• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Opal Version

Jay-Kunn

Lawfully Evil
Years
Pokémon Opal Version

This idea has been in progress for over a year and a half, now. At first, the inclusion of custom Pokémon turned me off. However, with a completed Dex of customized Pokémon, I'm fully satisfied at the outcome.
_________________________________________________​

Pokémon Opal Version
What happens when the fight reaches the inside?

Story
The Ikiroh Region, a sprawling land of business and finance. At least, that's what it seemed to be on the surface...

Lately, many of the larger corporations have lost millions; going into bankruptcy. Many have become unemployed, with only the most important and central of careers staying afloat. Finances, while there, are the top priority to those of the Region. Spending money unnecessarily would prove to be fatal to the economy.

This paves the inevitable road to violence. With no money to fund law enforcement further, there have been violent attacks upon the citizens of the Region; many going unchecked and unresolved.

Despite stability being on the line and against the wishes of their parents, the hero wishes to become a Pokémon Trainer. Unaware of the sheer gravity of the downturn of the region, the hero embarks on a journey to pave their own way to fame.

However, naivety is one of humanity's worst traits. When conspiracies open, horrible events are experienced, and the very worst of the worst are brought to light; eyes are opened to something even larger than the Region, itself.

In this time of horror, whom are you able to trust? What happens when the fight is taken to the very core?

Meet the Characters
Adrian
The male protagonist of the story. Unwilling to allow his parents tie him down, he leaves his home during the night to seize the chance of becoming a Trainer. During an encounter with a mysterious soldier, he is injured and left in a beaten state, being saved by Professor Averia Greene and her three Pokémon Starters, specially bred. After running away with one of the Pokémon in a frantic chase, Adrian soon becomes attached to it. Through some convincing, he is given the Pokémon to keep. Now, he travels the region to prove himself worthy to everyone, while also uncovering mysteries that will shake the foundation of his very morals.

Madison
The female protagonist of the story. Unwilling to allow her parents tie her down, she leaves her home during the night to seize the chance of becoming a Trainer. During an encounter with a mysterious soldier, she is injured and left in a beaten state, being saved by Professor Averia Greene and her three specially bred Pokémon Starters. After running away with one of the Pokémon in a frantic chase, Madison soon becomes attached to it. Through some convincing, she is given the Pokémon to keep. Now, she travels the region to prove herself worthy to everyone, while also uncovering mysteries that will shake the foundation of her very beliefs.

Catherine
Catherine, often shortened to Cathy, is the player's rival; the main one to battle the player throughout the game. She is a serious and calculating battler, having her eyes set on becoming the Champion just as Tyrus and Adrian/Madison. She begins as a somewhat predictable battler, her strategies fairly straightforward and easy to break due to her overconfidence. However, she began under tutelage of another powerful Trainer; Winter, who trained Catherine to become stronger in preparation for the Pokemon League. During the events of the game, she experiences a metamorphoses into a much more tolerable person; helping the Player uncover the conspiracies behind their failing region.

Tyrus
Tyrus is the player's rival. He is the fiery and upbeat son of Professor Greene. He is shown to be a naturally gifted battler, and retains a sense of arrogance at being capable of defeating Catherine without losing any Pokemon. Tyrus is shown to be extensively blunt, due to his belief in "optimism equating to truth"; a philosophy being that one must analyze yourself critically while being optimistic of your abilities. Tyrus shows great interest in the Legendary Pokemon of the region, Dusreign and Lunareign. However, he seems to have little to no interest in the region's current condition.

Professor Averia Greene
Professor Greene is a Trainer-Professor living within the Region. She spends her time facilitating the contained and safe selective breeding of Pokemon, while also training her Pokemon to be in top shape. After her encounter with Team Dusk and the protagonist, she finds that one of her Starter Pokemon has run off with the protagonist. After a search for the two, she decides to let the protagonist keep his/her Pokemon in exchange for them helping her complete the PokeDex. She is the mother of Tyrus and longtime friend of Stephanie, the player's mother.

Team Dusk
Team Dusk is the antagonist force of the game. Having a vicegrip control over the flow of their operations, they execute their plans with deadly precision. They are dangerous, showing to be willing to go to any lengths to succeed in their goals. What that goal is, however, remains a mystery; much like the identity of their leader, Tsura.

