characters included in the game, and it looks like just about every character from a Tales game is in it. You even have Saleh from Rebirth, lol. I didn't play very much of the first game as the repetitive quests quickly made me lose interest. A walkthrough or translation guide isn't necessary for game like this, right? Though I guess you're missing out on the skits.
Forget Saleh! Van is in the game, and playable! And I've been getting through it fine without a walkthrough/translation guide, and I can hardly understand any Japanese. So yeah, I'd say they're not necessary. And the skits are pretty easy to get the general gist of. While you may be missing out on exactly what is said, you can sort of understand them.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I always play as a caster. I used to haaaate them but Jade made such a good double (you could use him up front or bring him back to purely cast) that he made me switch over and I find it difficult to use melee characters at all now, haha. I hate healing but I'd rather play healer than have to keep an enemy's attention. 8(

I've never played a Radiant Mythology. D: Maybe next time I see parallelzero I'll see if he'll lend me RM2 since I think he's got RM3 now anyway. 8D;

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
The only casters I usually play as is Rita Mordio from ToV; because she's pretty strong; and REALLY useful with Meteor Storm; and also quite easy to charge your Overlimit with her + combo with her MA. :3 And also Jade, with kind of the same reason. [Sometimes with Genis and Tear too. :3]

Eh, I never played Radiant Mythology myself. D; Never understood Japenese. D;

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
I occasionally main casters. In Vesperia I mained Rita, like many others it seems. In Tales of Graces, thus far I am maining Cheria. She's amazing, her "melee" has an amazing range, her spells deal a lot of damage, and she can heal! I don't see why Sophie is so popular (although I love her as well), since Cheria is much more adaptable. In Tales of Destiny 2, I would occasionally play as Reala... But since the AI sucks so much, I wound up playing as Kyle most of the time. I also played as Marta in Dawn of the New World, but I didn't use black magic as much as healing/melee attacks.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Tales of Symphonia: Mained at Lloyd (Main Character + the fact that Lloyd AI on my games tend to be really stupid and loses his TP faster than I do with my Tiger Rage + Raining Tiger Blade combo), Presea, and Colette. Presea because she was my favorite female for a long time (now it's Raine, with Presea closely behind), and Colette because for some reason, I just found her really fun to play, even though others say she's pretty difficult.

Tales of the Abyss: Guy. Luke was too slow for a swordsman in my taste (same reason why I didn't really main Kratos or Zelos in ToS) and I just liked Guy as a character soooo much more than Luke. In fact, I've been Guy so often in Abyss that I haven't really fought as anyone else unless I had to. XD;

Tales of Symphonia 2: Emil. He was a bit faster than Luke, and my sister was Marta when it was just those two throughout the game. Though when it got to the original cast, depending on who it is my sister would switch Marta with the original cast member (in her case it was usually Genis) or I would switch to the cast member right when the battle began (or fought as Marta).

Those are really the only three Tales of Games I played and completed. /sob.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
EDIT: WTF? The forums deleted like... 3/4s of my post. I'll try and shorten it and see if it goes through. Tales of Phantasia - Cless Tales of Destiny PSX - Stahn Tales of Destiny Remake - Stahn/Lilith/Leon Tales of Destiny 2 - Kyle/Reala Tales of Symphonia - Lloyd Tales of the Abyss - Natalia Tales of Vesperia - Rita Tales of Graces/F - Cheria Tales of the World, Radiant Mythology, 1 - Descender Tales of the World, Radiant Mythology, 3 - Marta Tales of Phantasia, Narikiri Dungeon X - Kururu Tales of Symphonia, Dawn of the New World - Marta Tales of VS - Lloyd EDIT while editing: So it appears I can't write long posts or use paragraphs... I think the forums don't like macs or something, since it's fine when I use my other computers. o_o;; I'll fix this post when I get home, if nobody has responded by then.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
It's rather shallow, but I hardly deviate from using the main character at all through the entirety of the game. Using Judas in ToD2 might be the only time really, and that's only because he's my favorite Tales character. I even stuck with Luca, who plays incredibly slow; Never been one who likes to sit back and wait. ;)

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
I'll probably main Spada when I get Innocence, since he plays so much like Lloyd from what I've seen. Also, just ignore my previous post for now. I'll try and fix it later. :/

Speed

Skyward
Years
I usually use the main character since everyone other character is so slow compared to them. D: Or I use spellcasters, either one.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
Years
I use spellcasters when among friends on multiplayer, otherwise I prefer to combo the crap out of enemies with fast attackers (Lloyd, Guy) or magic swordsmen (Luke, Zelos). I also occasionally like the brawler (Farah).

Cherrim

Years
Symphonia - Kratos n_n
Legendia - Chloe
Symphonia 2 - Marta
Abyss - Jade
Vesperia - Rita
Eternia - Meredy

The other games I never played enough of or didn't assemble a full party in. :'( But you can definitely see my shift to spellcasters haha.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
can i join

i play alot of tales,love asch, yuri, leon, judas

i plan on getting tales of the world rm 3 cause of judas but not atm

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
I'm surprised I only just noticed this club. xDD;;
I'd like to join, please! :D
I'm currently playing through Symphonia and Innocence, and planning to get Radiant Mythology sooner or later.
I'm also interested in Vesperia, and Abyss 3D, but I don't have an XBox, nor a 3DS. So yeah. In time, in time. xD;
I also adore all the Tales openings. :>

Years
Yes! You're LP is awesome, Fabio. xDD;;
I read some of it, earlier.
I might do a LP of Phantasia, or something later on.

Thank youuuuuuuuuuu!
I might be a bit slow to update it over the next few days, but I will be able to keep going on at it. :3​

Yeah, your going a great LP so far. <3
I was planning to do a LP of Tales of Vesperia pretty soon. <3

Anyway, I'll add you guys soon. <3

Thank youuuu!
You have a great club here! :3​

Cherrim

Years
Guys, is anyone else getting excited for the Tales anime releases in English? Abyss is slated for a May or June release start (I forget which) and they announced that the Vesperia movie would be localized, too! :D I am excite! Maybe they'll bring the Symphonia ones over too?

Back