• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OU RMT] Changing Currents

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
uh oh! awful title! zap zap zap. okay, this is the first team i have actually worked on properly, and i now have time to battle (so, my return to battling!). well, i've been using this time for oh...about a week. i have barely changed much from the original version except a few moves and i did try one replacement. i'm pretty impressed by the team's success, but it still has a few flaws and threats.

Ani479WMS.png
Ani385MS.png
Ani560MS.png
Ani472MS.png
Ani381MS.png
Ani612MS.png

479%20WF.gif

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 160 HP / 160 SAtk / 188 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

rotom is my usual lead for scouting, and then after a volt switch i go to jirachi since it beats majority of the pokémon that rotom loses against. hidden power fire is for ferrothorn, which gives my team some problems so i have to lure it. rotom is my switch in for stuff like heatran, jellicent, starmie, etc. evs are simple, speed is to outrun modest heatran, specs chandelure, jolly scizor, bulky dd nite, agiligross, ss cloyster, etc. the rest is split between hp and spa. i originally had mienshao in rotom's place, but i found too many threats and replaced it with rotom (rotom also gives the team more useful resistances).

385.gif

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SDef / 40 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

jirachi is my go-to guy if rotom has trouble. jirachi is my only dragon resist, and handles latios for me. it spreads paralysis, heals my team, and even sets up stealth rock. i thought jirachi wouldn't be as good without protect, but it still has been amazing. and almost always gets sr up every battle.

560.gif

Scrafty (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Hi Jump Kick
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

scrafty was the pokémon that started this team; the team's late-game sweeper. scrafty takes advantage of tyranitar and ferrothorn's popularity, and once a few threats like skarm are out of the way, it can sweep teams very well. the original idea was to use meinshao to lure in gliscor, so that scrafty can use taunt instead of ice punch. but with rotom replacing mienshao, i'm using ice punch now.

472.gif

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Taunt

gliscor comes in on pokémon that causes scrafty problems, such as skarm, hippo (though i have to watch out for ice fang), fighting-types, etc. gliscor is my check for excadrill, jirachi, ferrothorn (kinda), and so on. speed evs are to outspeed that huge 244 speed tie, and outruns tormentran.

381.gif

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

latios switches in on stuff like rotom-w that gliscor has problems with. latios adds some extra offensive power to the team. psychoke is for blissey, and a second stab move without having to lower latios' spa.

612.gif

Haxorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rivalry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dual Chop
- Brick Break

haxorus helps deal with some threats that team couldn't handle like thundurus. haxorus is my revenge killer, and is very strong as well (something that doesn't usually mix with a scarf pokémon). it also works as a second cleaner is scrafty fainted. rivalry helps boost haxorus' attack, since it doesn't have cb or lo. dual chop is really useful for stuff like sub disable gengar or anti's sub thundurus.

Threats
the only ones i can remember having trouble with

Ani230MS.png
- kingdra in rain can be a problem, i can't outspeed or do anything to it. only thing i can try to do is paralyze it with jirachi, but they always have lum berry. dd kingdra can be revenge killed by haxorus, but otherwise i can still have problems. jirachi can still come in on outrages, but it gets weakened down and it can take a few turns to paralyze with the 60% chance and the possibility of lum.

Ani637MS.png
- volcarona looks like a big threat, but the ones that i have battled never got a chance to set up. ;(

Export to Text
if you want to use this for some reason

Spoiler:

i have jirachi as the lead, but swap with rotom in team preview for tricking the opponent. woop.

457f.gif

Years
My only suggestion is Drain Punch over Hi Jump Kick on Scrafty, especially since you are running Life Orb on him. I don't think you'll miss the extra power too much, even less so once Scrafty has an attack boost or two under his pants.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
hi woooooofie, cool team. there are very few things i can think of off the top of my head so i'll just give it a few guesses. :3

first you have a hardy nature on scor, i'd fix that. secondly, i think you should consider investing in a bulkier spread/set on rotom-w. why? it's your go-to guy for a lot of threats, especially things like mamoswine that can honestly rip through your team with some residual damage and rotom-w having gone down. other things like sub hp ice landorus can scare out jirachi and KO a threat before returning etc. you really do rely on it for most of your resists and immunities and it's heavily the glue of your team which i guess is why i'd put some thought into making it more reliable with pain split recovery. (you do have wish now but you won't always be able to get off jirachi >> rotom and eventually the opponent will catch on ;;). i dunno, i'd just be super wary with rotom-w because if it somehow gets nabbed you're really threatened by a lot more things.