Meet the League

The Pokemon League is home to eight powerful Gym Leaders and the Elite Four, all of whom are led by the Champion.

1. Maurine - Water
    "The Aquatic Idol!"
  2. Ferah and Rafeh - Fire
    "The Blazing Inferno on a Silent Wick!"
  3. Jason - Steel
    "The Iron-Clad Fist of Absolute Willpower!"
  4. Ivy - Grass
    "Serenity In Thorns!"
  5. Dennis - Rock
    "The Smooth Stone with Edge!"
  6. Yuki - Ice
    "The Snowgirl of the Northern Ice!"
  7. Darius - Dark
    "The Mysterious Game of Deceit!"
  8. Lauren - Dragon
    "The Unbreakable Elite!"

Elite Four
  • Farron - Flying
    "A High-Pressure Wind..."
  • Tyrah - Electric
    "The Storm of Existence..."
  • Karin - Fighting
    "The Goddess of the Fist..."
  • Dilan - Ghost
    "The Ethereal Master..."
  • Michael - Various
    "The Zenith of Absolute Power!"

The Dex
Spoiler:

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Right now, I'm trying to focus my energy on completing each of the Pokemon and their stats. However, I need the following:

- Scripters
- Pixel Artists
- Musicians
- Event Helpers*

*I say helpers, as I need someone to teach me how to event; due to my lack of knowledge. PM me for any further questions or simply ask them in the thread!

Team Opal
Jay-Kunn ~ Head, Storyboard, Mapper, Eventer, Dex Manager

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Hello Jay.

Overall, I really like the ideas you've presented. The synopsis and the bios of the characters are well-written. I feel that this idea has great potential.

Now to answer your questions:
Are you capable of making the Pokemon Sprites animated, much like Black and White?
To a certain extent, it is possible. I have not tried it, but in Pokemon Essentials, you can make battlers animated. A tutorial on this is located here: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:Animating_battle_sprites
Are you capable of installing Black and White tilesets?
Depends on if a tileset is fully ripped, and whether they are arranged in RMXP's format. You can't really have the same 3D effects with RPG Maker as with the official games, keep in mind.
Are you able to include many of the effects that the Gen IV-V games have harbored, such as weather and terrain?
Weather and terrain are pretty much already implemented, depending on if you want to develop this game with Pokemon Essentials. It's even possible to add new terrain yourself.

Ability and Move effects are another story, however. Not all of the effects are implemented. I was able to get some missing effects like Snow Warning and Sand Rush to work, though, since they are copies of other abilities.
This link and this link will help you learn what effects are currently implemented in Essentials.

Jay-Kunn

Lawfully Evil
Years
Thank you very much for the kind words! And also, thank you for the links. I will try to implement these. Another question, if you don't mind me asking:

If I were to implement moves that I've created onto Essentials, will these codes support those moves?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Thank you very much for the kind words! And also, thank you for the links. I will try to implement these. Another question, if you don't mind me asking:

If I were to implement moves that I've created onto Essentials, will these codes support those moves?
As long as you include one of the working function codes within a move, then the effect should work.

Jay-Kunn

Lawfully Evil
Years
UPDATE: I will be handling the Character Concept Art myself. The Fake'Mon Concept Art, however, is still open.

Jay-Kunn

Lawfully Evil
Years
UPDATE: I have completed the Fake'Mon Dex. As of now, I'm moving along with delineating stats and typing.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Quick couple of questions...

Do you have any progress other than the PokéDex?

Have you drawn any of these Fakemon or are you looking for someone to do them?

Jay-Kunn

Lawfully Evil
Years
Quick couple of questions...

Do you have any progress other than the PokéDex?

Have you drawn any of these Fakemon or are you looking for someone to do them?

As of right now, I'm developing the script for the game, the flow-story, and the competitive portion (like, movesets for the dex).

I'm also trying to create more map areas, but due to a system backup failure my previous 29 locations were lost =-=

And yes, I need someone to design them. Really, I need concept art/pixel art.

Last edited:

Jay-Kunn

Lawfully Evil
Years
UPDATE: I've created a draft map for Sandasha Town, the starting point. Critique on it, ways to make it better, etc.

Sandasha_Torn.png

Years
The buildings are too spaced out, and everything seems very square. Try to make borders a bit more random and varied. It might also be an idea to use more than one house tile!

Back