tbh if you must switch anything out i'd firstly consider scrafty. at this point you're really not clearing the path for it that much (since you don't lure gliscor etc idk) and it's just like that generic late-game sweeper. if you find yourself needing to replace anything i'd drop him first. i dunno what you'd replace him with, but that's what experimenting is for.

yeah i really have no idea what else to suggest. kingdra in rain is really kinda impossible to prepare for and you just have to guess around. you could try using a jellicent >> scrafty to abuse water absorb (and clever switching with jirachi) to stall out the rain as well as hopefully kill off its bulkiness. jellicent is also a decent volcarona check though it still basically loses in the sun. ;-; you could also try twave thundy though i know some people run subdra and even then it might be faster after a few dds + rain.

i dunno what else i can add... ;-; anyway good luck with your team and i hoped my rate helped a bit. :(

Amuse

N.E.E.T.
Years
Nice team!
Umm, Kingdra in the rain with Swift Swim is currently banned unless your opponent wants to be a gigantic a-hole and plays it anway. Also I suppose you can´t get around if THEY aren´t the ones bringing Drizzle. I suppose your only choice in that case is hope & prey they have Sniper on it but...who does?

Everything else has been said already. Drain Punch > Hi Jump Kick on Scrafty any day, and I assume your Gliscor is meant to be a physical wall. In that case I´d change the nature to Impish. Also on your Rotom, you might consider the standard 4HP/252Sp.Atk/252Spe spread so as to give you more revenge killing opportunities.

Just my 2 cents.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Nice team!
Umm, Kingdra in the rain with Swift Swim is currently banned unless your opponent wants to be a gigantic a-hole and plays it anway. Also I suppose you can´t get around if THEY aren´t the ones bringing Drizzle. I suppose your only choice in that case is hope & prey they have Sniper on it but...who does?

Everything else has been said already. Drain Punch > Hi Jump Kick on Scrafty any day, and I assume your Gliscor is meant to be a physical wall. In that case I´d change the nature to Impish. Also on your Rotom, you might consider the standard 4HP/252Sp.Atk/252Spe spread so as to give you more revenge killing opportunities.

Just my 2 cents.

He's talking about Kingdra used in non-Drizzle environments. Basically, Swift Swim Kingdra is allowed when used with Pokemon that use the move Rain Dance, just not allowed with Politoed and its Drizzle ability. Infinite rain is deemed "too" broken with Kingdra, whereas Damp Rock rain (that only lasts eight turns) is fine. I guess this is just more clarification than anything, but Kingdra is allowed in the rain - just not with Politoed.

Amuse

N.E.E.T.
Years
Swift Swim Kingdra is allowed when used with Pokemon that use the move Rain Dance, just not allowed with Politoed and its Drizzle ability.
*facepalm* I totally forgot about that fact. Fail on my part, I do apologize. /derp

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2011
I just used your team for a couple battles, since you gave us the text for it.

So far I've only came across two issues. The first has already been mentioned, Drain Punch works much better on Scrafty, especially since it's paired with the life orb.

My second issue is probably just me... but I've come across numberous Swampert Leads... and Rotom can't do a thing, and is forced to switch. I'm tempted to swap out HP Fire for something.

I've never used Latios in my life... and I'm loving it. :)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
My second issue is probably just me... but I've come across numberous Swampert Leads... and Rotom can't do a thing, and is forced to switch. I'm tempted to swap out HP Fire for something.

Hydro Pump does a number to it, and Tricking the Specs away locks it into Stealth Rock (which you can presume it will do as all the other moves it commonly uses are ineffective against Rotom-W). From then you can Volt Change away as it will most certainly switch out.

Amuse

N.E.E.T.
Years
Tricking the Specs away locks it into Stealth Rock (which you can presume it will do as all the other moves it commonly uses are ineffective against Rotom-W).

Gotta agree, I used to really underestimate Trick a while back in Gen IV but it´s an AMAZING move assuming you can use it effectivelly.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2011

Hydro Pump does a number to it, and Tricking the Specs away locks it into Stealth Rock (which you can presume it will do as all the other moves it commonly uses are ineffective against Rotom-W). From then you can Volt Change away as it will most certainly switch out.

... I'm not the brightest sometimes. Thank you!

Back